Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 180 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's possible that when negotiating the buyout URI and DH came to an agreement that he would not touch any current or committed players. I thought someone mentioned though an uncommitted guard from NJ?
Highly unlikely, if not entirely impossible. Hurley can't tell the players they can't leave and URI can't keep them from going to UConn.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
When Sr. Boogers retires they are saying that the Cuse job is a top five job in the country!!! So great.

Anyways a bunch of them thought that Hurley was a good hire and that's really saying something coming from those mouth-breathers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I struggled to finish out the season with the way we were playing. And I didn't have the energy for the full 180 #hurleywatch thread and the positive or negative rumor churn. Anytime anyone asked me I just said, "Sounds like its Hurley". Happy that ended up being the case.

I caught up with everything from roughly 168 to now. Happy to see that the mojo is still strong!

Impressive thread fellas!

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 4.17.40 PM.png

haha

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Highly unlikely, if not entirely impossible. Hurley can't tell the players they can't leave and URI can't keep them from going to UConn.
Not uncommon for there to be stipulations when releasing a kid from a NLI

Reaction Score
Interesting calling UConn a stepping stone for a coach who needed 48 hours to decide on if he wanted to leave flipping URI. Hurley is here for good unless a school like Duke, UNC or Kentucky comes calling and even then I wouldn't call it a lock. He isn't leaving to coach a middling power conference team like Syracuse, NC State or Maryland.

Reaction Score
Interesting calling UConn a stepping stone for a coach who needed 48 hours to decide on if he wanted to leave flipping URI. Hurley is here for good unless a school like Duke, UNC or Kentucky comes calling and even then I wouldn't call it a lock. He isn't leaving to coach a middling power conference team like Syracuse, NC State or Maryland.

Wait, you mean you wouldnt rank Syracuse with Kansas, UNC and Duke??

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
All the highlights are us getting dunked on. Lol.

Tim Doyle seems to forget that we went to a Final Four literally 4 years ago. Oh, also won a title there.

His suggestion that we're "not doing that anymore" is woefully myopic.

But we'll see, I guess.

Seriously. If we aren't "doing that anymore", 98% of the schools out there aren't either. Only 13 schools have made the final four since 2014.

Reaction Score
If URI doesn't promote Cox to Head Coach, both Cox and Harris will be coming to UCONN.

I think he was coach-in-waiting, right? Seems like almost a lock they promote him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom