Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 217 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After the ship in 14 you would have thought KO would have nailed a recruiting class or two to read about. Never happened.
When you say never, what you really mean is only once. Read up!

Reaction Score
And the general public would be right as that is the true real reason for the firing. The just cause bit for some wrong doing is really just ammunition to get out of paying the full buyout amount. If Ollie had kept up winning, he would still be the coach just as Calhoun was for all those years even though he had some misdeeds along the way.
General public no longer cares. Ollie is gone and we got a great coach with some coaching bonafides, who considers Uconn his dream job and last job. We’ve moved on to more exciting things, like recruiting and renewed hope/interest in the program.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Under 4,000 views to the goal, and this thread has 23 users with more than 50 posts in-thread, 10 users with more than 100 posts and 2 with more than 200. Unreal.

Funny thing is, when this thing was kicking into gear, I probably posted 50x ... but I have no concept, it could also be 10. I totally blacked out.

It was like a running chat that consumed 2 days of my life.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Has it yet been explained where the 11.5 million dollars UConn is going to have to pay (buyouts with the firing/hiring) is coming from? That is a lot of money for a department that is experiencing shrinking revenues. As near as I can tell, 10.5M may have to potentially be paid Ollie and 1M paid to URI for Hurley's buyout. While UConn is fighting the Ollie amount, my gut tells me he will have a strong claim on all or near all of it. Add in the legal fees surrounding the KO dismissal and it could end up even more.
Sold some cows

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Funny thing is, when this thing was kicking into gear, I probably posted 50x ... but I have no concept, it could also be 10. I totally blacked out.
It was like a running chat that consumed 2 days of my life.

28x

Reaction Score
lxv4k.jpg

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
False. It is neither a Rhode nor an Island.

Rhode Island is the original name of Aquidneck Island (and actual island) but Rhode Island the state is part of the mainland United States. It has land borders with both Connecticut and Massachusetts, which at the most generous, would make it a peninsula. The fact that the state contains islands does not mean the state itself is an island.

the state is called the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations - ergo Rhode Island is, indeed, an island - the mainland part was part of a colony called Providence Plantations, which i suppose is fair to say it still refers to that mainland part

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
It was time for an avatar update. Sorry Arkeel.

avatars are tough. as a new guy i'm still trying to work on branding - the "pile of beer cans outside the Rent" was kind of cool. i've been using the mets-colored husky but i dont think it stands out as much on the yard as it might elsewhere unless you're looking for the blue/orange (rather than the outline being red)

Reaction Score
Fact: RI, Ct., and NY are the only three states that share an ocean boundary. Stand at Napatree Pt. in Watch Hill and look toward Fisher's Island. The water boundary where Ct., Ny., and RI meet is about half way between Napatree and Fisher's Island.

Reaction Score
Fact: Rhode Island is the only state that can trace its name to Dutch origins. Adriaen Block noted the red soil on Aquidneck Island and called it "Roodt Eiylandt" or Red Island. That same Block was the first European to set foot in Connecticut (in present-day South Windsor) and named Block Island after himself.

Also unrelated Fact: Vermont is the only state, besides Louisiana (King Louis XIV) that can trace its name to French origins. Vermont is a rough translation of "Green Mountain." The more you know!

Reaction Score

Didn’t know where to post this so I figured I’d contribute to the epic thread lol. But this is a pretty dope video with Jalen Lecque. Didn’t know he could shoot so well. Even tho he called Kemba Kyrie -_-

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It feels as though this thread isn't organic anymore. It feels like we are really putting anything here just so it bumps and people keep viewing. It's taken so long because people aren't checking it or have put it on mute.

If the season were still going this freak show would have been locked several days ago. This is the reason mega threads suck.

Reaction Score
It feels as though this thread isn't organic anymore. It feels like we are really putting anything here just so it bumps and people keep viewing. It's taken so long because people aren't checking it or have put it on mute.
I can't imagine the thread will last much after it passes the Diallo thread. Tom has been generous, otherwise it would have been locked last week.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Has some guy been tweeting or writing any informative articles? Has Anthony written anything yet?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I would've helped out with the pageviews more but I do need to get some work accomplished when it's not March Madness or #HurleyWatch time.

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Some guy was last seen retweeting the Travelers Championship's tweet congratulating Patrick Reed on his Masters win. Twenty-two hours ago.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I can't imagine the thread will last much after it passes the Diallo thread. Tom has been generous, otherwise it would have been locked last week.
To be fair there are two Diallo threads. If we were really gonna go for glory with this one, we'd have to combine the pageviews of both Diallo threads and beat that number.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
To be fair there are two Diallo threads. If we were really gonna go for glory with this one, we'd have to combine the pageviews of both Diallo threads and beat that number.

I'm going to guess Tom will put the kibosh on that so enjoy this victory.

Reaction Score
The thread was beautiful, and more or less petered out just under 50K pageviews shy of the Diallo thread, and we've been keeping it on life support since.

We're under a 1000 views away from topping the Diallo thread and moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom