Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 213 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Oh, no, he thanked me. And got some likes for it. I think he's going to change. I'm really excited by this. This could be a turning point...or a path to dozens of additional pages for this thread.
What's funny and sad is that most people's behavior is predictable. Maybe if they're on guard they can mask their tendencies but it's easy to draw them out to expose who they really are.

@August_West is one of the people I most admire in this forum. He's as passionate and involved with matters as anyone but rarely is he pulled off his center and he frequently attempts to defuse things. And he does it in a manner that is endearing.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Liked for calling @August_West "endearing." I believe that's a first. Not inaccurate, mind you.
Of all the people in this forum you are one of the few who I thought could be pushed out by idiots. So not everyone is predictable.

What can we do to make it happen again?;)

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It's not always about you. I actually like you despite all the walker whacks I've received.

Some of those guys would show up to the cesspool every few months and turn it into 1950's Mississippi.
I'm a UConn fan with men's bb being my strongest pull. I used to occasionally go to the women's board and the football board and post. Hardly do that anymore.

The interesting thing is that kids in college could make a great report on cultural differences just by observing the three forums. It's not a gender or age thing only. Of course if they went over to the cesspool they'd quit school and overdose on drugs.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm a UConn fan with men's bb being my strongest pull. I used to occasionally go to the women's board and the football board and post. Hardly do that anymore.

The interesting thing is that kids in college could make a great report on cultural differences just by observing the three forums. It's not a gender or age thing only. Of course if they went over to the cesspool they'd quit school and overdose on drugs.

Jimmy Serrano ruined the football board.

Reaction Score
Best laughs this board and the cesspool ever have is when the old crowd from the women's board comes over with their pitchforks.
It's funny, but in a sad sort of way...

H5-3zKvS5noxK4gMf1aAsiY239gDibkU-YbYLKEII5s.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hmm the tinderveeg against cl...

this is like trying to choose who to root for in a BC/Syracuse game... with no Diamond Ferri.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Lighten up Francis. Point out one thing I said that's actually inappropriate.

Geesh, this isn't the BY of old anymore is it?
I could be wrong but It’s my understanding that Tom gets red flagged when there’s inappropriate content. The inappropriate is defined by Google. So they notify him and it’s either delete the thread or get booted from their servers.

I don’t know when Tom switched to Google. So it’s not so much the mods want to censure people as it becomes important to have host servers.

If there is any value with mojo this thread needs to avoid being deleted.

Reaction Score
Lighten up Francis. Point out one thing I said that's actually inappropriate.

Geesh, this isn't the BY of old anymore is it?
Did you not notice we lost a whole other thread because of these same puns, in which nothing was technically "inappropriate" because it was names?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Should I start a new pun thread? It shouldn't be too hard to pop one up.

They are being deleted and people are being banned. Cox, Akok, and Cockburn are off limits for anything than a discussion involving their skill and recruitment. Every joke has been made, time to move on.

This is from advertisers, but even if it wasn't, anything that is caught by an employer's firewall is a potential problem for anyone visiting from work - which is pretty much everyone from 9 to 5.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
As long as I'm allowed to continue to think of immature puns and silently object with exaggerated political labels, I'm OK.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Friends, Nutmeggers, Dare I Say Brothers in Husk,

When our great thread began, it began with pure hearts and a clear, inalienable focus -- to watch the relationship between Dan Hurley and the University of Connecticut while mocking Some Guy.

I fear we have lost our way. We have spent pages filling space, recycling beer threads, and dancing on the very edge of that dark, unlinked place.

We may yet pass the hallowed Diallo thread in views, but we must do so by redsiscovering the purity of our intent and heart. Nay, our thread even has a subject! Subject: Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

If we are to achieve our ends, we must be vigilant. We must keep the lamp lit.

My friends, we must keep the Hurley watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom