Spanos out | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Spanos out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lou Spanos 3 month leave of absence! Defensive staff and Lou could not get on the same page. Tough to find a coordinator less than 2 weeks before the season !
If anyone can play good soldier under Edsall the sky's the limit, I will give you that. However, I definitely recall them interviewing other DC candidates but I could be wrong.
I never liked this hire. When you clean house you get rid off all coaches. Uconn has done a terrible job hiring coaches and it keeps on happening. It has set our sports programs back years ! And the money it has cost us !

Reaction Score
Are you kidding me? People on here were jumping for joy saying “this is great for continuity”.
It is not untypical for a college head coach to keep one guy from the former staff for continuity. That Mora and Spanos had history made it a logical choice. I know the UNC coach kept someone from his predecessor’s staff last year, for example.

It is also possible that Spanos did leave for personal reasons. We will see.
I hear Paul Pasqualoni would love to come back to UConn!

Reaction Score
It is not untypical for a college head coach to keep one guy from the former staff for continuity. That Mora and Spanos had history made it a logical choice. I know the UNC coach kept someone from his predecessor’s staff last year, for example.

It is also possible that Spanos did leave for personal reasons. We will see.
I hear Paul Pasqualoni would love to come back to UConn!

And I’m sure that staff member UNC kept didn’t guy a teams defense to 125th in the nation either. Fact is Lou is a terrible DC and this is the best for UConn moving forward.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
could not care less. as long as it's not the head coach, who strikes me as a fine choice, then it just feels like more housekeeping as day one approaches.
hopefully, it's not becuz loose panels isn't feeling well. if he isn't feeling well, then get well soon mr panels.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There is nothing wrong with posters supporting coach Mora's original pick to be our DC. Mora got it wrong not the posters throwing support behind his decision.
It is really tough for a head coach, even an interim head coach, to remain on the staff as a coordinator. Given the relationship between Jim Mora and Spanos, I thought there was a possibility for it to work, but apparently that was not the case. We may never know the specifics that caused this change so close to the start of the season. Although I have some educated guesses that I won’t talk about on the board.

Reaction Score
If this isn't truly a family emergency then Mora just went on the clock. You can't hold onto a DC for this long and then cut them lose two weeks before the start of the season. You had to recognize and address the issue much sooner than that. I sure hope I'm wrong on this.......but man!

Reaction Score
There is nothing wrong with posters supporting coach Mora's original pick to be our DC. Mora got it wrong not the posters throwing support behind and defending his decision.

His “original pick” that’s great. Once again Spanos wasn’t even in the top 3 for choices. Mora had to settle for Spanos

Reaction Score
Are people really concerned that Mora might have to take on more responsibilities on the defensive side of the ball?
He was defensive coordinator of the 49ers for god sakes. If head coaches can do offensive play calling then they can probably do OK running the defense as well. Or do a partial running of the defense while others step up.
Timing sucks but let’s not act like this is going to be a death blow to our defense. It could be a blessing

Reaction Score
There is nothing wrong with posters supporting coach Mora's original pick to be our DC. Mora got it wrong not the posters throwing support behind his decision.
The decision was wrong, a lot of posters cheerleaded the decision to hire PP, Diaco, and Edsall 2.0 and it's why UConn is the dregs of college football. A lot of posters supported Diaco and Edsall 2.0 when it was clear as day they took a flamethrower to the program. A lot of people will continue to support terrible decisions. These same people tend to ask why UConn football is so awful and blame it on bad luck.

Reaction Score
Are we really freaking out that Mora might have to take on more responsibilities on the defensive side of the ball?
He was defensive coordinator of the 49ers for god sakes. If head coaches can do offensive play calling then they can probably do OK running the defense as well. Or do a partial running of the defense while others step up.
Timing sucks but let’s not act like this is going to be a death blow to our defense.
I think people are worried that our new head coach made a bad hire at defensive coordinator and the guy he hired is gone right before the season is starting. That's not something which should engender a lot of faith that things are about to really turn around.

Reaction Score
A lot of posters supported Diaco and Edsall 2.0 when it was clear as day they took a flamethrower to the program. A lot of people will continue to support terrible decisions. These same people tend to ask why UConn football is so awful and blame it on bad luck.

Good God you are so wrong.

You think the Boneyard hired any of these people? One thing has been made very clear with all of our football hires and that is the people making these decisions pay no attention to the Boneyard. We have very long threads discussing who should be hired and we (the boneyard) have never picked the eventual winner beforehand, we haven't even been close.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The decision was wrong, a lot of posters cheerleaded the decision to hire PP, Diaco, and Edsall 2.0 and it's why UConn is the dregs of college football. A lot of posters supported Diaco and Edsall 2.0 when it was clear as day they took a flamethrower to the program. A lot of people will continue to support terrible decisions. These same people tend to ask why UConn football is so awful and blame it on bad luck.
Yes exactly, what's wrong with the program are the fans. They are stupid imbeciles that slurp up the dog food put out by the University. The same University that seems to be rather successful in other sports - but yet is dumber than a bag of hammers with respect to football. What the fans should have been doing this entire time was booing the crap out of anything and everything that pertains to this program since 2011. Especially at the games, give them hell - let them know your are angry for all 60 minutes.

Until you all can figure it out, please everyone disconnect from the internet for a year. You are the problem. You.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

You think the Boneyard hired any of these people? One thing has been made very clear with all of our football hires and that is the people making these decisions pay no attention to the Boneyard. We have very long threads discussing who should be hired and we (the boneyard) have never picked the eventual winner beforehand, we haven't even been close.

This may surprise some - but the Boneyard has zero involvement in personnel decisions at the University. None.

Reaction Score
In a weird way, perhaps our offense is effected more than our defense is with Mora having to spend more time on the defensive side of things.

Reaction Score

What am I wrong about?

Where did I say the fans pick the coaches?

A lot of posters cheerleaded Diaco and Edsall when they were taking a dump on the program. That's what I said. This board has a history of celebrating bad decisions and terrible football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom