St. John's Post Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

St. John's Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
If we beat DePaul and Villanova and then win the Big East Tournament along with several higher ranked teams losing we are definitely a two seed and would have a shot at a one. Maybe I am dreaming but I am the guy that said that we just might end the season just like we started - with a 14 game winning streak. Check out what that gets us!

@Villanova is going to be a bear.

Reaction Score
Because they were empty stats. St John's was shooting 23% for the majority of the 2nd half and David Jones was 3/11. The whole time he was scoring the lead stayed in double digits
He went to the foul line quite a bit and made his foul shots 3 for 11 does not tell the whole story.

Reaction Score
Just watched a replay. SJU did enough to make it interesting but they never really threatened for the entire second half. A+ to the crowd, that was clearly a home game for UConn

Hawk took 18 shots but he will always have the green light. Amazing chase down block too

Adama had a “quiet” 18 today. He still gets his even we aren’t force feeding him, great to see.

Another great game for Andre, playing within himself and even nailed a rhythm three pointer. He was having fun out there

JOEY CALIFORNIA! Amazing game. When he’s hitting his shots, our offense looks great

Clingan had 5 blocks in what, 2-3 minutes? He still doesn’t have much touch around the hoop but an off-season of work will do wonders for his offense

Not great shooting from AK, but they were all open looks that he won’t keep missing for long

AJ Storr looks really good. He’s someone I’d love to have on UConn’s team

I used to like Curbelo but not anymore. Even the announcers were saying that he was being emotional and complaining about things that there was no reason to complain about

Had to fast forward most of the second half because it was just a bunch of free throws, but we hit 79% of ours

Reaction Score
Ian Eagle and Clark Kellogg have been doing games together for many, many years. Donny is still pretty new to this
If Donny did two things he’d make a huge leap as a color announcer. 1. Talk less. Don’t need to fill up every second of dead air space. 2. First and foremost, talk about what’s going on in the game, on the court. Colorful stories are fine as filler during timeouts. Stick to the game during the game.

Reaction Score
I love how people change their tune on the ‘yard from game to game. But but but but i thought Joey couldn’t produce against Big East teams? Yeah, you know who you are. Own it.
Interesting decision to come and dunk on yourself. This is the point people were trying to make towards you

8B928DFA-53EF-4EA4-B248-9286263304B2.jpeg

Reaction Score
He went to the foul line quite a bit and made his foul shots 3 for 11 does not tell the whole story.
And yet St John's never got close, seems like a fine strategy

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Another good one in the tank - I love the overall changeup in strategy & lineups. Alleyn & Calc had great ones, heck I didn't realize just how good Joey's was until I checked the box score.

Andre was great too but I wish he'd tone down his miracle leaps into his teammates, that's two games in a row he went for an impossible block and landed pretty hard on another Husky.

And wow, the speed that Hawkins fires those 3s is impressive. There is just no delay or hesitation.

Reaction Score
There was such a noticeable difference in intensity at MSG this year versus last. I'd never go so far as to say it felt like a tuneup for the BE (and NCAA) tournament but I do think it bodes well that they got in a game there in that type of environment with less than two weeks prior to the tournament.

Reaction Score
Random thought - so is Samson Johnson done for the year?

Couldn’t find 1 second of playing time in a mostly blowout win at home against St Johns, when Karaban couldn’t buy a bucket. Is he getting the Richie Springs treatment?

Reaction Score
Congrats, both you and @BarkingDog!!

I actually just got accepted to UConn law last week.

Undergrad already completed in Storrs, class of ‘17. Now to decide if I want 3 more years in Hartford. I’m sure the kids will love it if they decide to attend!!

Fwiw my wife teaches a class every spring at UConn law. If you're on the fence about going there are a TON of part-time students that go in the evening. You could try a couple of the intro classes (torts, contracts, whatever) before enrolling full-time.

Reaction Score
Interesting decision to come and dunk on yourself. This is the point people were trying to make towards you

View attachment 84441
Now show the entire comment and the comment from giddyup. You weren’t defending Joey at all with that post and you know it. You’re holier than thou act is really difficult to take.

2D60FD81-B33A-4E50-8377-371C235F6F88.jpeg

Reaction Score
Teams do this all season. I doubt they were even thinking about the connotation
Isn't that the definition of tone deaf?

What would be a cheeky, innocuous act for a player on a different team is instead, here, a tone-deaf bit of cosplay for any player on Alabama.

Reaction Score
Yep, the Big East is just different. The league makes you battle tested but it also hurts some teams who can only play that physical way. NCAA tournament time and they don't let you mug everyone like they do in the league. Those Pitt teams under Howland and Dixon were always hurt by it and UConn teams were often better for it because they could win ugly and pretty. This team has shown it can blow teams out playing pretty in non-conference play and now they're showing they can blow teams out playing ugly in conference play.

If we play to our identity and guys keep playing to their strengths this team can do special things.
Exactly this. This 100% sums up the BE. It’s also the reason why UConn, Xavier, Marquette and Creighton will go the furthest in the tournament…they have more finesse and offensive firepower. I’d actually put Marquette 4th out of these 4, but all of these teams are battle tested.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom