Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
The URI message board said zags and this Koch guy are the ones they go by apparently
I totally agree about Zags, for hacky sack news, he’s my first go to.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
I’m avoiding all news until the deal is done, whether it be us or someone else. Can’t take this.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Probably why Hurley said this the other day:

"As a program, the investments will have to increase, but that's like with any program trying to get better. You have to rely on the expectations with your investment, and these players deserve to operate at the highest level in our league."

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Staying at URI instead of going to UCONN, would be the most foolish thing he could do. One down year in RI and he'll fall off the map and forever regret it. It's a done deal.

He's got more of a track record than that. Plus, if he's staying, it's presumably not for one more year. And if he's what we hope he is, he'll be building that team right back up.

Reaction Score
Game day facilities are for the fans, not the players. Players want state-of-the-art practice facilities. I think we got URI beat there...

URI practices and has full control of the Ryan Center, hard to beat that for your practice facility.

Reaction Score
Probably why Hurley said this the other day:

"As a program, the investments will have to increase, but that's like with any program trying to get better. You have to rely on the expectations with your investment, and these players deserve to operate at the highest level in our league."
And here are the details from the link in the tweet. I'd be surprised if URI could offer anything to Hurley that would top what UConn has to offer:

However, there are no specific program enhancements in the new deal. An increased number of charter flights, an increased salary pool for basketball staff and renovations to basketball offices and the locker room had been staples of previous contract extensions for Hurley. But URI appears to have reached its limit regarding its basketball budget. According to numbers previously released by the U.S. Department of Education, URI ($4.29 million) ranked 94th in spending among all Division I programs in 2015-16. Providence (38th, $7.9 million), Saint Louis (63rd, $6.41 million), VCU (82nd, $5.68 million), Dayton (89th, $5 million) and Richmond (90th, $4.84 million) were among the programs ahead of URI.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
URI practices and has full control of the Ryan Center, hard to beat that for your practice facility.
Gampel was the same, except for women’s hoops, and volleyball practice and games. Does Rhoda banish them to the originals gym?

Reaction Score
And here are the details from the link in the tweet. I'd be surprised if URI could offer anything to Hurley that would top what UConn has to offer:

However, there are no specific program enhancements in the new deal. An increased number of charter flights, an increased salary pool for basketball staff and renovations to basketball offices and the locker room had been staples of previous contract extensions for Hurley. But URI appears to have reached its limit regarding its basketball budget. According to numbers previously released by the U.S. Department of Education, URI ($4.29 million) ranked 94th in spending among all Division I programs in 2015-16. Providence (38th, $7.9 million), Saint Louis (63rd, $6.41 million), VCU (82nd, $5.68 million), Dayton (89th, $5 million) and Richmond (90th, $4.84 million) were among the programs ahead of URI.
jesus. we're likely going to pay him almost as much as URI puts into the program in total

Reaction Score
It’s a done deal. Hurley just needs to make it official on his own terms i.e. tell URI himself rather than having them hear it from the media. We have nothing to be worried about.
glad to hear multiple people saying the same thing. can't wait to welcome him as our new coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom