Spanos out | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Spanos out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Your enmity in post 139 insinuates it’s the fan base that is the problem. That post was your attempt to spike the football around here on fellow fans. You should instead look to spike the ball on the administration- they have the power and you clearly have the knowledge.

Please- put it on record now- who and what sucks about the current football staff. Tempted to say everyone, right?
If I wasn't clear enough the program stinks because they've made horrendous coaching hire after coaching hire. They stick too long with a terrible coach and then hire another terrible coach. I seriously hope Mora is the right guy but we'll have to wait and see. This Spanos situation doesn't give me a ton of confidence. I like the other things he's said and done but that's a big foul up.

Posters here obviously have nothing to do with who the school hires but I don't understand why so many posters were Diaco and Edsall disciples when they were clearly burning the program to the ground. It was the same thing with Ollie, I had practically the whole board against me because I was telling people we had to move on from Ollie if we want to save the program. This Spanos thing is clearly a bad look and we have posters going after the messenger not believing him/her and posters saying UConn football just has terrible luck.

As to your question, I hated the Spanos hire. He isn't good and I wanted everyone gone from the previous regime. I like Mora and how he's handled himself so far but that's a bit of a flashing red light for me.

Reaction Score
No I didn't.. I know when I'm wrong... I always point it out... but you come in here and now you're a judge???? bro... You just got started here.. Earn your stripes.... Don't give me that crap when you can't even voice an opinion of your own then, one day, you too can accept constructive criticism... You haven't earned the right to judge here.... Earn it!

Agreed. As a famed head ball coach at the state u once remarked, it’s earned not given! He could use a bit of Randy in his life probably

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You guys know they were going to call it personal reasons no matter what the real reason, right? Spanos is fine. It didn’t work out.
And leave of absence, rather than fired with a three month buyout.

Reaction Score
“I’ve never been a 27-point underdog in my life, and I’m not real happy about it.”

A day or so later after this quote, Spanos abruptly has a LOA. Interesting timing to me. Possibly a reach, but events suggest maybe Mora doesn’t have faith in defensive approach heading into the opener against a formidable offense.

Glad to have a coach who isn’t interested in sleepwalking through the season.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
“I’ve never been a 27-point underdog in my life, and I’m not real happy about it.”

A day or so later after this quote, Spanos abruptly has a LOA. Interesting timing to me. Possibly a reach, but events suggest maybe Mora doesn’t have faith in defensive approach heading into the opener against a formidable offense.

Glad to have a coach who isn’t interested in sleepwalking through the season.

If Mora gets any more upset he may name a starting QB before game time.

Reaction Score
What I find odd is that Spanos is in season trailer just released. Clearly the video guy was not in the loop.

Reaction Score
If I wasn't clear enough the program stinks because they've made horrendous coaching hire after coaching hire. They stick too long with a terrible coach and then hire another terrible coach. I seriously hope Mora is the right guy but we'll have to wait and see. This Spanos situation doesn't give me a ton of confidence. I like the other things he's said and done but that's a big foul up.

Posters here obviously have nothing to do with who the school hires but I don't understand why so many posters were Diaco and Edsall disciples when they were clearly burning the program to the ground. It was the same thing with Ollie, I had practically the whole board against me because I was telling people we had to move on from Ollie if we want to save the program. This Spanos thing is clearly a bad look and we have posters going after the messenger not believing him/her and posters saying UConn football just has terrible luck.

As to your question, I hated the Spanos hire. He isn't good and I wanted everyone gone from the previous regime. I like Mora and how he's handled himself so far but that's a bit of a flashing red light for me.
Ollie won a national championship

Reaction Score

So I was never enthused about the PP, Disco, or RE2.0 hires. And I was not initially enthused about JM (incurring the wrath of Pudge), but in the preseason he has impressed me -- leaving aside the fact that the rubber is really about to hit the road and will account for a lot more.

But I am just a bit curious. How do you know that Spanos is bad? Do you have some data that say that? Yes, we know the statistics, but he had one quality DT and one quality LB last year and the D was always on the field. That may be a slight exaggeration but you get the point. And a program where a lot of the better players posted out. Are you close enough to the program to have observed bad coaching?

Reaction Score
I think people are worried that our new head coach made a bad hire at defensive coordinator and the guy he hired is gone right before the season is starting. That's not something which should engender a lot of faith that things are about to really turn around.
The red flag I would have is if we learned the head coach decided to keep Spanos on just because the season was about to start - even if it was to the detriment of the team.
That’s not the case here.

Reaction Score
Rick Neuheisel reported that Mora will take DC duties and find someone to call plays.

Quite the deal by Dave Benedict. Mora as Head Coach and DC for the price of one. Though, I believe Spanos may get paid during his LOA.

Reaction Score
What am I wrong about?
Your thesis that if more Boneyard posters were negative things would have gone better. It's one of the dumbest, most ridiculous ideas anyone has ever thought of in this forum, but keep pounding your chest....if only more posters were like you.... what a crock of shiite.

Reaction Score
Maybe listen to the guy who broke the story and was mocked for it over a press release put out by the school.
That would be easy coming from someone that had three posts on this forum in five years and a link to a source. The PR from the school came after many commented here. The trolls here are often and this very much had that footprint. A thumbs up to the OP with such uncanny hard to understand breaking news. A source or reason for not divulging one would have saved a lot of keyboard clatter.
Odds were better than even that the OP was a troll... Turns out he wasn't.
Way better in my mind, that's one reason I don't gamble.
I never liked this hire. When you clean house you get rid off all coaches. Uconn has done a terrible job hiring coaches and it keeps on happening. It has set our sports programs back years ! And the money it has cost us !
The money and the once decent fan base to say the least.
In a weird way, perhaps our offense is effected more than our defense is with Mora having to spend more time on the defensive side of things.
Did last Saturdays scrimmage defense domination of the offense become something? I'm all for seeing what Charlton can do at this level and don't think Mora has to micro manage both sides of the ball. Young men and it will be interesting to see how this shakes out with them.
Obviously the soap opera of our D1 football journey continues. As The Pointy Ball Bounces ........ Stay tuned...

Reaction Score
Your thesis that if more Boneyard posters were negative things would have gone better. It's one of the dumbest, most ridiculous ideas anyone has ever thought of in this forum.
You're doing it again...

Reaction Score
Is Mora bringing someone in as DC? Here is one very good candidate: Coaching veteran and Super Bowl Champion TJ Rushing. He is Texas A&M 's defensive backs coach. Two years in a similar role at Memphis.

Rushing, a member of the Super Bowl XLI Champion Indianapolis Colts, has had coaching stops at Memphis, Stanford, Arizona State and Northern Arizona.

Reaction Score
What did people think of Anthony Poindexter when he was at UConn. Isn't he at Penn State now?

Reaction Score
So I was never enthused about the PP, Disco, or RE2.0 hires. And I was not initially enthused about JM (incurring the wrath of Pudge), but in the preseason he has impressed me -- leaving aside the fact that the rubber is really about to hit the road and will account for a lot more.

But I am just a bit curious. How do you know that Spanos is bad? Do you have some data that say that? Yes, we know the statistics, but he had one quality DT and one quality LB last year and the D was always on the field. That may be a slight exaggeration but you get the point. And a program where a lot of the better players posted out. Are you close enough to the program to have observed bad coaching?
I thought the Diaco hire was good. ... My name is Huskyblooz. And I was wrong. ... Young guy from NJ. Broyles Award winner. Lots of enthusiasm. I was pumped. ...... until the Navy game. When I realized he was a MORON! And I was duped!

Reaction Score
You have no class! And no idea what he may be dealing with! Players speak highly of him
Players also spoke highly of Diaco... doesn’t change the face they’re both terrible coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom