Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No way I'm working for a guy named Thorr Bjorn.
I keep picturing Borg
51B6A286-0F69-4AF5-B193-18A363E51D48.jpeg

Reaction Score
All their sources are saying this. All the sources close to the universities seem to be saying this. It would be a huge epic fail on their part if they got this wrong.

I know that. This was already posted here, though.

I heard it’s done, so I’m not freaking out with any of this. It’s all pretty standard operating procedure insofar as these things go.

DAC17

Once upon a time, would never miss a game
Reaction Score
Hurley holds the key to fixing this program, but not the way most people think. He needs to tell Benedict that he’ll come here only if they promise to get back into the Big East in two years. Even if we start winning again, I still can’t imagine large crowds for the likes of ECU, SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, etc.

BTW. Maybe it’s on the board somewhere, but what is the exit fee from the AAC??

Reaction Score
If you are Danny Hurley, you have at least 3 schools who want you to be their head coach next season. There is nothing wrong with taking a couple of days to sort through your options and make sure that you are extremely comfortable with your decision. While many of us want it to already be a done deal, that's not realistic. My guess is that we will know more within 1 to 3 days.

Reaction Score
So much drama started with Nate Miles and the gift that keeps on and on. Without knowing what the heck the NCAA is investigating us for I believe we are in a decent spot starting over and Hurley is my choice but I'm not going to lose any sleep if he doesn't come to Uconn. There are some other good choices the tournament has shown that. No Crean........................

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Holy $ - that URI forum is a riot.
I only read the last few pages of the "Coaching Carousel" thread, but from what I saw it seemed to be a pretty reasonably informed, appreciative, balanced and realistic group for the most part.

Reaction Score
I only read the last few pages of the "Coaching Carousel" thread, but from what I saw it seemed to be a pretty reasonably informed, appreciative, balanced and realistic group for the most part.

Then you missed a lot of crazy on previous pages.

Reaction Score

It's a good forum. URI has a knowledgeable and long time fan base. I actually feel bad for them after suffering for a long time in the post-Harrick and post-Jerry D eras.

Reaction Score
Sorry for the suds from the car wash:

One of my good friends is close with Thorr Bjorn - URI's A.D.

He texted him about Hurley and got nothing back. Texted another friend that's close with him. Says Hurley's gone.

Sounds like it's done.

Don't know who he is bit Joe Kayata's quote at 8:21 PM last night at the end of this article throws some cold water on that idea but, as we all need to realize, these aren't quotes from Hurley or Benedict.

What UConn Needs In Its Next Men’s Basketball Coach

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Why would a rising star like Hurley take a job with ANY school that would throw one of its own under the bus to free up the cap space to hire him? I'm no Kevin Ollie fan, but there's no denying he was a Husky through and through. It was time, I get it. But pay the guy what you owe him. Don't try to "build a case to fire him for breach." No class program would do that. That's the toxic environment Hurley is walking into. A school that's virtually bankrupt. An AD with training wheels. A university president with thin skin and no vision. And, oh yeah, a conference that is trying to wish itself into "Power" status. If I'm Hurley, I run as far and fast as I can from Storrs.

Very accurate. A true blue blood P5 school would already have a system of legacy payoffs via the old boy network which allowed them to violate NCAA rules with abandon. And if a violation was suspected and investigated, the administration would simply deny while the NCAA stalled until some low level peon is offered up.

Congrats on your first post! As a hidden benefit of joining the BY, you've now been signed up to the Pitino/Jurich newsletter/pron list.

Reaction Score
Why would a rising star like Hurley take a job with ANY school that would throw one of its own under the bus to free up the cap space to hire him? I'm no Kevin Ollie fan, but there's no denying he was a Husky through and through. It was time, I get it. But pay the guy what you owe him. Don't try to "build a case to fire him for breach." No class program would do that. That's the toxic environment Hurley is walking into. A school that's virtually bankrupt. An AD with training wheels. A university president with thin skin and no vision. And, oh yeah, a conference that is trying to wish itself into "Power" status. If I'm Hurley, I run as far and fast as I can from Storrs.

Cap space? What do you think this is, the NBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom