St. John's Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

St. John's Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
The game is largely one to forget about, mainly that ending with our inability to break the press. But I hope the staff gets one clip and plays it 1000x for the rest of the year…

Andre breaking the press, driving the lane, and passing up an oop to Clingan for an aggressive attack of the basket where he gets fouled. THAT is the Andre the team needs. Aggressive, attacking Andre. When he gets in the lane he is going to draw fouls, he’s so big and fast and has really great body control. If he can see that play over and over and drill it into his mind that he can do that, we are a different offense.

On the other hand, the boys are going to have a brutal practice tomorrow. 160+ points to St. John’s over two games is grounds for endless sprints
You don’t kill your team this time of year with tough practices

Reaction Score
At the 12 game mark beginning of the season it was said by talking sports heads that our bench would keep us in the top ten. Well we were but then we were not.
Not sure what you are saying, but if you trying to make this a “doomed” thing, it wasn’t.

Reaction Score
St. John’s was just mad all game that they’re not talented enough to hang with us, so they decided to turn it into a football game. Anderson seems to have no programmatic control and recruits a bunch of hot heads. One of the more unlikable teams in the league

Very iffy that Anderson will return.

Reaction Score
If we're getting good minutes from Alleyne and Calcaterra that adds a whole new dimension to this team. That type of shooting off the bench is huge. Difference between winning a few games and making a run in March
Agreed, it could make us scary.

I still think we're the best team in the country when everything is clicking but it all has to be clicking. I like that Hurley has been rolling with the bench longer these last couple games.

Just have to make it through that first weekend and then we can think about going further.

Reaction Score
Loved the offense today. Good to see Joey C look like himself with the big minutes he got today. Was huge off the bench. Alleyne continues to look how many expected.

Andre another great game in the scoring column without needing to put up 3s to do it and a couple of great strong takes to the rim. Got to love it.

This team really seems like they’re figuring it out at the right time. I hope when Diarra comes back Joey C can still be the PG off the bench and Diarra can play the 2. Joey is so good with the ball in his hands.
Andre did have a timely three late in second half. I counted st least 3 turnovers in 2nd half where UConn tried to throw lazy pass over defender. One by Andre and one by Alex which led to easy bucket throwing the ball in. Can’t let that happen

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
That was old fashion Big East Win - I’ll take it.

There were lots of posters claiming Joey C was too soft for the Big East - w r o n g

He just needed some more minutes and nice to see Hurley come around!

Now with than being said, I have criticized Jackson but the last 5 games he has been a big factor in our wins - glad to see him turn it around. I’m not longer concerned about too many minutes when he plays like this!
Joey C showed up big time on the big stage. We needed him with Diara being injured. Hope it is not that bad ab strains can take a long time to heal. Hate too see anyone get hurt but the silver lining is getting Joey some confidence before the post season starts. If JH is off we will need Joey C to hit some threes in the post season. Maybe the ankle was limiting JH today but he did get up on a few of those clocks.

Reaction Score
I love getting revenge. If only we got that one back against Xavier. Aside from St. Johns and Seton Hall, I don't feel that any of the losses were particularly bad losses at this point, though they certainly looked worse at the time.

Reaction Score
With 1 minute to play, I was surprised CBS showed BE standings with the game result included.
It was even worse than that. MSU was up 10 with 48 seconds left and LOST

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Why can’t we close games out?
I don't know about anybody else, but we went from 15 up to single digits in a minute and a half? Maybe exaggerating a little, but I was getting nervous. Seems like our boys slowed down.

Reaction Score
I don't know about anybody else, but we went from 15 up to single digits in a minute and a half? Maybe exaggerating a little, but I was getting nervous. Seems like our boys slowed down.
How about going from up 10 with 48 seconds left to a loss in OT because that exactly what happened to Izzo and MSU

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Andre did have a timely three late in second half. I counted st least 3 turnovers in 2nd half where UConn tried to throw lazy pass over defender. One by Andre and one by Alex which led to easy bucket throwing the ball in. Can’t let that happen
You did that just to troll @GameTime for post #62, right? Well-played.

Reaction Score
Big win. No need to nitpick this one. We got “the revenge tour” and Anaheim “The Dream” Alleyne from the announcers and a win from the Huskies.

The good- Continued reemergence of the bench , strong rebounding, solid play from many, and a great game from Jackson.

If we can tighten up the defense against the dribble drives, convert more bunnies / fast break opportunities, and close the game out better, look out. It’s all business now, do what you must to get the W. No reward for style points this time of year.

Great road win against a scrappy team!

Reaction Score
Can these announcers call every UConn game. Sometimes I think I’m too hard on Donny Marshall but then I hear announcers like we had today - nope :)

They were enthusiastic, knowledgeable and really tuned into the game.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom