Spanos out | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Spanos out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This may surprise some - but the Boneyard has zero involvement in personnel decisions at the University. None.
Are you posting under two different handles?

Reaction Score
Did any of the post practice meetings posted on the Yard with the press include Spanos? I never saw him and that worried me, saw a lot of Mora and Charlton, but no Lou. Unless I missed a couple. That said, I hope this rumor is a false one.
Nah, I haven’t seen any conferences with Lou, either. I didn’t think much of it before, but seems conspicuous now.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
For our sake I hope Lou needed time for personal reasons that couldn’t be predicted by Mora before giving him the job.

But if this is all football related, it’s a horrible start for Mora, and his doubters will be emboldened before he coaches his first game.

Reaction Score
If spanos was really a plan d than it was not a smart move to bring him back. If you’ve already decided a guy who was already here who you have a personal relationship with isn’t the guy, then go find someone who is.

Reaction Score
Are people really concerned that Mora might have to take on more responsibilities on the defensive side of the ball?
He was defensive coordinator of the 49ers for god sakes. If head coaches can do offensive play calling then they can probably do OK running the defense as well. Or do a partial running of the defense while others step up.
Timing sucks but let’s not act like this is going to be a death blow to our defense. It could be a blessing
Pretty much sums up my train of thought right now.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
What's so shameless about what I said? Just wondering... for somebody that offers nothing but judging everyone else's comment on here... I've never seen you bring any info other than judging comments made... IMO, that's shameless... spineless even...

It's shameless because you can't admit you're wrong. You gave the the OP a hard time then when e4 posts the same exact thing you offer him such praise.

Did you forget you made this post? Or are we doing revisionist history?
taking a leave is a little different than what the initial post of this thread implied... I hope/pray for the best for Coach Spanos.. This guy I give the utmost respect to... He took the interim head coach gig last year after Edsall was let go at the time his dad died from COVID-19... not to mention he has a wonderful family, wife, 3 boys, one of which is special needs.. Dude's probably on an emotional rollercoaster.. Mental health is real.. just sayin... Prayers up Coach!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Are you posting under two different handles?
Nope. Mods should be able to attest if you would like confirmation. I only have one account here.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
A lot of posters cheerleaded Diaco and Edsall when they were taking a dump on the program. That's what I said. This board has a history of celebrating bad decisions and terrible football.

Wow - so weird that on a fan site there would be some fans that actually posted in a positive manner. Fans that trusted the decisions of the University. Wow - that's really just weird. Who does that? We need names. We need a stockade. This cannot happen again.

I feel compelled at this time to tell everyone that I think all of the decisions made now and in the future by the University are moronic and therefore put me on record that every time someone fails that I already saw it coming - way before anyone else. I won't dare be caught on the wrong side of any programming decision - I can't be, I've already stated every decision is a fail.

Reaction Score
There’s not really a good way to spin this. If it’s personal/family related issues, I wish Spanos the best. If it’s performance/team chemistry related then we have bigger issues, but I do trust Mora to figure it out. Just have to wait and see.

Reaction Score
It's shameless because you can't admit you're wrong. You gave the the OP a hard time then when e4 posts the same exact thing you offer him such praise.

No I didn't.. I know when I'm wrong... I always point it out... but you come in here and now you're a judge???? bro... You just got started here.. Earn your stripes.... Don't give me that crap when you can't even voice an opinion of your own then, one day, you too can accept constructive criticism... You haven't earned the right to judge here.... Earn it!

Reaction Score

You find two of my thousands of posts to point out... Get a clue first...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
True, I sent a tweet/question to a couple of them, which they completely ignored and wouldn't dignify with a response.

That says more about them than it does you.

I will caveat that with if the UConn staff asked for privacy until the announcement I would be willing to listen.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
No I didn't.. I know when I'm wrong... I always point it out... but you come in here and now you're a judge???? bro... You just got started here.. Earn your stripes.... Don't give me that crap when you can't even voice an opinion of your own then, one day, you too can accept constructive criticism... You haven't earned the right to judge here.... Earn it!

"Earn my stripes" This is the internet. What do you mean earn my stripes? Get a positive reaction score to post ratio.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
by taking the leave, perhaps that allows him to take full pay which he wouldn't get otherwise.

I would definitely say the LOA has strong HR connotations for pay, severance and possibly even allowing some behind the scenes interviewing for replacement.

Reaction Score
Wow - so weird that on a fan site there would be some fans that actually posted in a positive manner. Fans that trusted the decisions of the University. Wow - that's really just weird. Who does that? We need names. We need a stockade. This cannot happen again.

I feel compelled at this time to tell everyone that I think all of the decisions made now and in the future by the University are moronic and therefore put me on record that every time someone fails that I already saw it coming - way before anyone else. I won't dare be caught on the wrong side of any programming decision - I can't be, I've already stated every decision is a fail.
He only comes here to pile on.

Reaction Score
Question is: Why does Spanos look like he's 10 years older than Mora when he's really about 10 yrs. younger? But really, does Mora making the calls on D make the Uconn defense more aggressive for a change? And what part of that passiveness was more on Edsall, than Spanos? Because I've never seen a D put less pressure on the opponents QB, compared to how much they gave up on their own.

UConn opens its season Aug. 27 at Utah State. A replacement for Spanos has not been named.
1660853149587.png

Reaction Score

Where did I say the fans pick the coaches?

Reaction Score
Question is: Why does Spanos look like he's 10 years older than Mora when he's really about 10 yrs. younger? But really, does Mora making the calls on D make the Uconn defense more aggressive for a change? And what part of that passiveness was more on Edsall, than Spanos? Because I've never seen a D put less pressure on the opponents QB, compared to how much they gave up on their own.

UConn opens its season Aug. 27 at Utah State. A replacement for Spanos has not been named.
View attachment 78409
Part of it is that Mora dyes his hair.

Spanos does look old for his age though. Hurley and Spanos are around the same age and both bald but Hurley looks far more youthful to me. I think Spanos being so skinny ages his looks.

Reaction Score
"Earn my stripes" This is the internet. What do you mean earn my stripes? Get a positive reaction score to post ratio.
To be fair, his reaction score-to-post ratio already is positive. It's just less than one.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Where did I say the fans pick the coaches?
Your enmity in post 139 insinuates it’s the fan base that is the problem. That post was your attempt to spike the football around here on fellow fans. You should instead look to spike the ball on the administration- they have the power and you clearly have the knowledge.

Please- put it on record now- who and what sucks about the current football staff. Tempted to say everyone, right?

Reaction Score
He's 51. Maybe listen to the guy who broke the story and was mocked for it over a press release put out by the school.
None of the press had reported it yet which means it was leaked. Unless he can show us the source with a time stamp.

Reaction Score
If spanos was really a plan d than it was not a smart move to bring him back. If you’ve already decided a guy who was already here who you have a personal relationship with isn’t the guy, then go find someone who is.
They did need continuity for retention reasons.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
As for the OP - it was hard to take seriously - seemed like classic troll job. Late night post - limited poster history - phrased in a way that seem intended to provoke perhaps for fun.

So congrats - he was right.

As for me - I have fewer connections these days....might not get has much info as in the past or as quickly as in the past.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak