Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Time to sleep on it and see what tomorrow brings.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And here are the details from the link in the tweet. I'd be surprised if URI could offer anything to Hurley that would top what UConn has to offer:

However, there are no specific program enhancements in the new deal. An increased number of charter flights, an increased salary pool for basketball staff and renovations to basketball offices and the locker room had been staples of previous contract extensions for Hurley. But URI appears to have reached its limit regarding its basketball budget. According to numbers previously released by the U.S. Department of Education, URI ($4.29 million) ranked 94th in spending among all Division I programs in 2015-16. Providence (38th, $7.9 million), Saint Louis (63rd, $6.41 million), VCU (82nd, $5.68 million), Dayton (89th, $5 million) and Richmond (90th, $4.84 million) were among the programs ahead of URI.

There's 5 or so coaches making more than URI's entire annual basketball budget. K makes double haha.

Reaction Score
It’s a done deal. Hurley just needs to make it official on his own terms i.e. tell URI himself rather than having them hear it from the media. We have nothing to be worried about.

Inference or information?

Reaction Score
Seems more like he is using URI and Pitt to get more money from UConn.
Meh. We're hearing whispers rather than what's happening. In all likelihood everything's been set up.

Too many people have reported it, and too many people here who I trust feel like this is a done deal.

He'll likely be our coach tomorrow and we can get to moving forward with this program.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Information

Thanks.

Yeah, this reeks of Hurley wanting to break the news to URI himself, with the sources originally saying it was done and then suddenly backing off a bit. And now Hurley's meeting with URI tomorrow? My guess is this is a done deal by dinnertime tomorrow.

Reaction Score
C’mon Hurley...

2447C5B8-685B-46C0-B65A-67B199495A08.gif

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
would you prefer the few connected people that are left don't say anything?
Actually, yes.

There's hearing it's done, which people here seem to be clued into. and then there's "press conference scheduled" or "the contract has been signed", and until you get one of the latter 2 it's just a handshake agreement.

Reaction Score
If UConn won't confirm it, why did somebody confirm it to you?
Well I obviously can’t officially confirm it, but what I’ve been told has been corroborated by several people tonight so I feel confident enough to post it. Take that for what you will.

Basically, I’m confident enough to say that if I’m wrong, feel free to give me s___ forever. It won’t be though.
Any info on the timetable?
Nothing specific enough to the extent that it’s worth posting. My own take is that I’d be surprised if it wasn’t public by Wednesday night.

Reaction Score
Can’t take this much longer. I was ready to run through a wall with the news of Hurley to UConn I was so pumped. Now I feel like like it’s some twisted joke.

Reaction Score
would you prefer the few connected people that are left don't say anything?

Genuinely curious. (S)He is a good poster (surprise, I like someone with stats in the name) and the info makes sense. A better way to phrase my question would probably be "Why do you think your information is better than what is being reported?"

*Edit* And the response above satisfies me.

Reaction Score
Well I obviously can’t officially confirm it, but what I’ve been told has been corroborated by several people tonight so I feel confident enough to post it. Take that for what you will.

Basically, I’m confident enough to say that if I’m wrong, feel free to give me s___ forever.

Nothing specific enough to the extent that it’s worth posting. My own take is that I’d be surprised if it wasn’t public by Wednesday night.
if we don't hear by end of work day tomorrow I'll be concerned they didn't close the deal

Reaction Score
Genuinely curious. (S)He is a good poster (surprise, I like someone with stats in the name) and the info makes sense. A better way to phrase it would probably be "Why do you think your information is better than what is being reported?"
No offense taken I know what you mean. I’m sure most well connected reporters like Jacobs know that it is done, and are just waiting for the ok to make it official.

Normally I wouldn’t post stuff like this, but people who are far more connected than I am have been told the exact same thing as me.
if we don't hear by end of work day tomorrow I'll be concerned they didn't close the deal
Lol perfect

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I was reading a tweet about Leonard Hamiltons deal, nice incentives for stringing multiple tourney years together, sweet16, final fours etc. that's what we want. Toss in getting good grades too. You achieve & then you get paid vs these enormous buyout problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom