South Carolina (15) @ Mississippi St (7) - 1/17/19 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

South Carolina (15) @ Mississippi St (7) - 1/17/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i’d like L. Williams in first half of rematch just to see what it looks like.

Probably not great but 6’1 isn’t going to work well either.

Reaction Score
Just watched the Bibby injury on replay. Did not look like an ACL injury to me. On replay looked like ankle got stuck under her and knee twisted. Difficult to tell severity of injury but she was in obvious pain.

Reaction Score
i’d like L. Williams in first half of rematch just to see what it looks like.

Probably not great but 6’1 isn’t going to work well either.
Not sure she would have been effective either, but she does have 5 fouls. Dawn could’ve gotten 6-8 minutes using her to get into McCowans bread basket and muscling around with her. I’d rather see TM attempting from the FT line than flipping bunnies in a few feet from the basket.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
answer isn’t around this year but got to find a way to keep a body on TM without compromising the whole defense.

Doesn't matter. She's outta there after this year. They do get Promise Taylor though. Taylor is good but she's not the post presence that McCowan is.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
They've got Carter.

Who's good as well, but her size is also reasonable. Without the bulky 6'7 down low this matchup is far more even going forward.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
SC lobbed up some pretty much ill-considered shots down the stretch. MSU was aided by a strong and loud crowd.

Reaction Score
Proper distance in defense is like a Catholic middle school dance where the partners are expected to keep the Holy Spirit between them. So said Rebecca (apologies for the clumsy paraphrase)
(Warning - if you're not familiar with Fank Zappa, enter at your own risk)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Most entertaining game of the season so far IMO. Incredible atmosphere and a super up and down game. By far the best showing by McCowan all year, she worked her butt off on both sides and was dominant. She also looked like she was having fun out there for the first time. Shes also probably the best conditioned big girl I've seen--she never was slow getting up and down the court and this was a very up and down game. Great showing for Big T. Danberry was stellar too and Holmes had a strong floor game. Great win for Mississippi State.

The Bibby injury was hard to see, gotta feel for her. This could really hurt Mississippi State's title chances too. Bibby brings great physicality and range to Mississippi State and was playing very well. Scott did a good job as her replacement but no question this will be a major blow if she is out for the year. Really hoping it's not an ACL or anything major.

South Carolina looked really good considering they were absolutely dominated on the glass. Take out that last stretch of 5 missed triples and they went 10-20 from deep. Cooper was outstanding, she looks light years better than she did playing for Holly. The buzzer beaters were great to see, she also had some fantastic passes. Another year under Dawn suits her well IMO instead of jumping to the draft. Herbert-Harrigan also looked really good too. When did she start shooting like that?? Great looking stroke and comfortable handling on the perimeter. If she makes the jump offseason to becoming a more aggressive player, look out. If Dawn can get Cooper back for another year theyll be a strong title favorite next year IMO.

The game plan to sprint downcourt after every basket was effective for South Carolina, they just dont have an answer for McCowan's size inside when she's playing determined.

The rematch at the end of the season should be great. Love the good energy between the coaches. Vic is such a class act and appeared to say some really nice words to Harris at the end of the game. Overall a great game.

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
20-21 at the Free Throw Line. Sometimes that gets overlooked but that was huge tonight.
Costly win for us though with Bibby going down. Prayers for her.

SC is good. Heck of a game and fun to watch. Glad ESPN had it as a prime game. Good for Women’s Basketball.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Just watched the Bibby injury on replay. Did not look like an ACL injury to me. On replay looked like ankle got stuck under her and knee twisted. Difficult to tell severity of injury but she was in obvious pain.

I agree with you. The leg wound up underneath her, which I’ve never seen with an ACL injury.

I hate to see Bibby hurt. Would the MSST fans please post when y’all hear any news on her injury?

Reaction Score
Most entertaining game of the season so far IMO. Incredible atmosphere and a super up and down game. By far the best showing by McCowan all year, she worked her butt off on both sides and was dominant. She also looked like she was having fun out there for the first time. Shes also probably the best conditioned big girl I've seen--she never was slow getting up and down the court and this was a very up and down game. Great showing for Big T. Danberry was stellar too and Holmes had a strong floor game. Great win for Mississippi State.

The Bibby injury was hard to see, gotta feel for her. This could really hurt Mississippi State's title chances too. Bibby brings great physicality and range to Mississippi State and was playing very well. Scott did a good job as her replacement but no question this will be a major blow if she is out for the year. Really hoping it's not an ACL or anything major.

South Carolina looked really good considering they were absolutely dominated on the glass. Take out that last stretch of 5 missed triples and they went 10-20 from deep. Cooper was outstanding, she looks light years better than she did playing for Holly. The buzzer beaters were great to see, she also had some fantastic passes. Another year under Dawn suits her well IMO instead of jumping to the draft. Herbert-Harrigan also looked really good too. When did she start shooting like that?? Great looking stroke and comfortable handling on the perimeter. If she makes the jump offseason to becoming a more aggressive player, look out. If Dawn can get Cooper back for another year theyll be a strong title favorite next year IMO.

The game plan to sprint downcourt after every basket was effective for South Carolina, they just dont have an answer for McCowan's size inside when she's playing determined.

The rematch at the end of the season should be great. Love the good energy between the coaches. Vic is such a class act and appeared to say some really nice words to Harris at the end of the game. Overall a great game.

I always look forward to your analysis as they are always spot on and unbiased! This was the best game I’ve seen SC play all year! Even though it was a loss I’m very encouraged about the rematch at the end of conference play!

Good to see you changed your mind about Herbert Harrigan. Just last year I distinctly remember you saying you didnt see her improving much. The player tonight is what Dawn saw when she recruited her! Dawn thinks she can be an AA and WNBA player if she can consistently play how she did tonight. I think I agree she just needs to stay focused and push harder. I’m hoping cooper stays as well. Despite her performance tonight I think she can learn so much more and become even better! Hope she makes the right choice.

Reaction Score
South Carolina looked good. They will be a contender for the SEC title.

They looked good because they were hitting three point shots, but with that kind of rebounding, I have a hard time seeing them as a contender.

Reaction Score
69959691-D38B-41E9-8DCA-6AA153E25644.jpeg

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I always look forward to your analysis as they are always spot on and unbiased! This was the best game I’ve seen SC play all year! Even though it was a loss I’m very encouraged about the rematch at the end of conference play!

Good to see you changed your mind about Herbert Harrigan. Just last year I distinctly remember you saying you didnt see her improving much. The player tonight is what Dawn saw when she recruited her! Dawn thinks she can be an AA and WNBA player if she can consistently play how she did tonight. I think I agree she just needs to stay focused and push harder. I’m hoping cooper stays as well. Despite her performance tonight I think she can learn so much more and become even better! Hope she makes the right choice.

I will say that I've always had a good impression of H-H. Maybe it's just that she always seems to bring her best vs MSU, but she clearly has the hops and skills to be a nice pro if she shows consistent effort.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Herbert-Harrigan showed glimpses the last two years... but really, if we’re being honest, it’s been the last 3 or 4 games where something clicked and she realized just how good she can be. She’s been on another level lately.

Reaction Score
Herbert-Harrigan showed glimpses the last two years... but really, if we’re being honest, it’s been the last 3 or 4 games where something clicked and she realized just how good she can be. She’s been on another level lately.

Hope she keeps it up! She’s a mismatch when she plays at that level and it also opens more driving lanes for the guards.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I thought Andy was biting his tongue and chuckling. To me he seemed to have a very thinly-veiled belief that Sophie is dirty. I mean in the clips they showed she wasn't just "chippy" - she was just blatantly dirty.
I don't think she plays dirty. She is rugged. Also, any Tennessee player who wants to go after Sophie in their next game better think real hard, seeing how she has been into marshal arts since middle school. Just saying.

Reaction Score
I like South Carolinas new offense. I think it works better.

I knew it would be different considering the makeup of the team is different without Aja Wilson but an offense that spreads the floor and can knock down 3's will be good for them.

Miss St and South Carolina are both well coached teams.

Hoping Bibby ends up okay. She is a absolute crucial piece for Miss St and her ability to spread the floor and score. The positive from this game is Miss St's bench really stepped and played well, Scott and AEH in particular.

Reaction Score
I don't think she plays dirty. She is rugged. Also, any Tennessee player who wants to go after Sophie in their next game better think real hard, seeing how she has been into marshal arts since middle school. Just saying.
It's a pattern. She hits somebody in the face, gets called for a flagrant, and later the coach says it was a 'basketball play.' Just google "Sophie Cunningham dirty player" and see how many results you get. There's a reason for that. I train martial arts too, but that doesn't mean it's OK to use as part of my basketball game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom