Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't know if we're allowed to post a link to another teams forum but I feel bad. also, on the off chance he is not coming here I'll feel like an idiot. you really have to read the last few pages to take it all in, though

I do feel bad for them. It's a tough spot to be in, URI. They find a good coach, and off he goes. Gotta blow.

But I feel worse about our current situation, so I can live with it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Wanna see this forum make like URI's and only take half the time to reach the fifth stage of grief if that happens?

Most of us are already dead anyway, so it'll probably be, "and that's talking UCONN".

Reaction Score
ESPN has been off on just about every college basketball story they've broken over the last two months. Unless Hurley is telling UConn one thing and then doing another I find that hard to believe. Wouldn't be surprised if that's a leak from the Hurley camp to try and squeeze out a few more dollars
Plus @JMick ...ESPN has everything to lose if he chooses UConn over Pitt...every single one of their guys on Twitter have the same carbon copy line about this

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wow, that URI board. Some are accepting it. Some think UConn is beneath them and they are Gonzaga of the east. Others are worried that Hurley will go to Louisville, saying they don’t buy the UConn thing. Crazy stuff.

Reaction Score
The fact that he's talking to Pitt and URI as well as us just means he's trying to extract as much out of this contract as he should, from whoever is the frontrunner. Anyone who's been coveted in a job search understands this.

Reaction Score
The fact that he's talking to Pitt and URI as well as us just means he's trying to extract as much out of this contract as he should, from whoever is the frontrunner. Anyone who's been coveted in a job search understands this.
Yes. That began earlier today when we starting reading articles on how UConn might not have the money to pay him. Thats agent speak for me let me see how far we can get them to bend.

Reaction Score
FWIW, over on the Pitt board, their most connected poster sent out a message a little while ago saying he has heard Hurley to UCONN is a done deal. Says Hurley always preferred UCONN and essentially asked Pitt for "a blank check." Says there AD is moving onto another candidate.

Like Mulder and Scully, I want to believe!!

Reaction Score
When DePaul got Sammy Mejia to commit, did that mean their brand and pedigree were better than ours?

Damn...Depaul is better than us? When did this happen? In a matter of 20 minutes we went from Blue Blood to Laughing Stock.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
khdoscrywjy4ytcy3vvx.jpg

400 > 100

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If Xavier has surpassed us in terms of brand and pedigree, then the damage KO did to this program was worse than imagined.

They're just a good team right now, playing in a good league, and Mack is a good coach. Plus, there's living in a city if a kid is in to that.

Reaction Score
Underreplied to post. Would be interested if anyone else knows anything about this.
I heard that as well a few days ago - also heard Calhoun was ripped when Miller was fired, but I think that was to be expected if not already discussed. Not sure if that was THE reason for the distance between KO and him or if it occurred before that and that was the final straw.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members