Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
That last shot was awful quick by MS for having an 8 point lead. They would be better to use the clock.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
That last shot was awful quick by MS for having an 8 point lead. They would be better to use the clock.
That was AEH with the quick trigger. On pretty much every other possession they've done a good job of staying patient.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Big miss there by Cooper on the layup, would have cut the lead to 6.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Got too start walking myself down from this high quality game towards the clank fest likely to be TN/ Alabama
I'm probably gonna focus more on the Gonzaga-BYU game. Will be too painful to watch the bricklayers convention in Tuscaloosa.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Did you watch the sequence?
I watched Lobo and Andy do their segment on Sophie, if that is the sequence to which you are referring. I thought they just gave their take on the subject. Everyone loves to diss Sophie, and they said it was not justified. I suppose it is in the eye of the beholder. Think what you like. I am good regardless! Go Huskies!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'm probably gonna focus more on the Gonzaga-BYU game. Will be too painful to watch the bricklayers convention in Tuscaloosa.

Actually, Michigan - Iowa is my flavor. 32-29 (Iowa at the half). I like both these teams. Nice fundamental post play (without being 6' 7") and good passing guards.

Reaction Score
I watched Lobo and Andy do their segment on Sophie, if that is the sequence to which you are referring. I thought they just gave their take on the subject. Everyone loves to diss Sophie, and they said it was not justified. I suppose it is in the eye of the beholder. Think what you like. I am good regardless! Go Huskies!
I thought Andy was biting his tongue and chuckling. To me he seemed to have a very thinly-veiled belief that Sophie is dirty. I mean in the clips they showed she wasn't just "chippy" - she was just blatantly dirty.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Proper distance in defense is like a Catholic middle school dance where the partners need to keep the Holy Spirit between them. So said Rebecca (apologies for the clumsy paraphrase)
Having gone to Catholic schools , I was always hoping the quote about the spirit being willing, but the flesh being weak would manifest itself. However, the good sisters of St Joseph made sure there was no such opportunity. ;)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Actually, Michigan - Iowa is my flavor. 32-29 (Iowa at the half). I like both these teams. Nice fundamental post play (without being 6' 7") and good passing guards.

Why choose? Watch Michigan-Iowa on TV and stream Gonzaga-BYU on the computer. Zags are a lot of fun to watch this year. Playing a really nice brand of basketball, no star player but getting good production from numerous players.

edit--never mind, this is on BYU's network, not the WCC conference website

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Mississippi State showed a ton of toughness in this game. The loss of Bibby is a really big deal, and Howard played the entire 2nd half in major foul trouble.

I came away just as impressed with South Carolina. They are unrecognizable from the team I watched earlier in the season get blown out by Baylor and Maryland.

Reaction Score
Double digit win but it sure did not seem like it, SC really shot the ball well. Costly win depending on how bad Chole is hurt.

Reaction Score
answer isn’t around this year but got to find a way to keep a body on TM without compromising the whole defense.

Reaction Score
Nah, PF’s are pretty much even, 13-12. It’s the 43-17 rebounding edge that’s dooming USC.

I still seen a lot of phantom calls but yes our rebounding woes from earlier came back to haunt us!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Double digit win but it sure did not seem like it, SC really shot the ball well. Costly win depending on how bad Chole is hurt.

SC just ran out of bullets.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
McCowan back in POY conversation?

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I thought Andy was biting his tongue and chuckling. To me he seemed to have a very thinly-veiled belief that Sophie is dirty. I mean in the clips they showed she wasn't just "chippy" - she was just blatantly dirty.
Never thought of Andy being that subtle, but maybe it is me that is obtuse. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Wish we could’ve had Boston, Amihere, and Beal to help on the boards tonight. Really looking forward to seeing them mixed in with the vets next year!!

Reaction Score
I have never thought Sophie played dirty, she plays tough but not anywhere near as tough as ND players. MSST plays tough and constant pressure, however I am not sure MSST should not play more half court defense rather than full court all game. It takes too much out of our bigs and we have a hard time with fast hot shooting teams.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She was superhuman

26 pts, 24 reb (12 off), 2 blk

And her general mood and body language was better. Far less pouting even if she thought she was fouled.

Reaction Score
And they only showed a chapter from a novel of dirty play by Cunningham.

Proud of the Gamecocks tonight. Far more positives than bad showing their continuing improvement. Time to put this one behind them and get back on the horse against Mizzou, take care of business against the rest of the SEC, and make the season finale rematch against MSU a meaningful one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom