Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 215 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
People in Rhode Island always talk about the ocean views, rather than what's in back of them while viewing it.

Not to be all technical but aren't they actually looking at a Sound?

Reaction Score
I'm just going to have a big smile on my face when i see him in Gampel on the 1st game of the year. I know it'll take time to build but I'm hoping we can at least be competitive and I know Hurley will demand that from the players.

The past 2 seasons with Ollie I felt like we never had a chance in the big games even before tip, and that was depressing. With Hurley, even if the talent is roughly the same for next season, I know he'll demand passion and intensity which always gives you a fighting chance in CBB

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Block Island Sound and Buzzards Bay. Narragansett and Newport get ocean views.

I'm calling out them little Rhody's. They're looking at bays and sounds all around. Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket and Block Island? Ocean View.

Narragansett and Newport? Sound views.

upload_2018-4-7_10-58-17.png

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I have a question. Why is it the State of Rhode Island (and Providence Plantations, but let's forget that part) and, with so many islands, not the State of Rhode Islands?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hurley and Young will sign Lecque. Book it. And when it gets close to that time that thread can surpass this one.

And if it's a fail and that failure causes that thread to surpass this one, we'll need a vote whether we should reprise this one. I vote yes. Too early to give up on the mojo.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm just going to have a big smile on my face when i see him in Gampel on the 1st game of the year. I know it'll take time to build but I'm hoping we can at least be competitive and I know Hurley will demand that from the players.

The past 2 seasons with Ollie I felt like we never had a chance in the big games even before tip, and that was depressing. With Hurley, even if the talent is roughly the same for next season, I know he'll demand passion and intensity which always gives you a fighting chance in CBB
I'm going to have a big smile the first time I see him working a ref after a bad call. Huge, actually.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I did like this bit from Terino:

Terino says college basketball is dirty. He said he has seen it at every school and under every coach, but did point out that he never saw it under Hurley.

“He did not socialize with the alums. He kept to himself,” said Terino. “He was clean.”

Although, being perfectly honest, it does limit upside somewhat.

Reaction Score

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Does anyone know what the FGCU basketball board is so I can follow their coaching search? With all the drama of Rhody's search I am hooked on following these things!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I enjoy T L;DR

Larrier;dr

Fixing the annoying initials is good. But please don’t turn HCVV into just Diaco.

Roadhouse (said in the voice of Peter Griffin)

Worth noting: I have no memory of making the D H change, or typing the reply to your post. My kids must be getting onto my computer when I'm not around.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Small matter, especially when one considers nobody knows where Ct. ends and RI begins.

CT and RI fought over Stonington, Westerly, and Wickford for decades. Part of the lore behind the Stonington/Westerly Thanksgiving football game.

From your article linked:
"By 1720, news of the agitation reached the ears of King George I, who threatened to revoke the charters and cede both colonies to New Hampshire before he ultimately decided in favor of Connecticut."

This was the colonial equivalent of telling your kids that if they can't share a toy neither of them will get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom