Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 65 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Seems weird as Miller has been in CA recruiting and has not been seen in Pittsburgh. But Matt Steinbrink of PantherLair is usually in the know and says Miller is 1a and in play - and a contract was being discussed on Sunday (by phone, presumably).

According to media reports on the local news in Tucson, Miller and Pitt are dealing through "intermediaries", meaning Pitt has hired a search firm and they're in communication with Miller's agent.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Why have we heard about Pitts offer but not UCONNs or URIs?

Reaction Score
Does this mean that Arizona is now in the picture for Hurley ?
I would guess that Hurley wouldn't want to touch that program right now. But who knows, maybe he'd like to battle with his brother in the PAC 12.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Another all day phone and laptop free strategy session. The timing of these was ideal. Tomorrow I’ll be home for a snow day just in time for actual news.

Uninformed prediction
Pitt - Miller
UConn - Hurley
URI - Cox

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Just got an email from Ray Allen, inviting me to participate in UCONN first annual giving day on 4/4. I think the campaign will be a lot more successful if they have a good coach to showcase.

It's probably giving for the coach. Likely the last one. I heard it's costing a lot to make him go away.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Does this mean that Arizona is now in the picture for Hurley ?

God the Twitter was with 2 brothers in AZ could have great potential.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Let's hope Mrs. Hurley is in tears over the idea of moving to Pittsburg, and is stomping her foot and yelling at him right now. Seriously, when you are talking about this much money, you are set for life regardless of whether it is Pitt or Uconn. Hopefully other factors besides money influence his decision.

Reaction Score
How does Pitt take Miller given the AZ investigation? What am I missing?
When you get right down to it schools will spin the investigation thing and hire the best coach. Roy is still at UNC. Unless you are Rick Pitino of course.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
UConn's conference realignment training program got me ready like

bart millhouse.png

Reaction Score
I've been reading this thread since it was created....does anyone know the current record for longest BY thread?

The longer this plays out the worse it feels. I had thought Hurley was a lock coming into this week, but following along with every piece of garbage that comes out of twitter I am now paranoid, anxious, and all out worried about the optics and fallout of not landing our first choice. Tennessee football's coaching search was outright embarrassing to that program but ultimately worked with Jeremy Pruitt taking the job...I would hate to see UCONN go through anything like that but if it all ends with a quality coach in Storrs I guess it's all good.

At this point I just hope we have an answer either way today.

Reaction Score
I've been reading this thread since it was created....does anyone know the current record for longest BY thread?

The longer this plays out the worse it feels. I had thought Hurley was a lock coming into this week, but following along with every piece of garbage that comes out of twitter I am now paranoid, anxious, and all out worried about the optics and fallout of not landing our first choice. Tennessee football's coaching search was outright embarrassing to that program but ultimately worked with Jeremy Pruitt taking the job...I would hate to see UCONN go through anything like that but if it all ends with a quality coach in Storrs I guess it's all good.

At this point I just hope we have an answer either way today.

Looks like this thread holds the record: 2017 Recruiting: - Hamidou Diallo Graduates

3,573 replies; 371,000 views

This thread is currently #7 all-time in replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member