St. John’s next on Wednesday | The Boneyard

St. John’s next on Wednesday

Reaction Score
What do you think, will Azzi get some playing time? How about Caroline? I think Aubrey will be playing. St. John’s only has one loss and is playing at home.

Reaction Score
This is week 6 of no Azzi, and they said 3-6 weeks, so this is her time to return!

Reaction Score
Why start out another panic when you have NO idea the status of any of the injured except Paige and Ice.

Quite possible they can return: Azzi, Aaliyah, Ayanna, & Caroline... this would be 10 available players.
They AD said they were considering post poning it yesterday.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
What do you think, will Azzi get some playing time? How about Caroline? I think Aubrey will be playing. St. John’s only has one loss and is playing at home.
Conndog, not to be sarcastic or disrespectful, but this is not a question any of us can answer. None of us (in the peanut gallery) know anything. Geno/UConn are proteting their players and are not telling us much of anything with respect to individual injuries. Most of the player injury information we get is from Twitter or beat writers. I'm going to keep it 100. I'm only speaking for myself. I don't expect any likes for this comment.

I know Azzi is coming back, when, I have no idea. I don't concern myself about her return. I don't anticipate Azzi coming back on any particular date (game), regardless of what dates or time frames were given at the time of her initial medical examination after her injury.

Those dates are "educated guesses or approximations." You can't hold her or Geno to those dates or time frames. She'll be back when we see her back on the floor IN A GAME. Until then, I'll only be concerned (and excited) about the players ON THE FLOOR. THEY are the players that can/will help us win a game. :)

One more thing...............I'm the unofficial seer in the boneyard. I don't have any assistants or associates. ;) Admittedly there are a number of posters that regularly do better that I do in prognosticating the final score and MOV of our games which is does not shine a favorable light on my credibility. :( Be patient my friend, Azzi should return soon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It would be great to see Azzi, AE, AP and CD all back on the court sometime next week.......at this point I'd be thrilled with two out of the four......getting Geno back coaching after a nice rest would sure be nice too........:)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
SJU is having a great season and is 13-1 - their only loss coming to Seton Hall. They do have a very good win over Creighton.

Having said that, SJU followed the "Kim Mulkey kitchen of cupcakes" scheduling model this season. Monmouth, Stony Brook, St Francis, Memphis, UTSA, Temple, Iona, Wagner, Bethune... Good grief. BUT... that schedule, combined with the win over Creighton, got them into the top 25.

No idea who will be available. Obviously the more the merrier. And if @Carnac cannot foresee when any of these kids will be back, then none of us can! ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
SJU is having a great season and is 13-1 - their only loss coming to Seton Hall. They do have a very good win over Creighton.

Having said that, SJU followed the "Kim Mulkey kitchen of cupcakes" scheduling model this season. Monmouth, Stony Brook, St Francis, Memphis, UTSA, Temple, Iona, Wagner, Bethune... Good grief. BUT... that schedule, combined with the win over Creighton, got them into the top 25.

No idea who will be available. Obviously the more the merrier. And if @Carnac cannot foresee when any of these kids will be back, then none of us can! ;)
Mulkey and LSU is currently 15-0. I know some of us like to question her OCC scheduling practices, but as I repeatedly and continuously say, Kim knows what she's doing. LSU is currently ranked #7, has been projected to get a top seed in the NACCT, and is currently (as I write this) handing Kentucky their butt 53-27 at the end of 3. That game is AT Kentucky.

Her M.O. may not work for everyone, but it worked for her at Baylor, and it's working for her now. It's a good bet that she (a lioness) is not concerned with the opinions of fans (sheep), not even her own. So.......there. :oops: How many other D1 WCBB coaches would like to be 15-0 at this point in the season? We ALL know the answer to THAT question. :) UConn Nation would like to be 15-0 right now. That would mean wins over Maryland and @ Notre Dame.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mulkey and LSU is currently 15-0. I know some of us like to question her OCC scheduling practices, but as I repeatedly and continuously say, Kim knows what she's doing. LSU is currently ranked #7, has been projected to get a top seed in the NACCT, and is currently (as I write this) handing Kentucky their butt 53-27 at the end of 3. That game is AT Kentucky.

Her M.O. may not work for everyone, but it worked for her at Baylor, and it's working for her now. It's a good bet that she is not concerned with the opinions of fans, not even her own. So.......there. :oops: How many other D1 WCBB coaches would like to be 15-0 at this point in the season? We ALL know the answer to THAT question. :) UConn Nation would like to be 15-0 right now. That would mean wins over Maryland and @ Notre Dame.
Yea but UConn wouldn’t have played Notre Dame or Maryland using Kim’s scheduling. They’d be 15-0 without wins over Texas, NC State, Duke, Princeton, Florida State and a few others. And they wouldn’t have games against USC or Tennesse coming up. I think all UConn fans would rather have a couple of loses with this schedule than undefeated against LSUs.

Reaction Score
Just stop it. You do not possess that knowledge.
Am I the only one the Read the AD talking yesterday about posting poning the St Johns game yesterdays? He didn’t say it was for sure but it’s certainly on the table. I’m not sure how much healing people can do in just five days- it seems likely it will get postponed no?

sun

Reaction Score
Am I the only one the Read the AD talking yesterday about posting poning the St Johns game yesterdays? He didn’t say it was for sure but it’s certainly on the table. I’m not sure how much healing people can do in just five days- it seems likely it will get postponed no?
Especially if UConn doesn't want to wait until the last minute to postpone it.
The game is scheduled for UBS Arena which has a capacity of over 17,000 for NHL games.
It's the home of the NY Islanders.

Reaction Score
Especially if UConn doesn't want to wait until the last minute to postpone it.
The game is scheduled for UBS Arena which has a capacity of over 17,000 for NHL games.
It's the home of the NY Islanders.
And it is more than likely that a makeup game will be held on the St John's campus because the UBS arena is probably booked like a year or so in advance

Reaction Score
we Will be only ranked Big East team with Creighton losing to Providence and St Johns losing to Seton hall by 21 this week… I thought the Big East would be stronger

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
we Will be only ranked Big East team with Creighton losing to Providence and St Johns losing to Seton hall by 21 this week… I thought the Big East would be stronger
Per Massey

FEA430AA-20AF-4F1C-A0AE-16CBFEA7592A.jpeg

sun

Reaction Score
The UConn AD said that in order to play, UConn needs to have 7 players who are healthy enough to play 30 minutes each.
He said that Azzi or another player coming off of concussion protocol wouldn't be expected to play 30 minutes their first game back from injury.
UConn needs 7 healthy players that can play without limits before they can play another game.

Reaction Score
It would appear from what you posted Nan that Acc and Big Ten teams will benefit greatly from league play.

Reaction Score
guess this means either tenn or sc game will get cancelled. Idk how they'll decide that, I assume they'd want to keep SC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom