"Sources" | The Boneyard

"Sources"

Reaction Score
I feel like this forum is plagued by "sources" that have been very innacurate past several months. How do we fix this? Too many people posting too many sources.

Reaction Score
Hc3m6lGn.jpg

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Don't believe anyone who doesn't have any type of verifiable information. No one knows anything.

Reaction Score
I meant it as constructive criticism. I know there's a lot of grumpy old men on here so I guess carry on

Reaction Score
Some message board posts were wrong.

So what? This isn't the New York Times.

This isn't the first time.. anyways I've had a few cocktails so maybe I'm being dramatic. End of the day I just hate seeing Uconn lose recruits they wanted just like everyone else

Reaction Score
I meant it as constructive criticism. I know there's a lot of grumpy old men on here so I guess carry on

You aren't wrong to be frustrated but there is nothing to do about it. As UCONN junkies, we want more information than less. Just remember that no one has an unblemished track record. And please, lets remember (not you necessarily) that if a guy positions himself as KO's best buddy and confidant, it is not necessarily true. The miss calls haven't bothered me as I didn't take them seriously. The new meme that the staff is being blindsided by recruits and is incompetent is being based entirely on a phony wannabe and this is what bothers me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Skepticism on the internet is your friend. Don't believe something just because it agrees with your rooting interest (this is doubly important in life and politics).

Reaction Score
You aren't wrong to be frustrated but there is nothing to do about it. As UConn junkies, we want more information than less. Just remember that no one has an unblemished track record. And please, lets remember (not you necessarily) that if a guy positions himself as KO's best buddy and confidant, it is not necessarily true.

Fair. I just feel like some try to engage in a measuring contest and a lot of info is unsubstantiated just to get it out there. I realize there's probably no way to stop it but just venting

Reaction Score
We lost a recruit to a bottom feeding BE team St. John's, who is in a conference that is better than ours and perceived to get many more bids than ours will. This is an albatross around KO's neck. I don't understand why so many here forget that because I think it has been a big factor. Our campus, academics, championship history, NBA players and facilities blow St. John's away and if we were in a better conference these recruits come to us.

Reaction Score
You aren't wrong to be frustrated but there is nothing to do about it. As UConn junkies, we want more information than less. Just remember that no one has an unblemished track record. And please, lets remember (not you necessarily) that if a guy positions himself as KO's best buddy and confidant, it is not necessarily true. The miss calls haven't bothered me as I didn't take them seriously. The new meme that the staff is being blindsided by recruits and is incompetent is being based entirely on a phony wannabe and this is what bothers me.
What about 99's source saying the staff thought sid was theirs?

Reaction Score
What about 99's source saying the staff thought sid was theirs?

Not ruling out that the kid straight up lied to the staff, or maybe more likely changed his mind after 99 got that info.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You aren't wrong to be frustrated but there is nothing to do about it. As UConn junkies, we want more information than less. Just remember that no one has an unblemished track record. And please, lets remember (not you necessarily) that if a guy positions himself as KO's best buddy and confidant, it is not necessarily true. The miss calls haven't bothered me as I didn't take them seriously. The new meme that the staff is being blindsided by recruits and is incompetent is being based entirely on a phony wannabe and this is what bothers me.

Bingo. We've got enough problems as it is that we don't need supposition bases on 2nd and 3rd hand info passed off as fact.

Reaction Score
But the booster apparently knew the staff thought they had him. Or at least thats how i took it

What I am saying it to take the word of an anonymous booster's 2nd hand opinion with a grain of salt.

Reaction Score
People who provide information they are hearing are welcome in my book. Sometimes we find out good things, sometimes we find out bad things. On this board, or any, if you take what you read as fact you do so at your own risk. If you have followed recruiting at all you know that no one knows the answers until the person commits. I saw a well known national recruiting website that had Kentucky favored for Bamba by a lot the day before he committed to Texas. I'm guessing it wasn't the only one. If people hear things and share them they do so at risk of being crapped on by the people they are sharing them with. It's fairly noble.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If I repeatedly get good info from sources that I don't post, maybe I'll post publicly again. Until then, anyone who wants to know what I'm hearing can DM me. I think there's a good number of people who would appreciate one less person publicly claiming anything.

Reaction Score
If I repeatedly get good info from sources that I don't post, maybe I'll post publicly again. Until then, anyone who wants to know what I'm hearing can DM me. I think there's a good number of people who would appreciate one less person publicly claiming anything.

There is no shame in posting bad information when you aren't presenting yourself as being infallible. Keep it coming.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom