OT: - Sports toys/games from your younger days. (Pics encouraged) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Sports toys/games from your younger days. (Pics encouraged)

Reaction Score
The films he recorded have been used to make four videos:

Alone in the Wilderness
Alaska, Silence and Solitude
The Frozen North
Alone in the Wilderness part II
Was able to find the first one on Vimeo. Lmk if u find others online. Not interested in buying a CD to watch once. Thx

Have a friend that built his cabin in NC by hand. But as he said it wasn’t just me and we had power saws and drills

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Problem is not sure I even have a dvd player anymore
I still have one, but haven't used it in a decade and have no idea where the remote is. But, I kept an old, slow Lenovo that's useless for doing anything productive, except watching a DVD if I need to.

Reaction Score
So no Batman toys? Hmmm?

Batman was a puzsy compared with Superman, Green Lantern and Thor. Captain America could probably beat his @ss.

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Was able to find the first one on Vimeo. Lmk if u find others online. Not interested in buying a CD to watch once. Thx

Have a friend that built his cabin in NC by hand. But as he said it wasn’t just me and we had power saws and drills

I just watched a couple related videos on YouTube.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I still have one, but haven't used it in a decade and have no idea where the remote is. But, I kept an old, slow Lenovo that's useless for doing anything productive, except watching a DVD if I need to.
I bought a VHS DVD combo player when I could see the writing on the wall that they were getting obsolete. I thought that if the kids were sick or something it gave me a way to entertain them in their rooms. Now, I pretty much hang onto it for old UConn VHS. Surprisingly, if you put things on a decent TV it scales up enough to be watchable. It's probably been over over a decade, though, since I fired it up.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

I have easily 100s of DVDs and have watched each multiple times. Many yearly in my class when I was teaching, and the rest are tv series like Northern Exposure, Justified, etc.

Now that I'm retired, my ability to watch any of them depends on four things: can I find the dvd; is the dvd in the right case; can I find the hdmi cable to connect the dvd player to the tv, and most importantly, can I find the right remote.

I really wish thumb drives replaced DVDs. Thumb drives can now hold hours of movies and/or tv shows.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have easily 100s of DVDs and have watched each multiple times. Many yearly in my class when I was teaching, and the rest are tv series like Northern Exposure, Justified, etc.

Now that I'm retired, my ability to watch any of them depends on four things: can I find the dvd; is the dvd in the right case; can I find the hdmi cable to connect the dvd player to the tv, and most importantly, can I find the right remote.

I really wish thumb drives replaced DVDs. Thumb drives can now hold hours of movies and/or tv shows.
Streaming replaced DVDs. You can get access to practically everything and don't need to worry if the DVD was put back in the right case.

For what it's worth, for whatever reason, I started to binge Northern Exposure. I'm only a few episodes in, but it holds up really well. I'm enjoying watching it again. I had forgotten what a good show that was.

Reaction Score
Going through my parents attic is always a trip. Aside from those absolutely useless 3rd grade report cards and baby clothes in case my 38 year old unmarried brother somehow decides to have a baby, is a treasure trove of my old sports toys.
They don't make em like they used to, and in some cases that's a blessing.

I feel some of you have some gems up your sleeve. @GemParty (I'm looking at you)

Attach a picture of your favorites, if you can. You can swipe a Pic off the internet if you don't still own the thing.

While you're thinking here's SuperJock ready to drain a corner three in your face. Enjoy
Thanks for suggesting this. Looks like the more dangerous the toy, the older we are. I miss that time.

Reaction Score
Anybody ever had one of these? We’d load up on acorns and have wars between the rival neighborhoods.
1720207692735.jpeg
1720207692735.jpeg

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Streaming replaced DVDs. You can get access to practically everything and don't need to worry if the DVD was put back in the right case.

For what it's worth, for whatever reason, I started to binge Northern Exposure. I'm only a few episodes in, but it holds up really well. I'm enjoying watching it again. I had forgotten what a good show that was.

True, but to find what you want to watch at any given time, you'd have to subscribe to many streaming services. And the DVDs we've been talking about (Dick Proenoke stuff) can't be found on any streaming service.

And ... as a doomsday prepper, I'm not counting on internet access at the end of days. I have my food, water, self defense, and energy needs covered. But I need to be entertained. Is it too much to ask to have all UConn games copied to a few thumb drives?

Reaction Score
True, but to find what you want to watch at any given time, you'd have to subscribe to many streaming services. And the DVDs we've been talking about (Dick Proenoke stuff) can't be found on any streaming service.

And ... as a doomsday prepper, I'm not counting on internet access at the end of days. I have my food, water, self defense, and energy needs covered. But I need to be entertained. Is it too much to ask to have all UConn games copied to a few thumb drives?

I think you can rip DVD's and put them on a thumb drive, then insert the thumb drive into your smart TV. I'm certain you should be able to watch your movies this way. I have watched movies this way

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Lost track of how many hours were spent during my childhood playing this high quality game. 3-pointers galore, before they were a thing. The warped court was the clincher.

View attachment 102186
That game actually worked a little bit. Most of those kind of things were dogs. Did anyone actually ever play a full game of "electric football"?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
But at UConn, I was the undefeated Table Hockey Champion, with the sliding metal men. I much preferred the men who turned by metal gears over the springs, which never turned evenly. I learned how to position all five players and the Goalie. Drove everybody crazy trying to be me.

1720421325844.jpeg

temery

What?
Reaction Score
But at UConn, I was the undefeated Table Hockey Champion, with the sliding metal men. I much preferred the men who turned by metal gears over the springs, which never turned evenly. I learned how to position all five players and the Goalie. Drove everybody crazy trying to be me.

View attachment 102230

I swore winning was pure chance - no skill involved. But the same people kept winning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom