"Sources" | Page 3 | The Boneyard

"Sources"

Reaction Score
He is the man...

Thank you Zionn, 99, Chief and all of them as I know the intent is all good. You have someone close enough to offer these potential outcomes but if anyone takes anything any of your posts as "the final answer" then that's their problem. Wrong, right or indifferent I appreciate the posts and hope they don't stop. Ultimately none of you are the kid nor are the people you get your info from and things change.

Reaction Score
Threads like this are the reason why people who follow recruiting and try to pass on some information(correct or not) leave. You guys turn on them-us like a pack of rabid dogs when things are incorrect or go the other way. If you're not interested or you think it's BS them block us.

Reaction Score
Oz?....

fakenews_0.jpg

Reaction Score
Threads like this are the reason why people who follow recruiting and try to pass on some information(correct or not) leave. You guys turn on them-us like a pack of rabid dogs when things are incorrect or go the other way. If you're not interested or you think it's BS them block us.

Some people speak in riddles or make absolutes when they shouldn't. Speak plainly and with caveats, and people will respond better. Though still trying to know how much confidence to place in a third-party source we aren't vetting is tough.

Reaction Score
If your not 100%. Just don't post. Or else something like this happens.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You would think the people who repeatedly post information that proved to be wrong, would pull a Homer Simpson fade away into the bushes, and cut back on posting.

Nope.
Did you even read the "Tales from the car wash" threads?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Only pay attention to @Zionn. He said all along that Wilson was going to be uphill, and he's already warned us about bad news incoming re: Waters.

No disrespect to everyone else's work, but Zionn's the only one who's consistently been correct afaik. The rest is entertainment.

Probably is, most folks don't wanna buy what he's selling. But it is what it is w the program right now. The Angel of Death cometh.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If your not 100%. Just don't post. Or else something like this happens.

Then there's no information posted ever. That's boring . Go read the US Today if that's what you want.

Even the recruits themselves aren't 100%.

I mean, it takes very little back bone to accept things with a massive grain of salt.

Reaction Score
You would think the people who repeatedly post information that proved to be wrong, would pull a Homer Simpson fade away into the bushes, and cut back on posting.

Nope.

Boom. Little message for all you "insiders." You know who your all are.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

The reasonable people don't. Reality is, there's this type of dude on every board, and it comes with the territory. Would be nice is they weren't so uppity about it.

Reaction Score
Then there's no information posted ever. That's boring . Go read the US Today if that's what you want.

Even the recruits themselves aren't 100%.

I mean, it takes very little back bone to accept things with a massive grain of salt.

I think people are just asking for some better posts. That's all. When you get some inside info, better to tell us exactly what you heard rather than paraphrase it or misinterpret it.

Having seen this play out over and over again for many different teams, I always have to remind myself that the player quotes and family quotes are more telling than anything.

And those quotes were pointing toward St Johns

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think people are just asking for some better posts. That's all. When you get some inside info, better to tell us exactly what you heard rather than paraphrase it or misinterpret it.

Having seen this play out over and over again for many different teams, I always have to remind myself that the player quotes and family quotes are more telling than anything.

And those quotes were pointing toward St Johns

That's fair. The Oz conversation was surprising in terms of how he interpreted it. I didn't get the warm and fuzzies he got.

Reaction Score
Oz is not legit. How many more times does he have to be 100% off base and flat out wrong after a "guarantee" before people realize he's a hack?

Reaction Score

or else...?

Reaction Score
or else...?

Better to tell us

I didn't write "Better tell us..."

And once again, your reading skills prevent you from understanding basic things on the board.

Reaction Score
I like seeing the posts from the people who try and get better info, but in all seriousness you have no idea with these. It's purely a SWAG.

Reaction Score
Better to tell us

I didn't write "Better tell us..."

And once again, your reading skills prevent you from understanding basic things on the board.
I mean, you're telling them how to post. i didn't realize you had that authority.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Boom. Little message for all you "insiders." You know who your all are.

I have little doubt much of the recent "inside info" was spoon fed to be leaked to create the impression we were going to get a couple top(ish) recruits, hoping at least one would buy into the optimism.

I still think the team will be better than most people think. But the last two months have been brutal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We lost a recruit to a bottom feeding BE team St. John's, who is in a conference that is better than ours and perceived to get many more bids than ours will. This is an albatross around KO's neck. I don't understand why so many here forget that because I think it has been a big factor. Our campus, academics, championship history, NBA players and facilities blow St. John's away and if we were in a better conference these recruits come to us.
That is such a lame excuse. I suppose Gonzaga can't recruit because my god look at their conference. It is a 1- bid league. And Witchita State. No way they could recruit in their 1-bid league. Mick Cronin manages to get better recruits in our league. Here is the reality. Ollie is not a great recruiter. He coaches a style of play that is heavily guard dependent and not used by many successful college coaches. And he is an awful game day coach. Until one or more of those things gets fixed this program is not going anywhere.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If anyone is truly taking what they read on an internet message board as gospel that is a you problem.

Nobody knows a damn thing about where a kid is committing until it comes out of his mouth at one of these idiotic two bit "press conferences".

C

Chief00

They're going to be wrong again.

And it still won't matter.

But at least they're wrong for free...the guys losing the recruits are pulling down like $4,000,000 a year.

The very simple answer to the initial post on this thread, which dovetails this one, the coaching staff needs to develop at least a minimum competency and effort when it comes to all facets of recruiting. Until we achieve that we are operating in the dark and any favorable prediction will likely blow up. At best our recruiting is in the reactive mode and often even then the reaction doesn't come. Calhoun had opponents back on their heels reactioning to him - i.e. Beltway Ballers.
We all want the best for the team so we like to believe the rosy narrative we are fed.

Two things I wish KO would value more, assuming the recruiting gets fixed, are the importance of shooters and competent Bigs. Shooting cures a lot of other ills and rebounding/inside scoring/rim protection create problems for the other team.

Generally, basketball is a hard game if you can't shoot. You can do everything right in an offensive play but if you miss the shot it goes for not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom