St. John's Grad Transfer - Darien Williams Considering UConn > Landed @ Nevada | Page 3 | The Boneyard

St. John's Grad Transfer - Darien Williams Considering UConn > Landed @ Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't care about that, it's suggesting we actively root against UConn. That's preposterous and immature from someone who tries to act holier than holy on a message board.
It shows he and others aren't at all serious about a discussion. It's holier than though, pat yourself on the back nonsense.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not too excited to go from Durham and Enoch to Cobb and Williams. I'm fine with one of them but let's try to find a center with a semblance of an offensive game or at least playing closer to 30 minutes per game. I would rather have the Kanter brother than these reaches.
and pray tell, which one of Enoch or Durham is/was going to give you 30 minutes??

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
People do this all the time!!!! And you still call them out and label them a hater. Any post that has even the slightest degree of negativity, you see as unwarranted bashing.
This post is 100% BS - you have absolutely zero idea what you are talking about if you believe it
There are many who have no memory before the golden JC days and can't understand why UConn is struggling at this time - it's so easy to blame the coach - and guess what? KO would just shrug it off but some people have some insight and history of being longterm UConn fans and it upsets some of us with the constant bashing of those who do it ad nausea

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I agree we need all the bodies we can get this point, so I'm not against signing him. But I was hoping KO would have a little better plan than this.

We are losing two Top 50 big men and are potentially replacing them with a guy who averaged 3 and 3 for a crappy St. John's team.

There is a pretty big gap between 5 star big man and this guy.
SE averaged 3.4 and 2.3 and was not a Top 50 guy. JD averaged 1.6 and 1.5 and was a Top 50 guy. And by CT standards played for a crappy UConn team. Many people saw big upside for both but KO did not. This guy may be more of a banger and the 5 spot gets filled by committee. I'd rather see a guy get in foul trouble during an act of commission than watch SE get in foul trouble by an act of omission.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
if he can stay on the floor, get 6-8 rebounds, move his feet/run the floor, pass, and finish the bunnies fine... it's one year and with it being this late in the season theres not many left out there... hoping we get waters

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
and pray tell, which one of Enoch or Durham is/was going to give you 30 minutes??
I would say they durham and enoch have tremendous upside if their heads were in it. the other two are TBD but if theyre committed and do what needs to be done for the team fine by me... they can be a bridge for now

Reaction Score
This post is 100% BS - you have absolutely zero idea what you are talking about if you believe it
There are many who have no memory before the golden JC days and can't understand why UConn is struggling at this time - it's so easy to blame the coach - and guess what? KO would just shrug it off but some people have some insight and history of being longterm UConn fans and it upsets some of us with the constant bashing of those who do it ad nausea

Go look at his post history and them tell me how I'm wrong. I'm not saying there aren't crazy posters on here that deserve to be called out. But he calls out pretty much every single post that has even the slightest negativity in it.

A lot of people making the criticisms have insight and long term history as well. Not sure what that has to do with any of this.

There are plenty of outrageous claims on here. And KO gets blamed for a lot of stuff. But there is also a lot to criticize. Are you paying attention to the current state of the program?

It may be easy to blame the coach, and that's because he is in charge! And he actually has a lot of control over what people are being critical of.
This isn't a CEO of a global corporation getting blamed for something that happens at a local production factory. KO has quite a bit of control over player development, player retention, in game performance, etc.

Reaction Score
SE averaged 3.4 and 2.3 and was not a Top 50 guy. JD averaged 1.6 and 1.5 and was a Top 50 guy. And by CT standards played for a crappy UConn team. Many people saw big upside for both but KO did not. This guy may be more of a banger and the 5 spot gets filled by committee. I'd rather see a guy get in foul trouble during an act of commission than watch SE get in foul trouble by an act of omission.

Where did you hear that KO didn't see upside in Steve and Juwan, like to know?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Go look at his post history and them tell me how I'm wrong. I'm not saying there aren't crazy posters on here that deserve to be called out. But he calls out pretty much every single post that has even the slightest negativity in it.

A lot of people making the criticisms have insight and long term history as well. Not sure what that has to do with any of this.

There are plenty of outrageous claims on here. And KO gets blamed for a lot of stuff. But there is also a lot to criticize. Are you paying attention to the current state of the program?

It may be easy to blame the coach, and that's because he is in charge! And he actually has a lot of control over what people are being critical of.
This isn't a CEO of a global corporation getting blamed for something that happens at a local production factory. KO has quite a bit of control over player development, player retention, in game performance, etc.

Sorry but I basically disagree with you
If you don't understand what I mean about the history then I can't help you - sorry
I'm dropping it now- no sense beating it up any longer
You feel your way about Stair and I just don't see it
If you feel KO could control so many of the things that have happened - so be it

Reaction Score
Sorry but I basically disagree with you
If you don't understand what I mean about the history then I can't help you - sorry
I'm dropping it now- no sense beating it up any longer
You feel your way about Stair and I just don't see it
If you feel KO could control so many of the things that have happened - so be it

And I respect your opinion to feel that way.

This is how more disagreements should end on this board.

Quickly and amicably. Without dragging the thread into 18 pages of nonesense.

C

Chief00

We lost top 50 guys but did they live up to their rankings?

I don't think we'll get or even need a top big man if we're going to be a three guard / stretch four team.

You always need good Bigs.

C

Chief00

The board deserves a counterweight to the constant lunacy you and your crew post. People who don't think KO should be fired are "snowflakes" in a "ladies club"...KO forgot how to coach because of his divorce...KO is killing the program by being too harsh and critical of players when it's board gospel that one of the main components of JC's success was giving players tough love...

It would be a lot easier to criticize KO on his merits if people stuck to actual things he's done and has control over. I've seen so much ridiculous crap on this board lately I have no intention of giving you the benefit of the doubt. People are pissed at him for not rescinding Gilbert's NLI after the first shoulder injury last April. They also think that the template message the AAC sent out welcoming WSU which the intern who runs the MBB Twitter account plastered over a picture of KO was actually a Bob Diaco-like rant. I can't reason with you people. It's not my fault that you were so emotionally unequipped to handle last season that you shovel the blame for all problems, real, and imaginary, at his feet.

As I told the OZman - this dude makes $3 million a year - to win games.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Where did you hear that KO didn't see upside in Steve and Juwan, like to know?
Mau, I'll be the first to admit I don't have any inside information. I just seems to me that SE looked to be the full time starter at center for the next 2 years and JD was a possible starter or at least going to get decent minutes at the 4/5 and they both decide to take a year off? I just think KO knows he has to produce soon and he doesn't think he can with those two. Very risky move by KO and it may eventually doom him but it's my guess that he initiated. BTW, the idea of them leaving on their own OR KO asking them to leave make no sense to me. Tough year when the season and the post season are so dang confusing. I'd love to get the real skinny on the situation.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
It is kind of who we are.The extremes get the most attention and we ignore the sane people. Boneyard, politics,everything. I support KO but realize there are reasons to have doubts. But like Stair, I am appalled at some of the posters throwing over-the-top shade on a true blue Husky.

Reaction Score
Mau, I'll be the first to admit I don't have any inside information. I just seems to me that SE looked to be the full time starter at center for the next 2 years and JD was a possible starter or at least going to get decent minutes at the 4/5 and they both decide to take a year off? I just think KO knows he has to produce soon and he doesn't think he can with those two. Very risky move by KO and it may eventually doom him but it's my guess that he initiated. BTW, the idea of them leaving on their own OR KO asking them to leave make no sense to me. Tough year when the season and the post season are so dang confusing. I'd love to get the real skinny on the situation.

This is all based on the unproven (and in my opinion, highly unlikely) assumption that KO forced them both out.

Given the fact that there appears to be no back up plan, I don't think you should keep making that assumption.

Reaction Score
Together with Cobb may bring us some of the toughness, underneath that Ollie is looking for.[/QUOTE]

Is that an actual box out? Forgot what one looks like[/QUOTE]

IMG_0578.JPG
View attachment 21605 [

Here's another good shot playing bada$$ D

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Everyone wants KO to succeed and for UConn to be great. Grow up, Stainmaster.
Seriously, I can't believe what I'm reading. Who comes here wasting their own time, posting on a fan board for a team they don't like? That just sounds like work.

I will just chalk it up to simpleton thinking, absolutely insufferable poster.

Saying something like "people were on Ollie for not rescinding Gilbert's NLI after his shoulder injury last August" is nonsense for the sake of gaining support to your already reach of a premise.

Where? Where the hell has anyone ever said such a lunatic statement? Stairmaster makes up reasons in his head to get himself riled up then unleashes a torrent of condescension and hubris in a single post that will make your eyes roll back into your skull.

Last edited:

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
You keep saying this. What... What does pre-JC days have anything at all to do with this current offseason's predicament. Seriously I expect an answer. I'm waiting for this fabled wormhole connection between 1985 and 2017.

Reaction Score
Before you guys accuse others of being apologists, realize that lots of totally inconsistent statements are being made to make Ollie look bad. For instance, mere minutes before this thread on the St. John's kid was posted, someone wrote this to me in regard to my statement that there are slim pickings out here now in April:

"@upstater nobody was expecting Chillious to re-stock the roster with five star talent, but as it stands now we're struggling to put enough bodies together to field a team. It's absolutely fair - and reasonable, I think - to expect him to find guys in the grad market that can play at this level. Even at this stage in the game, it's not selling water in the desert to get somebody to buy in on the idea of playing with a championship caliber back court in a competitive conference. If we can't get guys from Green Bay or UMass to come here with tons of minutes available, there is a real problem."

And one of the posters here blaming us for being apologists then agreed with the statement by writing:

"Well said, don't understand why this is so hard to understand for some on the board."

The same person came here to this thread and called this kid's possible commitment "Sad."

So what in the world are we to assume other than people have it out for Ollie no matter what? Either Ollie takes a transfer from UMass or Green Bay or East Bumfudge, or it's sad that Ollie is taking one from St. John's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom