Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 179 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guys the reaction on URI board is down right hysterical ...it ranges from throw Calhoun out of the state (they said he has a house Inn Charlestown), UConn is dirty, UConn is no better than they are, to realists that understand the differences...to fighting with each other who will be coach. They also are a fair smiling that are crucifying Hurley to no end . It was a VERY enjoyable read..and this was a GREAT time posting in the thread!!!!
to be fair - imagine this thread if DH stayed at Rhody

arch

Reaction Score
Awesome. Glad to see Benedict putting the full court press on and going to Pittsburgh to watch URI paid off.

I’ve also heard from people in the know that Calhoun wanted the job and the administration basically told him to take a lap.

Whew, only 178 pages to go.

Reaction Score
1. I thought we couldn't beat out a P5 school for a coach? To put it another way, any coach that could get a P5 offer wasn't going to come to UConn.
2. I thought we couldn't afford to pay a hot coach the going rate? Something...something...go fund me...ha ha...something...something.
3. I thought we couldn't attract a good coach after firing the last coach for cause?

There was a lot of wrong and a lot of fail on this board the past few months. And thank god!!! We got a great coach!
Let's assume DH's decision was entirely about UConn. At the same time, it has to indicate what a dumpster fire Pitt is right now. Regional rivals with SU, UL, VaTech; P5 revenue; a very happening pro/college town; excellent academics. That program went from being at the top of the B.E. annually to being worse than BCU.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
“This program, which is part of one of the top public universities in the country, has a championship history and wonderful support from a passionate fan base." I'm going to take that as confirmation that Dan read this thread and it was the deciding factor in his decision.

Reaction Score
One very upset soul confessed to wanting to force Calhoun out of his Charleston home for taking Hurley away, with torches and pitchforks I presume.
Just got back from there. They have long memories: I can't care less about URI and assumed it was the same. But when you're the sun, all those other lesser stars hate you because they shine less brightly in your presence. Makes some sense that this hurts more than I figured it would for them.

Reaction Score
giphy.gif

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
didn't someone promise to get a tattoo of this thread title if Hurley came? Who was that?

I dunno, but they ought to pay me and fleud some tribute money for getting Jacobs name off the title if they go through with it.

could you imagine living your life with Jeff Jacobs name tattooed on you?

Reaction Score
I dunno, but they ought to pay me and fleud some tribute money for getting Jacobs name off the title if they go through with it.

could you imagine living your life with Jeff Jacobs name tattooed on you?
That makes the thread by the way. Plus some guy tweeting about it. Maybe he's Chief?

Reaction Score
Hey - any Hurley news yet? Don't want to read 180 pages.
You may need to change Custom Title: #notMYcoach , unless you're just reflexively against everyone UConn hires now. Did you want Oats that bad where you're already poisoning the well with Hurley? :)

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
If URI doesn't promote Cox to Head Coach, both Cox and Harris will be coming to UCONN.

It's possible that when negotiating the buyout URI and DH came to an agreement that he would not touch any current or committed players. I thought someone mentioned though an uncommitted guard from NJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom