St. John's Grad Transfer - Darien Williams Considering UConn > Landed @ Nevada | Page 4 | The Boneyard

St. John's Grad Transfer - Darien Williams Considering UConn > Landed @ Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Seriously, I can't believe what I'm reading. Who comes here wasting their own time, posting on a fan board for a team they don't like? That just sounds like work.

I will just chalk it up to simpleton thinking, absolutely insufferable poster.

Saying something like "people were on Ollie for not rescinding Gilbert's NLI after his shoulder injury last August" is nonsense for the sake of gaining support to your already reach of a premise.

Where? Where the hell has anyone ever said such a lunatic statement? Stairmaster makes up reasons in his head to get himself riled up then unleashes a torrent of condescension and hubris in a single post that will make your eyes roll back into your skull.

Oh yeah. Nobody, and I mean nobody, blamed Ollie for recruiting a player with a pre-existing injury that didn't exist until after he had signed after the 2nd dislocation occurred. Nobody said Ollie shouldn't have brought aboard damaged goods...

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Oh yeah. Nobody, and I mean nobody, blamed Ollie for recruiting a player with a pre-existing injury that didn't exist until after he had signed after the 2nd dislocation occurred. Nobody said Ollie shouldn't have brought aboard damaged goods...
Let's see the links your since you're offering. This individual deserves to be shamed publicly.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not too excited to go from Durham and Enoch to Cobb and Williams. I'm fine with one of them but let's try to find a center with a semblance of an offensive game or at least playing closer to 30 minutes per game. I would rather have the Kanter brother than these reaches.
Me too. But to wait for Kanter and lose on Williams and Kantor is too big a risk imo from what I observed in Cobb's game. One year band aid with Williams. Easy to recruit over Cobb year after that.

Time will let us know how this plays out but I'm not in the camp that believes Cobb And Williams is an upgrade over what we lost.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
On one hand, we are worried about KO's performance. On the other hand, KO is JC's choice, has won a NC, and loves UConn. Can we hold 2 opposing ideas in mind at the same time? Hell, no!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You keep saying this. What... What does pre-JC days have anything at all to do with this current offseason's predicament. Seriously I expect an answer. I'm waiting for this fabled wormhole connection between 1985 and 2017.
I don't spoonfeed people who see things through a monocle - hows that for fabled wormhole

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Let's see the links your since you're offering. This individual deserves to be shamed publicly.

Okay, I did some research. I owe you an apology on one front - nobody did explicitly say that Ollie should've cut ties with him. I was wrong and I shouldn't have passed off something I misremembered as factual.

However, I do have these quotes of people blaming Ollie for purposely recruiting a chronically injured player, implying it's something they think he shouldn't have done.

Vance is Transferring
Vance is Transferring
Vance is Transferring

Alterique shoulder
Alterique shoulder

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Okay, I did some research. I owe you an apology on one front - nobody did explicitly say that Ollie should've cut ties with him. I was wrong and I shouldn't have passed off something I misremembered as factual.

However, I do have these quotes of people blaming Ollie for purposely recruiting a chronically injured player, implying it's something they think he shouldn't have done.

Vance is Transferring
Vance is Transferring
Vance is Transferring

Alterique shoulder
Alterique shoulder
I knew no one would say something like that because its too outrageous to even get by anyone's filter. There is a big difference between criticizing Ollie for targetting the chronically injured vs demanding he rescind an 18 year old's scholarship for getting injured. So yes there are idiots, they arent as dumb as you paint them to be in your arguments, but there are idiots nonetheless.

Reaction Score
Mau, I'll be the first to admit I don't have any inside information. I just seems to me that SE looked to be the full time starter at center for the next 2 years and JD was a possible starter or at least going to get decent minutes at the 4/5 and they both decide to take a year off? I just think KO knows he has to produce soon and he doesn't think he can with those two. Very risky move by KO and it may eventually doom him but it's my guess that he initiated. BTW, the idea of them leaving on their own OR KO asking them to leave make no sense to me. Tough year when the season and the post season are so dang confusing. I'd love to get the real skinny on the situation.

Okay but I am sure he saw their upside, but is it possible they didn't listen or work hard enough in practice? I mean like you Q i'd love to know the skinny but we just don't know and we can't assume. Maybe one of the insiders will eventually get the know, until then we're in the dark.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I don't spoonfeed people who see things through a monocle - hows that for fabled wormhole
LMAO, yea thats exactly what I thought.

Notice how I stated that "Seriously I expect an answer", because I know its all emotional, I-was-here-longer-than-you old man curmudgeon b****ing.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Seriously, I can't believe what I'm reading. Who comes here wasting their own time, posting on a fan board for a team they don't like? That just sounds like work.

I will just chalk it up to simpleton thinking, absolutely insufferable poster.

Saying something like "people were on Ollie for not rescinding Gilbert's NLI after his shoulder injury last August" is nonsense for the sake of gaining support to your already reach of a premise.

Where? Where the hell has anyone ever said such a lunatic statement? Stairmaster makes up reasons in his head to get himself riled up then unleashes a torrent of condescension and hubris in a single post that will make your eyes roll back into your skull.
It was said.

One of the bash brothers actually made a serious post that stated winning a NC was nice but.... as he continued in bashing KO. An NC is "nice". Half the time I think people write stuff in fits of anger and don't realize how stupid stuff sounds.

I support @Stairmaster in all this. He's going toe to toe with more than a dozen of you pretty much by himself! If anything I want KO to find players like Stair and not like whusses who need to find fellow weaklings for support.

This forum should be an example of what type of players we want. JC toughness. If you want to dish it out be able to handle it.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
It was said.

One of the bash brothers actually made a serious post that stated winning a NC was nice but.... as he continued in bashing KO. An NC is "nice". Half the time I think people write stuff in fits of anger and don't realize how stupid stuff sounds.

I support @Stairmaster in all this. He's going toe to toe with more than a dozen of you pretty much by himself! If anything I want KO to find players like Stair and not like whusses who need to find fellow weaklings for support.

This forum should be an example of what type of players we want. JC toughness. If you want to dish it out be able to handle it.
"Okay, I did some research. I owe you an apology on one front - nobody did explicitly say that Ollie should've cut ties with him. I was wrong and I shouldn't have passed off something I misremembered as factual. " literally four posts above yours.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Craig Heyward 2.0?

I've never seen this kid...

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Okay but I am sure he saw their upside, but is it possible they didn't listen or work hard enough in practice? I mean like you Q i'd love to know the skinny but we just don't know and we can't assume. Maybe one of the insiders will eventually get the know, until then we're in the dark.
Agreed. I threw it out there on a couple of threads and I'll leave it alone now.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
The problem with this argument is that people here are confusing sheer stupidity for malice. The very notion that there's some sort of group of covert UConn haters astroturfing this website regularly with the hopes that this team loses games is absolutely preposterous. One of the reasons it annoys me so much when it gets repeatedly brought up, conveniently during the programs down periods, is that it supports the silly notion that if you don't see it my way, then you must be a hater troll that probably isn't even a UConn fan.

Maybe, just maybe there actually were one or two of these trolls posting just to use misery to create a reaction, JSM would fit this category. But to say the issue is systemic is basically turning a blind eye to the simple fact that when there's bad news, people's posting, especially during the offseason, will reflect that. Add in the important detail that lately with UConn it's been bad news after bad news that when considered in the context that the program was already on a major downswing during a post-title era that should conceivably be successful given Ollie and the program's resume on paper and weak competition, yet it isn't the case, it's only been moving in the opposite direction.

Times are tough, and people are dumb, it's really as simple as that, there's nothing more to it, there's no need for the childish Cold War era spy accusations.

Reaction Score
We need interior defense and rebounding, offensive is helpful but not crucial in a five in today's game. We won a national championship with Phil Nolan as our center. If williams can rebound n play better defense then the 3 departing amigoes. Then get him. Our offense will be adams, larrier, gilbert n vital. Our bigs r unproven but the numbers favor that one out of 5 will be a decent player. Most of them can rebound and r hungry

Reaction Score
The problem with this argument is that people here are confusing sheer stupidity for malice. The very notion that there's some sort of group of covert UConn haters astroturfing this website regularly with the hopes that this team loses games is absolutely preposterous. One of the reasons it annoys me so much when it gets repeatedly brought up, conveniently during the programs down periods, is that it supports the silly notion that if you don't see it my way, then you must be a hater troll that probably isn't even a UConn fan.

Maybe, just maybe there actually were one or two of these trolls posting just to use misery to create a reaction, JSM would fit this category. But to say the issue is systemic is basically turning a blind eye to the simple fact that when there's bad news, people's posting, especially during the offseason, will reflect that. Add in the important detail that lately with UConn it's been bad news after bad news that when considered in the context that the program was already on a major downswing during a post-title era that should conceivably be successful given Ollie and the program's resume on paper and weak competition, yet it isn't the case, it's only been moving in the opposite direction.

Times are tough, and people are dumb, it's really as simple as that, there's nothing more to it, there's no need for the childish Cold War era spy accusations.

I agree with you and I can empathize with the frustration from @Stairmaster but he should not be cherry picking comments from posters like UCweConn and RJScootin to paint a picture about KO criticism. There are a lot of people who are pessimistic, and rightfully so, and then a small group of people who are flat-out dumb. The two groups should not become entwined.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We are losing two Top 50 big men and are potentially replacing them with a guy who averaged 3 and 3 for a crappy St. John's team.

We're not really though. I don't care where they were ranked coming out of high school, Enoch ain't a top 150 guy. They looked at his size and soft touch and thought -> Top 50! He's just not.

Durham could wind up justifying his ranking. I don't have a great feel for how he'll pan out. Obviously has skills.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
We need some bodies in the paint. I'd strongly consider taking this kid.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We've had an awful year, we've seen apparent starters and our top recruit walk away and now we have gaping roster holes and our Plan A's to fill those holes are apparently going elsewhere.

If you took the name UConn off of this hootenanny, there isn't a single person here who would be complimentary of the head coach's efforts or optimistic for the team's prospects in the upcoming season.

The machine is bleeding to death.

Reaction Score
We're not really though. I don't care where they were ranked coming out of high school, Enoch ain't a top 150 guy. They looked at his size and soft touch and thought -> Top 50! He's just not.

Durham could wind up justifying his ranking. I don't have a great feel for how he'll pan out. Obviously has skills.

I think Enoch shot up in the rankings after holding his own at Pangos versus Zimmerman. He is projectable but was way more of a project than thought. Which shouldn't have been a surprise considering he wasn't even very good at Norwalk. Some guys look the look but something has to be said about actually playing basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom