Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Underreplied to post. Would be interested if anyone else knows anything about this.
He was interviewed on the local news this weekend while at some st pat’s fundraiser, they asked him about coming back and he smiled and said he would always be available to help the school if called upon, or words to that effect.

Reaction Score
There will be ne decision tonight. Word is that Hurley is occupied tonight studying the motion offense in a women's basketball game.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Reading that some of those posters thought donating $20.18 to the basketball program in appreciation of their great year made me embarrassed for everyone involved.

Some are even taking to Twitter to berate whomever runs their governor's account for not apportioning more money for Hurley's salary.

C

Chief00

My guess is that they give the job to David Cox (currently Associate Head Coach at URI). He was their lead recruiter and has done quite well.

I am guessing that Tom Moore will be coming with Hurley to UConn. In a dream scenario, Hurley would have Tom Moore on his staff as lead recruiter and convince George Blaney to make another return to UConn to be his X's and O's coach and sounding board.

I would love to have George back but he is a couple years older than Calhoun - and a better golfer LOL - lives on the Cape and in FL - Coming back? Is he crazy?

Reaction Score
Pburgh actually turned out to be a doubleheader when URI got placed in that location. DB and several of the Athleticc Dept staff were slated to go to that sight as part of the site observation since Hartford is a 1st round site for the '19 tourney..... About time sommething involving the NC2A may have worked in our favor....
... even better if the NCAA paid their airfare, R&B, etc.!

Reaction Score
I heard that as well a few days ago - also heard Calhoun was ripped when Miller was fired, but I think that was to be expected if not already discussed. Not sure if that was THE reason for the distance between KO and him or if it occurred before that and that was the final straw.

Pretty sure the rift happened before the Miller firing. I'd be shocked if JC wanted the job at his age, plus isn't he already working at St Joe's?

Reaction Score
He's hiding out for fear that he will be subpoenaed as the key witness in the case of UConn v Kevin Ollie. It's the right thing for him to do.
Chief made the cryptic call last week...and it looks good

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Someone over on their board is now claiming Calhoun met with Hurley during the season and was "tampering."
Whoooah, there’s your NCAA investigation.

Reaction Score
I do feel bad for them. It's a tough spot to be in, URI. They find a good coach, and off he goes. Gotta blow.

But I feel worse about our current situation, so I can live with it.

Eh, that's what happens at the mid majors, AAC included. Look what's happened to the successful football coaches from Houston, UCF, etc...

Reaction Score
Someone over on their board is now claiming Calhoun met with Hurley during the season and was "tampering."

My favorites thus far include one poster saying URI has better facilities than we do and another using the classic female analogy; we're the girl who was hot in college but put on 100 lbs. Be fair, we've only put on about 10 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom