St. John's Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

St. John's Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
On the other hand, if she was dishing it out to the refs, more power to her. Refs deserve all the crap that is thrown their way. I say, "let her btch".
Well, in addition to interfering with the broadcast, you have other folks sitting around her that paid good $ to watch the game.

People these days seem - more and more - to not care there may be others around them - nope they just want to VENT.

One warning and then don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
A nice win for the good guys. One nitpick. We are not good at dribble drive defense. Johnnies are good at dribble drive but can't shoot beyond 8 feet. Can't we throw a zone at them late in the game? I swear we win by 20+ if we do.

Reaction Score
Refs mucked up most of the 2nd half with way too many foul calls. Killed any possible game flow.

I thought we had at least 5-6 good looks from 3 that somehow rattled out/didn’t go down. Meanwhile, SJU had some shots that had no business going in find the bottom. Would have been an absolute laugher of a game otherwise.

Donovan started off a little soft on D and especially O in 1st but eventually flipped the switch into Cling Kong mode.

Love that our bench seems to be finding its 2022 groove at the absolute right time.

Starters were all basically solid other than Alex. Was due for an off game, I guess. I don’t worry about him, he’ll be back on track next game.

I know Posh, Curbello, & Jones are shifty & can get to the lane, but the one beef I had was we let them do it with meh defense a bit too much. Especially in the 2nd half.
Totally agree David Jones just kept slicing through the defense for easy layups or fouls. Can't they call a timeout and have somebody guard the guy.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That was old fashion Big East Win - I’ll take it.

There were lots of posters claiming Joey C was too soft for the Big East - w r o n g

He just needed some more minutes and nice to see Hurley come around!

Now with than being said, I have criticized Jackson but the last 5 games he has been a big factor in our wins - glad to see him turn it around. I’m not longer concerned about too many minutes when he plays like this!
Glad Andre plays for DH and not JC!

Reaction Score
Love that our bench seems to be finding its 2022 groove at the absolute right time.
Yes. The bench and offensive rebounds were missing for a time. These two set this UConn team apart from all other teams.

Reaction Score
Can these announcers call every UConn game. Sometimes I think I’m too hard on Donny Marshall but then I hear announcers like we had today - nope :)

They were enthusiastic, knowledgeable and really tuned into the game.
Ian Eagle and Clark Kellogg have been doing games together for many, many years. Donny is still pretty new to this

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
OK, I'll admit it: I wanted 8 guys in double figures; double-doubles from Sanogo & Clingan; and a triple-double from Newton.

Alex's early 3-point attempts looked off going up, even though he was open. But who imagined 95 points with Diarra's DNP, and Alex scoring 2 points and notching 4 fouls?

Maybe Anderson said, "Stop the freshman with the beard, and make the rest of the team beat us."

We are showing that we can absorb hard play from teams that cannot beat us without it. And, like Calhoun-era Big East teams, we are capable of playing and winning OCC games that are called more tightly.

Reaction Score
We go as Andre goes and he was really good today. I rewatched the first St Johns game let’s just say he was not really good. The players look like they really like him and feed off his energy . DH has said he is a tremendous leader and he certainly looks like it

Reaction Score
Totally agree David Jones just kept slicing through the defense for easy layups or fouls. Can't they call a timeout and have somebody guard the guy.
Because they were empty stats. St John's was shooting 23% for the majority of the 2nd half and David Jones was 3/11. The whole time he was scoring the lead stayed in double digits

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Well let’s not get carried away…..
Well according to you JC would have benched him instead of working on new schemes and letting him develop.

My post was not about JC.

Reaction Score
Well according to you JC would have benched him instead of working on new schemes and letting him develop.

My post was not about JC.
I think this is a bit of a swing and miss.

Are you saying that players that JC benched for short periods never improved?

Well, he‘s got a couple of National Championships to prove otherwise.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Glad Andre plays for DH and not JC!
There was the rim attack that bounced in and got the foul. AJax turned back and jawed at the the Johnnie, but Adama moved in & pulled him away. The 'and-1' did not go in.

In yesterday's thread that recalled favorite images and moments from players & years past, somebody brought up a time when Rip spent too long in self-satisfied celebration (of a 3?), while his man went down court & scored. As reported, JC went ballistic on Rip.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what to call what St John's plays but I wouldn't call it basketball. At times it looks like team grappling, at other times it looks worse.

They do have a couple reasonably talented but flawed players (Alexander, Soriano) who as the fifth and sixth-seventh best players on a team would be pretty good. Also, Storrs could be something very good with the right development but if I were him I we wouldn't trust that place to develop ne, regardless of who is head coach next year.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I think this is a bit of a swing and miss.

Are you saying that players that JC benched for short periods never improved?

Well, he‘s got a couple of National Championships to prove otherwise.
No. I’m saying that thread you started and continued to assert about how JC would have handled Andre was ridiculous.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Can these announcers call every UConn game. Sometimes I think I’m too hard on Donny Marshall but then I hear announcers like we had today - nope :)

They were enthusiastic, knowledgeable and really tuned into the game.
Agree but these guys are paid much better! Its a Saturday nationally televised game. Ian Eagle does a lot of different sports. I think he is part of CBS football game play by play team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom