Spanos out | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Spanos out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't understand posts like this. This is a UCONN fan site not a game show, no winning or losing taking place and the OP is only right if he has the reason for the leave of absence correct. If it turns out to be health reasons then the op is still wrong, leave of absence sounds like he will return. To be continued....
Given the OP had the "leave of absence" before ANYONE else, I'm inclined to believe the reason as well. Clearly he heard something before even the media.

Reaction Score
This is great news for the program. Whoever fills the role can’t be any worse than Lou

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
taking a leave is a little different than what the initial post of this thread implied... I hope/pray for the best for Coach Spanos.. This guy I give the utmost respect to... He took the interim head coach gig last year after Edsall was let go at the time his dad died from COVID-19... not to mention he has a wonderful family, wife, 3 boys, one of which is special needs.. Dude's probably on an emotional rollercoaster.. Mental health is real.. just sayin... Prayers up Coach!

It literally says a leave of absence in his post. So you guys can't be wrong huh. wow. I'm not gonna dance for the OP but I hope he comes back and does the salsa on all of you.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I don't understand posts like this. This is a UCONN fan site not a game show, no winning or losing taking place and the OP is only right if he has the reason for the leave of absence correct. If it turns out to be health reasons then the op is still wrong, leave of absence sounds like he will return. To be continued....

This is a hilarious take.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

He’s going to tend to some family matters? Well who doesn’t love that Steve Urkel?

1660836252773.jpeg

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Okay - I am now hearing that there is some truth to the OP...that its more than a medical situation here...that there is tension between the coaches on the D. In fact, there may have been a big argument a few days ago that set this in motion. IDK - but whatever happens next will be interesting. Mora is demanding....more than perhaps we the public see from the outside.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Is it too late to bring someone else in for the season? I understand it's not an ideal time but Mora knows a lot of people.

Reaction Score
Matt, who I tweeted about Spanos yesterday B4 practice, finally put up this post and kinda indirectly fished around with a question ( Is this because of game week ?) to see why Mora himself was handling the D. .....here's the answer:

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Okay - I am now hearing that there is some truth to the OP...that its more than a medical situation here...that there is tension between the coaches on the D. In fact, there may have been a big argument a few days ago that set this in motion. IDK - but whatever happens next will be interesting. Mora is demanding....more than perhaps we the public see from the outside.
Turns out @ramfly was 100% on point.

As for me, Zero. Point. Zero.

If you have any investment tips or hot picks during the season, I'm all ears.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's 51. Maybe listen to the guy who broke the story and was mocked for it over a press release put out by the school.
The truth will come out. If he's right, he's right. Spanos worked for Mora before, it's not like any of what Mora demands was new for him. You'd expect some fundamental incompatibility would have shown up sooner. If not, then this is a fail by Mora, who should have identified it earlier or hired somebody else.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I mean, that would have been a real weird troll, even for the internet. Much more believable that UConn football is cursed.
Well - seemed like it was Buffet10's alt account :eek:... that was my initial inclination.

Reaction Score
The truth will come out. If he's right, he's right. Spanos worked for Mora before, it's not like any of what Mora demands was new for him. You'd expect some fundamental incompatibility would have shown up sooner. If not, then this is a fail by Mora, who should have identified it earlier or hired somebody else.
Just to point out both things can be somewhat accurate (personal reasons/staff conflict). Stress manifests differently for different people.

Reaction Score

I agree, if there is a philosophical disagreement it should have been dealt with in the spring. Timing is not good, but if true at least Mora is showing some fire in the belly.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Mora's first failure. Let's see how he and the team responds. If the defense was not on the same page....I guess you could say the silver lining is that hopefully this will fix the problem. Might as well rip off the band-aid instead of letting the situation fester.

It's a super weird situation...I honestly cannot think of an example of this happening before.

Good test for the "brotherhood" concept.

Reaction Score
The OP probably had it right. The real question is what the exact details are. If Lou has been dealing with some stressful personal matters and lost his cool with the players and/or other coaches it is one thing. Mora may have told him to take a little time to handle things and come back ready to coach. If there are big philosophical and practical issues, that's another issue entirely.

Reaction Score

This was one of the reasons I was skeptical and stayed in a holding pattern waiting for the media to do its job. Oh and it was just some rando posting on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom