OT: - Sports toys/games from your younger days. (Pics encouraged) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Sports toys/games from your younger days. (Pics encouraged)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
x100 for the bow and arrow sets we all got as kids. Banning Jarts was comicly stupid.
Spoken like a man who never had a Jart stuck in his head. The difference being that someone isn't standing right next to the target in archery.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Spoken like a man who never had a Jart stuck in his head. The difference being that someone isn't standing right next to the target in archery.

Did you ever actually see anyone standing next to a Jarts target?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Some great throwbacks in this thread. Spent countless hours playing pool on one these.

Great threads too @Jaydumo20

bnwmh11qwc151.jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
ok. You're right. The transition from BB gun to pellet gun was the end of the fun. CO2 came in about the same time as pellet guns.

We always had a "DMZ" buffer zone to prevent serious injury.
If you "prevented serious injury" how did you know when the fight was over? It literally went on until someone got hurt.

Good times!

Puparoni

Woof!
Reaction Score
Gas plane on a tether. Saved up for it by selling Christmas Cards door-to-door as advertised in my “Boys Life“ subscription. (a magazine from cub scouts) Was a bear to control, and started a boyhood obsession with anything with an internal combustion engine. Amazing that we survived.

View attachment 102088
My first memory of model airplanes was this style. I was about eight years old. My brother-in-law bought one and we went to a local schoolyard. Figured the basketball court was a good spot. Never thought to measure the tether length. The plane hit the metal pole on the first lap and disintegrated.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I had one of these Estes rockets. It didn't last very long. Kids also made tennis ball cannons out of cans using lighter fluid

I was a few years too young to do much of the tennis ball and lighter fluid cannon. Kids in neighborhood definitely did it but I'm pretty sure I was mostly used to fetch the tennis balls to reload. I think if I was actively doing it I'd have better memories of it.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Cap pistol...preferably with a holster. Practice your fast draw as on TV westerns...the other person being a bad guy of
some sort. Both of you had the moral obligation that if your cap pistol didn't "go off"[a little puff sound] first it meant
that he had won the draw and you were supposed to drop to the ground...near death and with much agony as possible.
The little roll of caps you put in your pistol had maybe 6 shots.
At least in my neighbor hood having double holsters and 2 cap pistols was somehow beyond appropriate and too
farcical for those of us who in fact were deadly but righteous gunslingers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom