St. John's Grad Transfer - Darien Williams Considering UConn > Landed @ Nevada | Page 6 | The Boneyard

St. John's Grad Transfer - Darien Williams Considering UConn > Landed @ Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You guys expect way too much from transfers. Hope they have one developed skill that we can use against better teams. We have enough scoring guards to be good. We need bodies that can rebound and make layups along with one guy who can hit spot up threes consistently. You aren't getting lottery picks or even NBA guys as transfers.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I hate to be that guy, but where the hell is news on this guy? Not a peep out of anyone.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
More than likely KO is now taking the JC approach when talking to potential recruits in that he's promising them nothing. They have to prove themselves to earn playing time. I know it hurts us now and could impact the upcoming season but I'm all for it. It will separate the wheat from the chaff.

And for me knowing this it elevates AA to AAA status. That is the kid is coming to UConn with no illusions he is getting playing time over JA, AG, CV without proving himself and still he chose UConn with all the options out there. These are the players that give us the chance to return to greatness. Let's just hope there are others and hope KO, if he's lost his passion, regains it.

Reaction Score
More than likely KO is now taking the JC approach when talking to potential recruits in that he's promising them nothing. They have to prove themselves to earn playing time. I know it hurts us now and could impact the upcoming season but I'm all for it. It will separate the wheat from the chaff.

And for me knowing this it elevates AA to AAA status. That is the kid is coming to UConn with no illusions he is getting playing time over JA, AG, CV without proving himself and still he chose UConn with all the options out there. These are the players that give us the chance to return to greatness. Let's just hope there are others and hope KO, if he's lost his passion, regains it.
Agreed but I don't know if he has time to be separating the wheat from the chaff. He needs players to fill out the roster and give him and the program of fighting shot next year.

Reaction Score
He probably wants to start and play major minutes, which he wouldn't here.
Who do we have slotted to start and play major minutes in the post? I'm not upset about missing on this one, but the minutes and starting spot is up from grabs from all I've seen.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Agreed but I don't know if he has time to be separating the wheat from the chaff. He needs players to fill out the roster and give him and the program of fighting shot next year.
It's a conundrum. Selling kids and then not delivering is a guaranteed disaster as we observed this year. So we have to hope that in taking this approach Antoine is not the only kid who values the challenge.

pj

Reaction Score
I wanted this guy, and I don't see why you can't say, you have to earn your minutes, but look who you're competing against - a 290 lb guy who may struggle to play more than 15 minutes, and a low-rated freshman. Minutes are there.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Who's in his way? I mean if we lose guys to likes of Nevada...christ.
Only player currently is Josh Carlton. But open slots may be filled with players competing for position.

Reaction Score
Or people are genuinely concerned that a dude with his ability won't even come here.
Or ppl find anything they can to be concerned about, because they are pessimistic in nature

Reaction Score
Ppl didnt want this guy, now they are complaining about him not coming. The boneyard in a nutshell
In the past we would have gone apes#*t over going after a transfer with his numbers, now we may not even be able to lock down this type of player. Come on, you have to realize the current mess we are in. The coaches have to figure this thing out yesterday.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
In the past we would have gone apes#*t over going after a transfer with his numbers, now we may not even be able to lock down this type of player. Come on, you have to realize the current mess we are in. The coaches have to figure this thing out yesterday.
It's a process.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'm really not even as mad as most about all the recent misses despite being in desperation mode.

The truth is if you understand how this sport works you'd have known the 2017 season was effectively moot once the MAL decommit was official. At that point in time there was really no conceivable way we could replace what was lost of equal or greater quality.

Reaction Score
I agree we are in a messy situation at the moment. But williams not coming here means absolutely ZERO to me. Idek why there is still a thread on him

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm missing something, but did he say we're out? I interpreted that as he's now considering 2 other schools as well

Reaction Score
I agree we are in a messy situation at the moment. But williams not coming here means absolutely ZERO to me. Idek why there is still a thread on him
Because we don't have enough players and everyone else seems to be passing on the chance to play for UConn?

Reaction Score
Because we don't have enough players and everyone else seems to be passing on the chance to play for UConn?
Who is everyone else? Blake Harris? Thats the only guy we've openly been on that went elsewhere. Anderson committed. Diarra and this kid havent committed anywhere yet.

EDIT: And Cam Johnson my apologies

Reactions: pj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member