Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
On a college basketball satellite radio station tonight they confirmed that Hurley had a long meeting with Pitt.
They also stated that he has had an offsite meeting with UConn and had a meeting with URI officials at the URI AD home
One guy said that if UConn was not prepared with an alternative it would be unwise - that turned out to be a Pitt beat writer so I have no confidence in that crap
They did say that DH and his agent indicated that he is in no hurry to decide but then made a statement that an announcement could come as a surprise as early as Thursday or not until as late as early April or after the NCAA Tournament.
The on air guy felt that UConn was the favorite, returning to URI next and Pitt last only because Pitt is such a mess right now - if these were his only 3 options but nobody really knows
There was speculation that he may want to talk with Auburn but I highly doubt that
Things are swirling but we expected that
Needless to say - things are heating up

Reaction Score
Good Grief...I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue

upload_2018-3-19_21-20-30.png

Reaction Score
I've been thinking the same thing. That could be a tough gig. Though $3mil takes a lot of worries right off the table.
Yes that helps. And, people who take jobs like this by nature are extremely confident people so it is hard maybe for a "regular guy" like me to understand how they think. But man inheriting a program that has been in the basement for years, with no players on next year's roster, that has to compete in the ACC and trying to build it back up is the work of someone who really believes in themselves. And I truly hope whoever does it, manages just that. It would be a great story if nothing else.

Reaction Score

Back and forth we go. This article claims he’s already excepted the job and the terms are agreed upon

WOWZA:

"University of Rhode Island men's basketball coach Dan Hurley is Ieaving URI to sign with the University of Connecticut, according to multiple sources. Hurley already has accepted the job and the contract terms are completed. "

Reaction Score
Could what happening be similar to what Sterling Gibbs did? If you all remember he strongly denied he had chose to transfer to UConn because he wanted to announce it himself. Maybe Hurley wants a chance to talk to the AD, or maybe he took out space in the local RI paper thanking the fans. It could me a myriad of things. But that’s the feeling I’m getting based on who I think Dan Hurley is. I believe he wants to announce this His way and will deny anything until he can do that

I agree. He has a lot of passion for his players, school and fans wherever he coaches. Definitely wants to do it on his terms which is highly respectable.

Reaction Score
If he goes back to URI a lot of these sports journalists are gonna have eggs on there faces

Reaction Score
Is that what GoLocalProv tweeted earlier and then deleted? Maybe they firmed up their sources.

Hopefully. They are the only ones reporting the the contract was signed.

Reaction Score
In the article they reference the Goodman article. Might be a bit premature but maybe they have better sources.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Swag what does this mean?
Two sports writers that they said they won’t worry until these two say something. I posted a link from the Koch guy about uri not spending money but everyone posting nonstop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom