Stone/Newman Crystal Ball | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stone/Newman Crystal Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Midrange jumpers?? I sure as hell hope not! These guys dont even have 1 post move combibed. One step at a time. Love their d though...I think phil being more than servicable on the d end significantly helped up win that ship.
It has nothing to do with the centers' post moves.
The driving ability of several players on the '14-'15 team will be an absolute strength. RP may be one of the best ever, TSam showed very strong driving and finishing ability and DHam also have the length and skill to be very effective. Sam Jr. may also have this ability (haven't seen his game enough to tell) and Boat can be very effective in driving and pulling up for short jumpers. However, to utilize this strength, the 5 will need to slide out and open up some space. If PN and AB can hit the occasional 10-15 footer, this will force their defender to have to come out to cover them...further opening up the middle for the drive (Kentan Facey will also likely work as a "stretch four" further opening up the drive...reference the video where he drained multiple 3s in a row in practice and he show a very good 15 foot to 3 pt touch last year).

Reaction Score
Not to put the cart waaayyy before the horse....but would Adams, Newman, Jones/Smith, Enoch, Stone be the best recruiting class of all time? Fab five and Anthony Davis class might beg to differ. However, I'm already happy with this class, but wow, what could become. Hash tag Olliewood (is that how I do that?)

Reaction Score
I believe we only have 3 ships left

True, put another poster brought up the point that a fifth ship is potential to pop up. If only Drummond was still around to give it away.

Reaction Score
Not to put the cart waaayyy before the horse....but would Adams, Newman, Jones/Smith, Enoch, Stone be the best recruiting class of all time? Fab five and Anthony Davis class might beg to differ. However, I'm already happy with this class, but wow, what could become. Hash tag Olliewood (is that how I do that?)

I hate to say this because I hate UK but each of Cal's classes prior to this one would beg to differ.

Reaction Score
Midrange jumpers?? I sure as hell hope not! These guys dont even have 1 post move combibed. One step at a time. Love their d though...I think phil being more than servicable on the d end significantly helped up win that ship.

Phil's a lot further along than you might think in the post. He has a couple nice moves, he just hasn't been able to display a soft enough touch to be a consistent option down there.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
So Adams has committed and we seem strong with Stone, Newman, Briscoe, and Enoch but there's only room for three (let's assume nobody leaves early). If Newman and Stone are a package, who do you take, Briscoe or Enoch? Hopefully this is a problem we actually have.

Reaction Score
@iammaliknewman: Me @Diamond_Stone33 and ?????? Got some heat coming! Hmu big Bruh!!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
There's no way they're thinking of adding another guy to this package deal. Pretty much guarantees it won't happen

Reaction Score
Stone, Newman, Purvis/Adams, DHam and Brimah may be the best college team of the last 20 years, if it happens

Good sign: Jeff Borzello picked UConn for the both of them.

Borzello usually knows his stuff.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Idk. I'm looking at it as a third person possibly packaging. I have no clue.

There is 3 open scholarships for the 2015 class. Adams + Newman/Stone + ????

Reaction Score
Idk. I'm looking at it as a third person possibly packaging. I have no clue.

Complete speculation and maybe a pipe dream, but what if Newman's taking about Enoch ? Think about it, Stone meet him at the Reebok breakout classic and maybe just maybe they hit it off. Then Stone mentioned it to Newman and he was like whose that???? because Steve is a relatively new name on the national recruiting stage. And now he wants Enoch and/or Stone to hit him up.

Or maybe I just have a wild imaaaagination. :D:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member