St. Mary's Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

St. Mary's Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its a bad night for the Hurley can’t coach crowd. For all you whiners who whined after every single stumble this season. I want the praise to be just as loud as the criticism was. Go Huskies!! And THANK YOU DAN HURLEY!!! Sweet 16 Let’s Gooo!!!
No, you're right. The middle of the season never happened.

Reaction Score
Bill Murray Applause GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
Nice to see UCONN get to the sweet 16. The game changes when Clingan comes in both the first and 2nd half. He needs to play more as he impacts the game on both sides of the ball where Sanogo scores but then lets points in with bad d. What is up with Hawkins? Is he hurt? He barely has been driving the ball since the Marquette game. He had added this to his game before that. Great win and happy to be back in the sweet 16. Arkansas is going to be tough and Clingan can be a difference maker for sure in that game.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Really nice scout by Luke.

You can see Dan get more confidence on the sideline. He is coaching his team rather than bickering with the refs. I thought Hassan should’ve gotten some more run, but our bigs have been truly special.

I have been as hard in Hurley as anyone, and I truly think he is growing as a coach right before our eyes.

No one will work harder than him over the next 5 days.

Our depth will really take as far as long as we continue to not foul.

Hurley has settled intp Clingan backing up Sanogo, Diarra for Newton, Joey for Hawk and Alleyne for Jackson and Karaban (who plays 35 minutes if he's not in foul trouble) that's the rotation.

Reaction Score
Really nice scout by Luke.

You can see Dan get more confidence on the sideline. He is coaching his team rather than bickering with the refs. I thought Hassan should’ve gotten some more run, but our bigs have been truly special.

I have been as hard in Hurley as anyone, and I truly think he is growing as a coach right before our eyes.

No one will work harder than him over the next 5 days.

Our depth will really take as far as long as we continue to not foul.
Couldn’t agree more. He has been locked in and not getting overly distracted by bad calls. Really impressive growth and super obvious. I hope he keeps that up.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
big east has at least 2 teams in the sweet 16, not bad for a mid major
Three teams and none of the three won the regular season title or conference tournament. Somehow sweet 16 feels better than those two would have. We are relevant again which is where we belong.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Part of the reason why we’re so talented is that Hurley is an elite recruiter and program builder. So instead of saying “yeah he better win” you should be giving him a lot of credit for picking the players and winning with them
I’ve always said Dan Hurley is an elite recruiter. Never once questioned the talent we had. Said all off-season this team would be so much better than last year because it’s led by HIS recruits and not transfers.

Reaction Score
It was almost like Dan forced them into a “one of one” where game got faster. which provided opportunities for St Mary to go down middle… Once they had gassed themselves a bit, he puts Clingan in. That option was over.

St Mary’s had no plan B.

Go UConn!!!!

Yes, I do think part of the overall gameplan was for tight perimeter D to kill any offensive passing flow and to allow some amount of 1-on-1 penetration into the lane. The part that wasn’t executed well was letting them get downhill to the rim.

Clingan helped to shut that down with authority as the rim protector to get a run going. The last ~10 min even with Clingan out the strategy was executed MUCH better by everyone on the floor

Reaction Score
Arkansas is in a good place. Sweet 16. Expected underdog. Already have the experience of playing arguably the best team in the country in Alabama a couple times. We saw what playing loose does for teams ( "hello Kansas State" ). No games are easy at this point. New unfamiliar location. UConn will need to continue to play well, and perhaps better.
Put Andre Jackson on Davis. He's their Hawkins.

Reaction Score
The second half adjustment --Danny decided to shut down their three point scoring because they couldn't win a paint on paint battle with us. They scored a lot in the paint. But we still pulled away. And the only way for them to get back was the three point line which we never gave away.

It often looked bad especially when they were making lay up after lay up. But it would have been worse if they were nailing threes. Gotta give credit where credit is due. Hurley's strategy worked and worked very well.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

What? He was terrible in the first half. Putting him on the bench was what really got the offense going.

Sanogo is unguardable by any one guy. Hawk finally got going and Newton had a spectacular game. Huge scoring the ball, rebounding and being steady overall. Alex had that tough defender so didn’t expect much from him on offense. Good minutes from Clingan, Alleyne and Joey off the bench.

Reaction Score

Andre! He played two very good games. Love it!

Was in Atlantic City this weekend so could bet UConn player props. We were all over the Andre Pts+Reb+Ast and he smashed it vs Iona.

FanDuel offered no player props at all for the SMU game for Andre other than 3pt shots made. Chickens.

Attachments

• C45A5DFE-0C5B-40A8-BDA0-9FF51AC0B86B.jpeg
    C45A5DFE-0C5B-40A8-BDA0-9FF51AC0B86B.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 87
Reaction Score
What? He was terrible in the first half. Putting him on the bench was what really got the offense going.

Sanogo is unguardable by any one guy. Hawk finally got going and Newton had a spectacular game. Huge scoring the ball, rebounding and being steady overall. Alex had that tough defender so didn’t expect much from him on offense. Good minutes from Clingan, Alleyne and Joey off the bench.
He didn't score and took some bad 3's, but he still played 18 minutes in the 1st half and had 2 rebounds, 4 assists, 0 turnovers. It's also not a coincidence he played well in the 2nd half and the game got out of hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom