Some quotes from Dave Benedict | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Some quotes from Dave Benedict

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
To whoever said Jackson left because he wouldn’t start here... LMAO. Have you seen our power forwards?

We know why he left. It was in some article awhile ago. He met with Ollie after the season, and Ollie had no plans for him. And he’s at a smaller school because he wanted to be the man, and the high maintenance dad didn’t help. But he was looked at by Baylor I remember that.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
You haven't exposed anything. You just pulled a strawmaster.

No I didnt.

You are a bridge too far with your Black Mark on the university bit.

You want to hold KO's feet to the fire for On court performance. Fine. No problem there.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That doesn't really mean anything though. You can be a fan of whoever you want but that doesn't mean it's not different when you're actually a graduate from that school. These are college sports. You can't tell me it's not a different experience when you actually see players in your classes or see them at a house party or bar.

That argument works for students. Not alumni. Yes, it was "different" when I played foosball at Ted's with Cliff Robinson and Jeff King. But that's pretty short lived.

Reaction Score
Yeah that's kind of the nature of fan forums. I'm not sure why that is personally insulting to you. Perhaps dictating what other posters wrote is why your tenure on your prior board was cut short?

Relax.
Ahhh, speculation....I removed myself from the other board. Telling people to stop making things up is dictating what people post....cause if you are making it up, you are lying. So your hypothetical question is off the mark.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I think we should all keep in mind that most people posting their opinion on the Boneyard have absolutely no influence over how this will play out.

If you decide to stop supporting UConn Basketball depending on which way this goes, that is your prerogative, but don't blame the fans who had a different opinion than you. They didn't sign the contracts, they didn't recruit the players, and they don't have the influence to make a difference.

No one here wants the program to fail (except maybe that lonely PC fan). If you think someone else's opinion is going to lead to the demise of UConn Basketball you need to get your head checked.

Reaction Score
No I didnt.

You are a bridge too far with your Black Mark on the university bit.

You want to hold KO's feet to the fire for On court performance. Fine. No problem there.
It's a reason. Not the only one.

Reaction Score
That argument works for students. Not alumni. Yes, it was "different" when I played foosball at Ted's with Cliff Robinson and Jeff King. But that's pretty short lived.
It still happened though. And the fact that your degree is tied with you for your career. There are connections to the university that non-alum just don't have. It doesn't mean they're not real fans but it's apples and oranges

CL82

Reaction Score
Ahhh, speculation....I removed myself from the other board. Telling people to stop making things up is dictating what people post....cause if you are making it up, you are lying. So your hypothetical question is off the mark.
So let me be less circumspect. New posters telling others what to post or what not post is neither productive nor interesting. Don't read threads you don't like. You can use the ignore feature if you don't like particular posters, if that works for you. But don't be the new guy who tries to tell the rest of the board what to post or not. It rarely ends well.

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
That doesn't really mean anything though. You can be a fan of whoever you want but that doesn't mean it's not different when you're actually a graduate from that school. These are college sports. You can't tell me it's not a different experience when you actually see players in your classes or see them at a house party or bar.

What about when you graduated 10 years ago? Even that is very different from what you’re describing.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
It still happened though. And the fact that your degree is tied with you for your career. There are connections to the university that non-alum just don't have. It doesn't mean they're not real fans but it's apples and oranges

Luckily the basketball team's W/L % has no impact on the value of your degree, at least not for sane people

Reaction Score
What about when you graduated 10 years ago? Even that is very different from what you’re describing.
Union_3-770x430.jpg

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Or in my case, almost 30 years ago. My UConn degree is irrelevant to me at this point.

Reaction Score
Or in my case, almost 30 years ago. My UConn degree is irrelevant to me at this point.

I have to disagree with that. I graduated 30 years ago and my UConn degree is tremendously relevant to me. My experience at UConn was a fantastic one, both academically and socially. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

No I get that.

But what you said was about specifically seeing students in class or at parties.

Also, what about the ones who only went to grad school at UConn?

Reaction Score
No I get that.

But what you said was about specifically seeing students in class or at parties.

Also, what about the ones who only went to grad school at UConn?
It was just a singular example. Some of you people are so dense it's unbelievable

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I have to disagree with that. I graduated 30 years ago and my UConn degree is tremendously relevant to me. My experience at UConn was a fantastic one, both academically and socially. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I agree with that. But once you go to professional school, and have 25+ years of experience on the job, nobody cares where you went for undergrad. I have fond memories of my time in Storrs, and made great, lifetime friends there.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The worst part about guys Like Durham is that if they do good next year everyone will say they could’ve done that this year, but will forget that he got an extra year to get healthy, practice and build up his body.

Of the crew that left, only Durham had any chance of ever being a good D1 player. That said, I don't miss him. He won't be that good. Why? The same attitude that caused him to leave a guy who took a chance on him when he was injured went with him.

People who run from adversity rarely succeed.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Mike Melio is the #1 UConn fan and he only has a fake degree from the school....

Reaction Score
"We don't have the money to be paying 2 coaches, Kevin. So you're back by default."

"I'm gonna rebuild this program and we're gonna do it the right way. We're gonna take the st..."

"You know what? Just please don't."

CL82

Reaction Score
Oh,,,so you suggesting I was removed from another board is OK cause I am "new"? On that point you are making s%%% up. Because it is untrue. My tenure makes my point less valid? Really...it "doesn't end well"? What doe4s that even mean. I am not telling people what to post. I AM telling liars to stop lying....please let me know the date that that becomes OK because I could not find that part in the rules.
Nope, I don't care particularly about your backstory, although the fact that you took a former board moderator's name and added "sucks" to it as your handle here suggests that you have difficultly working in fan forums. Your posts here, the one I quoted in particular, suggest that you the kind of poster that clogs up a message board with crap. Your response to a friendly suggestion pretty much confirms that.

I'm done though, feel free to get the last post in.

Reaction Score
Nope don't care particularly about your backstory, although the fact that you took a former board moderator's name and added "sucks" to it as you handle here suggests that you have difficultly working in fan forums. Your posts here, the one I quoted in particular suggest that you the kind of poster that clogs up a message board with crap. Your response to a friendly suggestion pretty much confirms that.

I'm done though, feel free to get the post in.
Apparently you are not. OK. Having a differing opinion makes one a trouble maker.
There was nothing "friendly" about your "suggestion".
You basically said, you are too new to have an opinion. As for quit making stuff up. I stand by that. I have read outright lies here and looked the other way. It is my right to do so or not.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
This reminds me of Altamont-- that did not end well. I'm on the side of letting KO go but if he comes back next I will cheer him on and hope for the best. I will always cheer UConn on. I'm not an alum but have been a fan since the 70's. Lots of people beating each other up on this thread. Kind of a bummer to me. Peace.

Reaction Score
I can't believe the AD was ambiguous. Regardless of everyone's silly & pointless debates and fan-rating systems, if Kevin Ollie returns to UConn next year I cannot imagine how they will sell tickets to basketball games. The outcomes and product have gone unmistakably downhill. The fan dmeasuring contest is ridiculous, UConn needs to have ALL the fans on board to right the ship and in this past year Ollie failed after getting the 'turn things around or else' offseason evaluation. They ain't selling a ticket with a buy back into redemption again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom