Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Amazing how many sources with different information...

Joe Kayata

✔@NBC10_Joe

Per Source: #URI head coach Dan Hurley spoke with Pittsburgh and UConn today on the phone. He plans on meeting with URI Athletic director Thorr Bjorn tomorrow. Source says Hurley wants to stay at URI if pitch is strong. A decision will be made mid week. @nbc10

8:21 PM - Mar 19, 2018
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Amazing how many sources with conflicting information...

Joe Kayata

✔@NBC10_Joe

Per Source: #URI head coach Dan Hurley spoke with Pittsburgh and UConn today on the phone. He plans on meeting with URI Athletic director Thorr Bjorn tomorrow. Source says Hurley wants to stay at URI if pitch is strong. A decision will be made mid week. @nbc10

Hurley will probably want things that URI cannot provide - more money, better facilities, etc. I'm hopeful that URI cannot come close to UConn's offer. But with all those $20.18 donations from URI fans, you never know.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure what we did to them. They really don’t like us, the URI fan base. Maybe because we’ve claimed Hurley as our next head coach for a few months now and it irritated them.
Would you not have a problem if your gf/bf left you for someone else? I mean its not their fault but you wouldnt be fond of them.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen a game there yet but it looks nice on TV.
But you have to go to Kingston to get there.

Game day facilities are for the fans, not the players. Players want state-of-the-art practice facilities. I think we got URI beat there...

Reaction Score

I heard something about this earlier today on some media outlet or another. Given what Willard has built at Seton Hall the last couple of years it seems weird to me he would go to the Pitt dumpster fire. Is it a better job? I guess it gets him in ACC so you hold your nose, take it and hope you can rebuild it?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Amazing how many sources with conflicting information...

Joe Kayata

✔@NBC10_Joe

I was just about to post this.

Interesting twist.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Don’t like this change in the narrative over the last hour or so.

When Tony Terzi tweets that Pitt has taken the lead in the Hurley sweepstakes, it’ll be time for full-blown panic.

Uhhh I remember that awful night. The board went from "what the fook would Al's son know?" to "Is he legit?" to "Holy Christ Tony Terzi" in an hour.

Reaction Score
Yup. I think he gets back to URI and he has difficulty saying good bye after they sweeten their offer. Getting ready for the kick in the nads.

Reaction Score

Looks like it got erased...it was from golocalprov.com a site that breaks Providence and RI news...says Hurley leaving URI to take UConn job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom