St. John's Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

St. John's Post Game Thread

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There was the rim attack that bounced in and got the foul. AJax turned back and jawed at the the Johnnie, but Adama moved in & pulled him away. The 'and-1' did not go in.

In yesterday's thread that recalled favorite images and moments from players & years past, somebody brought up a time when Rip spent too long in self-satisfied celebration (of a 3?), while his man went down court & scored. As reported, JC went ballistic on Rip.
It’s Andre’s personality for better or worse. Kids testosterone level has to be off the charts. Great job by Adama! He’s solid and under appreciated.

Reaction Score
It's big that Alleyne is balling now, it's also big that Joey has got it going again.

Should've won by 20 but St. John's is an incredibly annoying team that mucks it up. Game was never in doubt but still need to keep the foot on the gas for the full 40.

Nova at Wells Fargo will be huge, would be a real confidence boost heading into the Garden.
It’s hard to believe such an accomplished college player and shooter as alleyne has been looked so bad for such a long stretch. He looks tremendous for his role now

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I started watching multiple things in the last minute or so, but boy I guess I missed some of the action!

View attachment 84415

ESPN‘s boxscore was haywire all afternoon.

They kept randomly handing Newton technical fouls. I think he had 17 of them.

Reaction Score
Not sure what you are saying, but if you trying to make this a “doomed” thing, it wasn’t.
No! Absolutely not saying doomed at all. What I implied but did not say it in detail is that it is no surprise that this team came back now in the end of the season and that is because we have a good bench. Our bench was recognized as deep back then and it was evidenced and on display today. Do you agree?

Reaction Score
That’s cool. They lost.

Adama Sanogo again shows why he is the rock. 18 points on 5-9 shooting and 8-10 from the free throw line. He also had 9 rebounds. He completely outplayed Soriano.

Andre also played a great game getting 15 points on 5-6, most of it at the rim but also that big three that must have made him feel so good to see that get down.

And when role players step up, like Joey going 3-4 from deep and clingan with five blocks, we are hard to beat.

Reaction Score
Everyone loves California sunshine!
Finally Joe came out of slump.

But gosh, this team can match up with any team in the country if they keep playing like that of late.

Jordan Hawkins is a stud.

Ajax put up 2 good games in a row!

Last but not the least, our bench is out of this world!

Reaction Score
No. I’m saying that thread you started and continued to assert about how JC would have handled Andre was ridiculous.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we can disagree on this one.

Andre at his low point was one of the reasons we had 7 losses and I didn’t agree how it was handled. I made it clear in that thread in which many tried to make it a “trash Andre” thread - which is was not - that I was rooting for him to turn it around.

We took some L’s I wish we had not but I am glad to see Hurley smarten up on Joey C. and Andre tighten up his game as well.

Reaction Score
Agree but these guys are paid much better! Its a Saturday nationally televised game. Ian Eagle does a lot of different sports. I think he is part of CBS football game play by play team.
If I am Donny, stay a bit more positive and in tune with the game. Don’t worry about being a homer for UConn and springing theories you have all game - just call it and stay in the spirit of the game.

Today‘s announcers really kept interest high in a game that was never all that close.

Reaction Score
A couple of times during game today when Andre was doing crazy Andre kind of things-dunks-blocks-hustle plays.. Clark K was speechless.. He was seeing some stuff he hasn't seen in awhile.. Ultimate compliment to Andre..He was having fun today..

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Good win by the Huskies and the referees were fine.

UConn would be in the market for a 2 seed if it had not lost to St. Johns at the XL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom