Spanos out | The Boneyard

Spanos out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yikes. Didn't really understand why, based on results, he was brought back. Obviously, there is his relationship with Mora and the players. To me that wasn't a good reason.

Reaction Score
Clearly this is ahead of reports. We’ll find out soon enough if we aren’t a total clown show.
I've been checking the beat writers, nothing yet. So (2 posts in 5 years ) insider with team info ? This should be a better story this morning than the QB news if true.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If this is true it would have to be due to some personal situation that Spanos would need time off to attend to. I see no way that there would be a falling out between he and JM and I also see no way that he would resist implementing the defense that JM wants to run.

I'df this is something personal (family), then somehow the OP (who almost never posts) is close enough to Spanos that he would get information that very few would receive.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Reaction Score
If this is true it would have to be due to some personal situation that Spanos would need time off to attend to. I see no way that there would be a falling out between he and JM and I also see no way that he would resist implementing the defense that JM wants to run.

I'df this is something personal (family), then somehow the OP (who almost never posts) is close enough to Spanos that he would get information that very few would receive.

I'll believe it when I see it.
It was clear Spanos was not the #1 choice for the role, heck might not have even been top 3-5. So I do think it's extremely possible him and JM aren't vibing.

With that said, not going to jump to conclusions off of one post...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It was clear Spanos was not the #1 choice for the role, heck might not have even been top 3-5. So I do think it's extremely possible him and JM aren't vibing.

With that said, not going to jump to conclusions off of one post...
Not sure why you believe this but I don't think you are correct. Spanos played a large role in Mora ending up here and the primary season for the delay in his announcement as DC was due to the red tape within the state's rules on retaining someone at a lesser position than the one he held.

If Spanos was able to play good soldier under Edsall I imagine he can under Mora.

Reaction Score
Not sure why you believe this but I don't think you are correct. Spanos played a large role in Mora ending up here and the primary season for the delay in his announcement as DC was due to the red tape within the state's rules on retaining someone at a lesser position than the one he held.

If Spanos was able to play good soldier under Edsall I imagine he can under Mora.
I think that Mora was able to approach AD David Benedict first about the job because Mora and Spanos are long time friends and talked about the possibilities, likely long before RE 2.0 ended. I also don’t think their relationship could have deteriorated that fast.

I hadn’t heard the delay in naming Spanos was due to read tape. I just assumed Mora was going young and none of his prospective candidates worked out so he asked his buddy to come back. Can you elaborate? Is it conjecture on your part or is their a source?

Reaction Score

If anyone can play good soldier under Edsall the sky's the limit, I will give you that. However, I definitely recall them interviewing other DC candidates but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom