St. John's Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

St. John's Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Win is a win and we did almost score 100. Still having issues with dribble penetration and we did almost allow St. John's 90 points. Not a great game but it is a win. Also love seeing the bench give us over 20 points. Clinigan also looked better after a bad stretch of games for his standards.
I meant over 30 points form the bench. Wow. LOL!

Reaction Score
Three adjustments recently are paying big dividends.
1) Jackson operating more on the baseline where his man has to cover him and when his man goes to double Sanogo, its easier for Sanogo to hit him for a dunk.
2) Alleyne has really helped our offense. He penetrates as well as any other guard ( going left especially) and he seems to hit Clingan better than anyone too.
3) Calcaterra brings more offensively than Diarra.
Diarra was big in our last few games. Just because he doesn't score he does penetrate and plays great d. Joey C finally had a good game but Diarra has been more consistent in big east play.

Reaction Score
Great crowd today. Lots of fun. I haven’t seen anyone mention the play in the second half when Newton was originally callled for his second T and would have been ejected. It happened at a time when SJU was getting every call. The refs reviewed the play and decided to only assess a T on the SJU player. After that play, the calls started to go our way. An incredible turn of events in which DH did his best to control his temper. It definitely worked in our favor. Great job DH!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I heard her yelling fir $2 beers
Better Off Dead Cash GIF by moodman

Reaction Score
Well they're just observations and this is a discussion board.
I will just answer once, the discussion about the game is great, was Donny there?

Reaction Score
I missed the game today because I was at the Arkansas-Alabama game as part of my operation 351 trips. I was following the score on my phone and we'll watch the game later. I have to say the Alabama looks really good and has be one of the favorites for the national championship. Brandon Miller was unstoppable, even though he didn't have a gun this time.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I haven’t seen much about the crowd. At least 50% UConn from various reports. Maybe 60%. Where else in college basketball does that happen?

Reaction Score
Great crowd today. Lots of fun. I haven’t seen anyone mention the play in the second half when Newton was originally callled for his second T and would have been ejected. It happened at a time when SJU was getting every call. The refs reviewed the play and decided to only assess a T on the SJU player. After that play, the calls started to go our way. An incredible turn of events in which DH did his best to control his temper. It definitely worked in our favor. Great job DH!
Yeah I was yelling about it also. The announcers were saying double technical and I'm screaming, "How the heck can you get a T for that?!" And then they said it was just a T on SJU. Did they actually call double technicals to begin with? Or were the announcers wrong? I wasn't sure.

Reaction Score
I missed the game today because I was at the Arkansas-Alabama game as part of my operation 351 trips. I was following the score on my phone and we'll watch the game later. I have to say the Alabama looks really good and has be one of the favorites for the national championship. Brandon Miller was unstoppable, even though he didn't have a gun this time.
Because they patted him down before the game. I guess they've been doing this all season. But to continue it? I don't think I've ever seen anything more tone deaf than this. Crazy.

Reaction Score
Because they patted him down before the game. I don't think I've ever seen anything more tone deaf than this. Crazy.

The crowd went nuts when he was introduced. Everyone's acting like nothing happened. I met Nate oats when I visited Buffalo a few years ago. He was very personable and was interested in my operation 351 trips.. I really like the guy but I've lost a lot of respect for him with this incident.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I haven’t seen much about the crowd. At least 50% UConn from various reports. Maybe 60%. Where else in college basketball does that happen?

I've been to dozens of UConn games at the Garden over the years and we always represent. But this felt like a siege. I don't know the name of the tune but their poor band played a diddy that our band plays at home games too. The UConn faithful took it over with the U (pause) C (pause) O (pause) NN!

Reaction Score
The ref that made the T call pointed at both players, so he was calling a double T. Then they looked at the replay and changed the call.

Reaction Score
The ref that made the T call pointed at both players, so he was calling a double T. Then they looked at the replay and changed the call.
I agree with call although you don’t often see a call corrected like that - good for them.

He was trying to instigate and rile up, and he got caught. While it was a borderline T, I agree with it as it was right in front of the ref and you roll dice as a player when you do stuff like this.

Reaction Score
Because they patted him down before the game. I guess they've been doing this all season. But to continue it? I don't think I've ever seen anything more tone deaf than this. Crazy.

Teams do this all season. I doubt they were even thinking about the connotation

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I love how people change their tune on the ‘yard from game to game. But but but but i thought Joey couldn’t produce against Big East teams? Yeah, you know who you are. Own it.

I get it, but after Wednesday and today, I've been seeing things differently. Literally.

If I'm scrolling bottom to top, I've been noticing really good posts that have been put up by people I've previously criticized, questioned, or disagreed with.

I'm also seeing many posts with lots of Likes, Loves, and Laughs that similarly demonstrate shared opinions thoughts, feelings among posters who have regularly criticized, questioned, disagreed, and/or bickered with each other.

Take note, Husky fans.

It's time to come together, and we are showing signs of doing just that.

Winning cures so much.
Let's keep at it.

One
Day
At
A
Time

Reaction Score
Anyone find a link to the post game press conferences - Hurley and/or players?

Reaction Score
Unfortunately couldn't watch live and CBS doesn't post full game replays on their site like Fox does

Anyone have a replay?

Reaction Score
Great crowd especially first half. Refs kept the Huskies crowd quiet 2nd half but still a good win.

11-18 off the bench is going to make them tough to beat as well as 5 blocked shots from DC. If Joey is back at all that’s huge. And Alleyne being the guy we expected is also critical to our depth so happy for him.

AJ solid again all over the place and much better on O closer to the rim and baseline. Hawk was good I guess, not hot but made big ones. Not great going to the hole or on D though needs to improve on both. Newton solid again, got robbed of a couple dimes with guys not finishing. Sanogo was tough all game, made critical and strong put backs. Tough game for Alex partially because of a couple phantom calls again but he was due.

Only complaint is they don’t score as much and if we throw some zone at them. Sorry this game was perfect for some zone they can’t shoot the ball, close the middle up and stop them from getting clean one on one lanes. And again taking the air out of the ball too early keep attacking, we get very few good shots last 3 minutes when we do that.

Ultimately a win is a win, keep’em coming!

Reaction Score
Good win by the Huskies and the referees were fine.

UConn would be in the market for a 2 seed if it had not lost to St. Johns at the XL.
If we beat DePaul and Villanova and then win the Big East Tournament along with several higher ranked teams losing we are definitely a two seed and would have a shot at a one. Maybe I am dreaming but I am the guy that said that we just might end the season just like we started - with a 14 game winning streak. Check out what that gets us!

Reaction Score
Can these announcers call every UConn game. Sometimes I think I’m too hard on Donny Marshall but then I hear announcers like we had today - nope :)

They were enthusiastic, knowledgeable and really tuned into the game.
to be fair, ian eagle might literally be the best play-by-play guy in all of american sports. we are lucky whenever he calls one of our games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom