Stone/Newman Crystal Ball | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Stone/Newman Crystal Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Complete speculation and maybe a pipe dream, but what if Newman's taking about Enoch ? Think about it, Stone meet him at the Reebok breakout classic and maybe just maybe they hit it off. Then Stone mentioned it to Newman and he was like whose that???? And now he wants Enoch and/or Stone to hit him up.

Or maybe I just have a wild imaaaagination. :D:p

Same thing popped into my head! Guess we have the same drink of choice ;)
On a more serious note, I do remember the rumor about Enoch/Smith, but with the tragic end to Smith's Summer, he has become a complete wild card on all fronts. I think we are gaining serious steam with the Package deal, judging by the many references made in recent articles and the flurry of predictions today. IMO we are at least in a toss up with UK/KU, and someone like Enoch (a definitive UConn lean) at least being mentioned would: one be our wildest dream; and two, likely push us over the top for MN/DS. I'll be very interested to see who, if anyone, has been in cahoots with those two elite ballers. And then seeing the shock waves, if any, caused by said move.

C

Chief00

Or it's Coach Cal trying to add a 3rd guy that UK already has locked up since Stone/Newman not trending his way.

Reaction Score
Not to put the cart waaayyy before the horse....but would Adams, Newman, Jones/Smith, Enoch, Stone be the best recruiting class of all time? Fab five and Anthony Davis class might beg to differ. However, I'm already happy with this class, but wow, what could become. Hash tag Olliewood (is that how I do that?)
Can I get back to you in April of 2016?

Reaction Score
So Adams has committed and we seem strong with Stone, Newman, Briscoe, and Enoch but there's only room for three (let's assume nobody leaves early). If Newman and Stone are a package, who do you take, Briscoe or Enoch? Hopefully this is a problem we actually have.

I don't think we really have a shot at Briscoe anymore.

Reaction Score
Why no Briscoe? I think he is still in play. Truly we are in play for many top recruits so these are interesting times and we will see how this all plays out.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not that's there's anything wrong with that.

Doesn't strike me as weird at all actually. 18 year old chicks have been doing it to me for years....

Reaction Score
yea I'm going to need someone to do some vetting on "intelwarrior"

Reaction Score
I don't care what intelwarrior has to say. I'll put more stock in the fact that Ricky Moore and Karl Hobbs are the only ones watching Diamond Stone.

kinda reminiscent of JC and staff being the only coaches watching Drummond during the summer of 11 because everyone knew if he were going to college it would be UConn. hopefully this works out the same.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I know he is keeping everything close to the vest but has he mentioned what signing period he wanted to sign in?

Reaction Score
I might be way off on this, but according to a lot of twitter updates the UConn staff hasn't been at a lot of Enoch's games recently. I know we were pushing hard for him to commit just a week ago, but he's holding out for some reason. If we land Diamond Stone soon this will be a decision that Enoch regrets if we don't continue to recruit him.

Reaction Score
Wow. if true, that's a huge development. While the UConn fan in me wants to believe that it's true, the logical fan in me cannot honestly think of a reason that makes more sense. Why would coaches NOT be watching Stone? He's a top 5 prospect; coaches don't just ignore an elite player like that, unless they really don't like their chances.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I might be way off on this, but according to a lot of twitter updates the UConn staff hasn't been at a lot of Enoch's games recently. I know we were pushing hard for him to commit just a week ago, but he's holding out for some reason. If we land Diamond Stone soon this will be a decision that Enoch regrets if we don't continue to recruit him.

I don't see how signing Stone affects Enoch. We have room for both and need a PF more than a C.

Reaction Score

Maybe the staff hasn't been at every Enoch game like they seem to have been for Stone, but Ollie has personally watched Enoch multiple times this week so I wouldn't worry.

Reaction Score

they were just watching him in Philly on Thursday & Friday. you guys gotta relax and let the recruiting process play out, just a few weeks ago we had guys theorizing that the Jalen Adams relationship had went sour, and that the staff was turning its attention to other guys(Eric Davis) after the Louisville offer....and then Adams visited and committed a day later. You can't tell exactly what's going on based on some tweets.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Couple questions for the recruiting heads. What visits do we have planned coming up and is the champions center open?

Reaction Score
I don't care what intelwarrior has to say. I'll put more stock in the fact that Ricky Moore and Karl Hobbs are the only ones watching Diamond Stone.

This would mean we are getting Newman too. Put his latest tweet with this...

Reaction Score
I am going to be greedy...1st choice would be Adams, Stone, Newman, and Enosch. If the Newman/Stone package breaks up, I say next up would Jones or Smith coming off injury. Next couple months could be entertaining to see how the pieces come together. Keep reloading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom