Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 214 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Friends, Nutmeggers, Dare I Say Brothers in Husk,

When our great thread began, it began with pure hearts and a clear, inalienable focus -- to watch the relationship between Dan Hurley and the University of Connecticut while mocking Some Guy.

I fear we have lost our way. We have spent pages filling space, recycling beer threads, and dancing on the very edge of that dark, unlinked place.

We may yet pass the hallowed Diallo thread in views, but we must do so by redsiscovering the purity of our intent and heart. Nay, our thread even has a subject! Subject: Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

If we are to achieve our ends, we must be vigilant. We must keep the lamp lit.

My friends, we must keep the Hurley watched.
In the spirit of mojo and to honor this thread I snuck into the AD’s office and Hurley’s home and stole the contracts.

So game on. Will UConn sign Hurley again. Will terms be renegotiated based on Cox staying at URI or will the Young hiring negate this?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
just about 9k views off fellers
With the speculation over Akok, Achiuwa and Lecque the Diallo thread may not be the threshold to target.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Because I like to Google...

Some Guy in 2016:

"I've told myself this many times over the years, "Stay off the Boneyard, Jacobs. And if you go on the UConn fans' website, make sure the wife hides all the sharp objects. Cause it's going to be a rough ride."

Do I listen to myself? Of course not. I'll hold out for a few weeks, but then I give in to the worst angels of my masochism. It's just so entertaining being exposed as a nitwit by the fanatics. I also am the first to admit sometimes there really is strong, legitimate provocative thought. Sometimes — sometimes — there is some rational discourse.

Having said that: Stay off the Boneyard, Kevin Ollie. They're killing you. Some of them have gone off the deep edge."

Will Some Guy see this post? If you do, hello.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Maybe if we start discussing Akinjo and if Hurley is recruiting him we can gain momentum.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
every combination of the letters d and then h turning into coach hurley is making a lot of stuff hard to read.

@temery @bigred

texas roa d. h ouse for example

texas roadhouse

That was quick. Looks fine to me now.

Bottom line: Posters need to stop using initials as if everyone knows what they are talking about.

THEY may know what is being talking about, but the casual fan has to google the initials, and then guess what they mean.

Note to posters: Type the full name, or set up an auto correct on your own computer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Bottom line: Posters need to stop using initials as if everyone knows what they are talking about.

THEY may know what is being talking about, but the casual fan has to google the initials, and then guess what they mean.

Note to posters: Type the full name, or set up an auto correct on your own computer.

Gotcha te ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Update: This thread is just shy of 5K views from being Numbah One! Let's go, people! We owe it to ourselves to get this thread over the finish line!
Just a shade under 7.3k, but who's counting?

aw crap are people going back to view the Diallo thread?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I enjoy T L;DR

tl;dr

Fixing the annoying initials is good. But please don’t turn HCVV into just Diaco.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Who is the strength and conditioning hire for Hurley, and if he has been hired what are his qualifications?

Reaction Score
Nice quote about CT at the end of this:
GoLocalProv | Sports | Godfather of URI Basketball Says Program Never Better, Unveils that Pitino Effort was Not the First

“The State of Connecticut could use an enema and the place to insert it is in Storrs. It is not exactly a place you can see the ocean from,” said Terino."

Terino is a funny guy. Then again would basketball fans rather look at the ocean or 4 NC banners hanging Bobby, you tell me? Keep buying that Pitino stock, enjoy the Yankee Conference.

Reaction Score
Nice quote about CT at the end of this:
GoLocalProv | Sports | Godfather of URI Basketball Says Program Never Better, Unveils that Pitino Effort was Not the First

“The State of Connecticut could use an enema and the place to insert it is in Storrs. It is not exactly a place you can see the ocean from,” said Terino."

Sounds like a sweetheart so I sent him an email advising it's incorrect to end a sentence with a preposition.
Also, remember the vehement denials that the President and AD spoke with Pitino? Whoever said maybe BOTH of them didn't speak with him sounds like the key to them being able to make that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom