St. Mary's Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

St. Mary's Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I also want to mention that a deep run can lead to surprise recruit commitments. DeAndre Daniels come to mind. Getting the nation's eyes on you can bear fruit.
Someone is going to see at least 3 major contributors returning(AJax, Karaban, Clingan) from a sweet 16 team(or better) alongside a top 5 MCDAA pg and see themselves as the missing piece.The portal should be fun

Reaction Score
Great game. Way to get hot at the right time Hawkins. We go as far as his 3 pt shooting goes

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I don’t think a program of UConn’s stature should ever hand out a “lifetime contract”. Unless your name is Jim Calhoun or Geno
i'm assuming that was sarcasm

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The negative Nancy’s can’t help it. God forbid we lose to Arkansas. They’ll be back
Very happy to be back in the Sweet 16. It’s a huge monkey off Hurley’s back.

But we beat two teams that we were a lot more talented than like we should’ve. I’m happy Hurley did what he was suppose to here.

Next up Arkansas!

Reaction Score
Clingan
He is. We might have the second best big man too. Clingan is my player of the game. Great minutes in the first half when we were struggling and then he completely changed the game in the second half. They were getting rim runs and then Clingan shut everything down and we got out and ran and drained shots. St. Mary's was terrified near the basket after that.
Clingan is always player of the game. No one has more impact on the game than him in such limited minutes. He’s our MVP in my eyes.

But damn Adama……so happy for him

Reaction Score
Great win!
DH can coach. Period.
We got a contribution from everyone except Diarra, who only checked in for a cup of coffee. Clingan, Aleyne, and Joey off the bench again made KEY contributions in the 1st half and kept us in it until Hawkins warmed up. Speaking of which, can Hawkins run around doing nothing for 20 minutes before the tip so he’s ready for the game from the jump? Not for nuthin, because his 2nd half play is stellar, but man I’d like to see him hit those shots on the 1st half.

Sanogo… what can you say? That was a masterclass in low post play, SMU had zero response to him, their attempt at doubling him was kind of pathetic. I felt bad about the kid who went down (that was a back spasm, of which I am all too familiar with), but that’s life - next man in and sack up. Look at our women‘s team, ain’t nobody feeling sorry for them. On to Vegas, baby!

Reaction Score
He is. We might have the second best big man too. Clingan is my player of the game. Great minutes in the first half when we were struggling and then he completely changed the game in the second half. They were getting rim runs and then Clingan shut everything down and we got out and ran and drained shots. St. Mary's was terrified near the basket after that.
It was almost like Dan forced them into a “one of one” where game got faster. which provided opportunities for St Mary to go down middle… Once they had gassed themselves a bit, he puts Clingan in. That option was over.

St Mary’s had no plan B.

Go UConn!!!!

Reaction Score
Arkansas is in a good place. Sweet 16. Expected underdog. Already have the experience of playing arguably the best team in the country in Alabama a couple times. We saw what playing loose does for teams ( "hello Kansas State" ). No games are easy at this point. New unfamiliar location. UConn will need to continue to play well, and perhaps better.
The beauty of the sweet 16 is there aren’t any more underdogs. We can play without the onus of failure. Watch out!!!it’s going to get historic. We’ve blown out 2 teams we led by one point and trailed by 2. We haven’t even opened up yet. No Karaban. But he is playing cool. We ran the table once Ollie said we gonna win this game vs nova in 14 and rolled everyone. We are separating at an insane pace. And I don’t get how we aren’t said to smell blood in the water with how we took advantage of poor luck or poor play from our opponents and punished them for it. Who didn’t think hawk was going for 6 in a row and 20 until that 4th foul?

Reaction Score
Someone is going to see at least 3 major contributors returning(AJax, Karaban, Clingan) from a sweet 16 team(or better) alongside a top 5 MCDAA pg and see themselves as the missing piece.The portal should be fun
Tshiebwe ??? Maybe my fave player not on UConn he was fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Nice win and good to see the tourney monkey off their backs. Great defensive performance both halves and Sanogo was killing it.

Reaction Score
Very happy to be back in the Sweet 16. It’s a huge monkey off Hurley’s back.

But we beat two teams that we were a lot more talented than like we should’ve. I’m happy Hurley did what he was suppose to here.

Next up Arkansas!
Part of the reason why we’re so talented is that Hurley is an elite recruiter and program builder. So instead of saying “yeah he better win” you should be giving him a lot of credit for picking the players and winning with them

Reaction Score
Really nice scout by Luke.

You can see Dan get more confidence on the sideline. He is coaching his team rather than bickering with the refs. I thought Hassan should’ve gotten some more run, but our bigs have been truly special.

I have been as hard in Hurley as anyone, and I truly think he is growing as a coach right before our eyes.

No one will work harder than him over the next 5 days.

Our depth will really take as far as long as we continue to not foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom