Statement from KO | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Statement from KO

Reaction Score
Yup - trying to win in the Court of Public Opinion 'cause there is zero chance he wins in a Court of Law

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What Ollie says doesn’t matter one iota. All eyes and ears should be on Parenteau.

Reaction Score
What Ollie says doesn’t matter one iota. All eyes and ears should be on Parenteau.
Good point. I rescind my previous statement and chalk it up to a rare moment of weakness. It won’t happen again.

Reaction Score
I never really thought people bought into PR stunts but I guess you're proof that they do work
It's why guys like Benny Hinn have their own private jets and why billions are spent on diet pills and other get rich quick schemes.

This is the PR statement your lawyers draft when they know you're farked in the courts and want to curry some favor with the public.

Reaction Score
It's why guys like Benny Hinn have their own private jets and why billions are spent on diet pills and other get rich quick schemes.

This is the PR statement your lawyers draft when they know you're farked in the courts and want to curry some favor with the public.
Or the statement you draft before you go nuclear. "Look what the mean school made me do"

Reaction Score
Seems pretty simple to me. Now that the information is out, I think this is going to turn ugly in a very public forum. Don't believe he was offered very much, but that is a guess.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Meh, the timing and content are a little off, but this managing the high profile client 101. Win or lose, your guy has to live in the real world. It isn't wise to let public opinion drift too far unfavorable.

I do think this is a wiser tact than, the initial "Kevin Ollie is still the coach" approach they took initially.

Does anyone know if the arbitrator must choose one of two proffered positions or can he go somewhere in the middle? If this thing is going be settled, it will probably happen before arbitration. Uncertainty is the best tool KO's attorneys have in the shed.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
His biggest sin isn't "just losing." If he had been working really hard and got fired I'd feel bad for him but by all accounts he had just been completely checked out and off the rails for a while

You’re missing the point. It has nothing to do with KO, but with what’s best for our athletic dept. this isn’t worth the ten mil

Reaction Score
You’re missing the point. It has nothing to do with KO, but with what’s best for our athletic dept. this isn’t worth the ten mil
It's too early to tell if it's "worth" the buyout money yet. And who's to say this information doesn't come out anyway?

Reaction Score
Was it written on a cocktail napkin?

Okay, that might have been a cheap shot.

I say we settle at $3-4m ... and put Kevin Ollie in the Huskies of Honor (for winning a National Championship - of course)

NONE of this trashing - either on the Boneyard or from Herbst/Benedict or circling Auriemma/Calhoun or letting this public is good for anything I care for as a Stakeholder. KO deserves to move on due to his production as a Student-Athlete and the NC. He deserved to be fired because he wasn't doing the job - ie. Mess.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the arbitrator must choose one of two proffered positions or can he go somewhere in the middle? If this thing is going be settled, it will probably happen before arbitration. Uncertainty is the best tool KO's attorneys have in the shed.

AAUP Article 10: Authority of the Arbitrator (pg 6)

“The arbitrator shall hear and decide only one (1) grievance in each case. The arbitrator shall neither add to, subtract from, modify not alter the terms and provisions of this agreement. Arbitration shall be confined solely to the application and/or interpretation of this agreement and the precise issue submitted for arbitration. The arbitrator shall have no authority to determine any other issues. The arbitrator shall refrain from issuing statements of opinion or conclusion not essential to determining the issue submitted. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding subject to statutory provisions”

Reaction Score
I say we settle at $3-4m ... and put Kevin Ollie in the Huskies of Honor (for winning a National Championship - of course)

NONE of this trashing - either on the Boneyard or from Herbst/Benedict or circling Auriemma/Calhoun or letting this public is good for anything I care for as a Stakeholder. KO deserves to move on due to his production as a Student-Athlete and the NC. He deserved to be fired because he wasn't doing the job - ie. Mess.

Totally agree with all that.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

While I'm not sure on the timing of the Huskies of Honor - I completely agree with everything else.

This was handled poorly by all parties involved.

Reaction Score
Cheap shots are at happy hour.
Wait, West Hartford happy hours last late into the night? First, dollar oyster nights. Now, late night happy hours. Coeds to cougars; West Hartford's crazy! ;)

Reaction Score
I don't see how anyone who is a UConn fan could be arguing Ollie's side at this point:

A. 'The principal' - aka do the right thing. Ollie from every account was not working hard, results indisputable, evidence via player comments continues to build. There is no argument that UConn has an obligation to honor a contract that was not being honored. Its harder to win a lawsuit or cancel a contract based on poor performance vs cause, but legally you use any and everything you can. That's business, life - and it is MORE fair & principled not to pay someone who wasn't doing their job. ESPECIALLY when we are talking about new/future dollars that UConn now has to pay to a new coach.

B. There are violations. Yes every college program has skeletons, but that is a 10-year olds defense. There are NCAA and contract, university policy violations.

C. UConn has a new coach and a path forward. There is no argument about reputation not repudiated by hiring the right head coach for UConn moving forward. Reputation is all about our current coach, program and our next game/season.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

They should settle. I think it’s a failing on both sides that they haven’t...eventually, I think they will.

But the Huskies of Honor?

Nope.

Wasn’t good enough as a player and while he earned his ring, he burned the house down right afterwards.

How about just a nice standing ovation on Kevin Ollie appreciation night at Gampel in a few years?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom