Statement from KO | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Statement from KO

Reaction Score
I say we settle at $3-4m ... and put Kevin Ollie in the Huskies of Honor (for winning a National Championship - of course)

NONE of this trashing - either on the Boneyard or from Herbst/Benedict or circling Auriemma/Calhoun or letting this public is good for anything I care for as a Stakeholder. KO deserves to move on due to his production as a Student-Athlete and the NC. He deserved to be fired because he wasn't doing the job - ie. Mess.

:eek: Mike Noyes will be inducted into the Huskies of Honor before Ollie.

The honorable thing to do would have been making a deal behind closed doors, thereby leaving on his "own terms" for the betterment of the program.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
AAUP Article 10: Authority of the Arbitrator (pg 6)

“The arbitrator shall hear and decide only one (1) grievance in each case. The arbitrator shall neither add to, subtract from, modify not alter the terms and provisions of this agreement. Arbitration shall be confined solely to the application and/or interpretation of this agreement and the precise issue submitted for arbitration. The arbitrator shall have no authority to determine any other issues. The arbitrator shall refrain from issuing statements of opinion or conclusion not essential to determining the issue submitted. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding subject to statutory provisions”
You are the man Medic!

It seems then that the Arbitrator will either decide that there was just cause for termination or their was not. If that is accurate, I think KO's best option is to offer to settle now.

CL82

Reaction Score
I say we settle at $3-4m ...
I think that was the right range at the end of the season as a quid pro quo for going away quietly, uh I mean, amiably. Stopping the process now, after bad PR is worth less.

Reaction Score
Was it written on a cocktail napkin?

Okay, that might have been a cheap shot.
So what if he drinks? I'm pretty sure a fair amount of alcohol is consumed by members of the boneyard. What does it have to do with anything?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So what if he drinks? I'm pretty sure a fair amount of alcohol is consumed by members of the boneyard. What does it have to do with anything?

To excess during the work week to the point where it affects any of our livelihoods?

Reaction Score
To excess during the work week to the point where it affects any of our livelihoods?
Was Ollie doing that? I am not privey to that info. If that was the case, then I retract my statement.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Adding to that, most of us don't have a public image element to our jobs. He was the face of the program. That carries some additional responsibilities.

Reaction Score
Adding to that, most of us don't have a public image element to our jobs. He was the face of the program. That carries some additional responsibilities.
So was he getting loaded in public? I 'm just asking. I live far away.

Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So was he getting loaded in public? I 'm just asking. I live far away.

I don't live in CT, but others can elaborate.

Reaction Score
Great PR move and timing. Like the Dems launching the IA famiy thing on Fathers' Day.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
ask whaler.

Reaction Score

I'm guessing you haven't been around here that long.
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
They should settle. I think it’s a failing on both sides that they haven’t...eventually, I think they will.

But the Huskies of Honor?

Nope.

Wasn’t good enough as a player and while he earned his ring, he burned the house down right afterwards.

How about just a nice standing ovation on Kevin Ollie appreciation night at Gampel in a few years?
How are they going to have a Kevin Ollie appreciation night when the official story is that they fired him for unacceptable conduct?

CL82

Reaction Score
Oh well just Whaler then.

(Sorry it was too easy.)

Reaction Score
I don't live in CT, but others can elaborate.
Since being here for a few months now, I have read many posts alluding to KO's " off court behavior". Not knowing anything about this, I have been curious to say the least. I have read enough "hints" in the threads last couple of days to begin to connect the dots. I am not going to judge the guy. I have screwed up enough in my own life. All I can say is this is a sad situation and I hope it is settled soon and we can move on. But it probably won't be over soon.

Reaction Score
How are they going to have a Kevin Ollie appreciation night when the official story is that they fired him for unacceptable conduct?
After several years to a decade or so, new president or more, new AD or more, etc. ...

Reaction Score
While it hasn't been made public that there was a settlement offer, I'm inclined to believe there was. With that said, I've really lost all respect for Ollie over the last 12-15 hours. I'm thankful for his time spent at UConn and the national championships he brought us, but to drag us through the mud when he very clearly violated NCAA rules is shameful. I will not cheer for him if he is welcomed back to Gampel or XL.

The good news is he doesn't give a rats a** about your point of view! You're not a real good fan in my eyes, shallow person but if you're happy good for you! LOL...ptitful not cheering for him and anyone else here who feels the same. But I realize this is the BY.

EDIT: not cheering for him to win the case and the 10 mil is fine heck I’m not maybe a third is all he deserves. But as a person KO is still a blue blood and he made mistakes, hope he lands on his feet when the smoke clears and most everyone should feel the same as a UConn fan, just my opinion!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The good news is he doesn't give a rats a** about your point of view! You're not a real good fan in my eyes, shallow person but if you're happy good for you! LOL...ptitful not cheering for him and anyone else here who feels the same. But I realize this is the BY.
My views are all contingent on UConn offering a settlement to Ollie in March and him declining, which is all speculation. I probably spoke a little irrationally and I'm not sure we'll ever find out if a settlement was offered. If there wasn't, my viewpoint on Ollie is entirely different.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom