OT: - Sports toys/games from your younger days. (Pics encouraged) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Sports toys/games from your younger days. (Pics encouraged)

Reaction Score
I forgot to mention Key Cars. I remember one Christmas when I had opened all my toys. I was already happy with what I got, but then my mom took me to our wood stove and there were 3 little packages around the bottom of the stove, which was a few feet up on a cement block. She said they must have fallen out of Santa's bag, but were meant for me. They were 3 Key Cars.

One year, I also got this yellow wood construction set thing. You pumped it up with a handle which spun two saws, a puncturing device and sander that were all surrounded by clear safety hard plastic. You could build stuff out of popsicle sticks and thin pieces of balsa wood.

Reaction Score
For wannabe sluggers in small backyards.

1950's I think it started out.

Could play it anywhere. One on one or 3 on 3 didn’t matter. Bat righty or lefty be any major leaguer you wanted to be. HRs, triples or doubles off a certain part of a fence, house, roof, bushes didn’t matter it traveled to parks or family get togethers. The best!

Reaction Score
One toy that I really really wanted but never got was the Planet of the Apes battle wagon playset.

s-l1600.jpg

Reaction Score
not a toy ,but when I was a kid the day the new marvel comics came out was the biggest day of the month .
Spiderman , Daredevil , Avengers were all great .

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
IMG_2081.jpeg

160-1 Electronic project kit when I was 9. Still have it. Best “ toy” ever.
I used to mess with that thing 14 hours a day and it shaped my life. 3 days after the XMAS I received it I hijacked the AM radio my parents listened to Bob Steele on before work every morning and broadcast myself.
It’s stuck with me through life, from giving me the knowledge framework to build my own guitar effects and rewire my guitars, to setting me up for understanding hardware computer components early in the game which led to my career.

Yeah, I was, and am, an egghead.

Reaction Score
View attachment 102143

160-1 Electronic project kit when I was 9. Still have it. Best “ toy” ever.
I used to mess with that thing 14 hours a day and it shaped my life. 3 days after the XMAS I received it I hijacked the AM radio my parents listened to Bob Steele on before work every morning and broadcast myself.
It’s stuck with me through life, from giving me the knowledge framework to build my own guitar effects and rewire my guitars, to setting me up for understanding hardware computer components early in the game which led to my career.

Yeah, I was, and am, an egghead.
I got a modern version of this for my son a couple years ago. It entertains me more than him, but he is still a bit young for it. Hoping he grows into it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom