Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yup. I think he gets back to URI and he has difficulty saying good bye after they sweeten their offer. Getting ready for the kick in the nads.
Just saw this on Twitter

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hurley will probably want things that URI cannot provide - more money, better facilities, etc. I'm hopeful that URI cannot come close to UConn's offer. But with all those $20.18 donations from URI fans, you never know.

I'm just hoping they don't panic. They might not match us, but they could overextend and offer just enough to sway him (and his family).

Reaction Score
I heard something about this earlier today on some media outlet or another. Given what Willard has built at Seton Hall the last couple of years it seems weird to me he would go to the Pitt dumpster fire. Is it a better job? I guess it gets him in ACC so you hold your nose, take it and hope you can rebuild it?

He probably just wants a pay bump from Seton Hall. Making 1.56 at the moment.

Reaction Score
Could what happening be similar to what Sterling Gibbs did? If you all remember he strongly denied he had chose to transfer to UConn because he wanted to announce it himself. Maybe Hurley wants a chance to talk to the AD, or maybe he took out space in the local RI paper thanking the fans. It could me a myriad of things. But that’s the feeling I’m getting based on who I think Dan Hurley is. I believe he wants to announce this His way and will deny anything until he can do that

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Sounds like the state of Rhode Island is holding on too tight.

Shooters shoot. We shoot.

Reaction Score
Could what happening be similar to what Sterling Gibbs did? If you all remember he strongly denied he had chose to transfer to UConn because he wanted to announce it himself. Maybe Hurley wants a chance to talk to the AD, or maybe he took out space in the local RI paper thanking the fans. It could me a myriad of things. But that’s the feeling I’m getting based on who I think Dan Hurley is. I believe he wants to announce this His way and will deny anything until he can do that
I don't think it's done yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020