Some Clarification from the Courant | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Some Clarification from the Courant

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Trust me I know NCAA never cared for us. It just doesn’t make sense why they pulled this now. Why did they wait so long

Well, that had to at least have something no? They could have got info from disgruntled people, or from doing investigations into other schools. Who knows?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The implication being that the other schools didn't do anything shady in actually signing them? That for the first time in the history of college athletics, a kid picks a clean, inferior program over a dirty, superior program?
Although I agree with you, from an NCAA-investigation standpoint it is difficult to imply something without facts.

The story looks better when, “UConn, feeling regelated to P5 outsider, tried to cheat with recruits to get them to sign.” In comparison to having all schools cheat and pay recruits for signatures.

Reaction Score
Well, that had to at least have something no? They could have got info from disgruntled people, or from doing investigations into other schools. Who knows?
Who knows but at least this is minor compared to MSU. If we need to fire Ollie it’s okay at this point. This probably isn’t the first time he pulled this stunt. Now he got caught and he doesn’t know what to do. I want to be a fly on the wall with AD DB today to see what is happening.

Reaction Score
Hmmmm what recruits were we hard after that ended up at Adidas schools?

What recruit were we soooo confident we were getting but ended up not getting?

Who else could use immunity to save themselves???

The answer is there if there is a immunity deal going on.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

This is a good way to look at it to be completely honest. The NCAA will protect the places that bring them money.

Reaction Score
Who knows but at least this is minor compared to MSU. If we need to fire Ollie it’s okay at this point. This probably isn’t the first time he pulled this stunt. Now he got caught and he doesn’t know what to do. I want to be a fly on the wall with AD DB today to see what is happening.

Discussion have probably been going on for some time now. Some of the reports are that UConn was notified of potential violations several months ago. This only broke loose publicly over the last 2 days...

Reaction Score

What is a immunity deal? I don’t fully understand it.

Reaction Score
Discussion have probably been going on for some time now. Some of the reports are that UConn was notified of potential violations several months ago. This only broke loose publicly over the last 2 days...
Wow this is crazy been following this all day to see what happens.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Diallo: “UConn spent 100,000 dollars worth of scholarships on Mamadou to try to recruit me.

This is funny, but Mamadou was ranked higher by ESPN than any big man recruit of the Ollie era besides Durham. Being in with Hamidou was a perk, but it wasn’t the only reason we recruited him.

Reaction Score
Just way too bad that it broke loose on a night when we had such a nice win for this team.....it was actually a fun game to watch last night....
I agree with you I think this was planned, because after a awesome win. Wilson not granted to play and then the allegations all in one Day is crazy.

Reaction Score
There are stories out there of athletes taking improper benefits from a school & going elsewhere...alluded to in the ESPN 30 on 30 story about SMU football..

This has always happened though. Not anything new.

Reaction Score

Why would Herbst claim in the media a few months ago that UConn is squeaky clean if this were true? Only if the AD refused to say anything to her. Highly doubtful.

Reaction Score
Why would Herbst claim in the media a few months ago that UConn is squeaky clean if this were true? Only if the AD refused to say anything to her. Highly doubtful.
I heard in the past Herbst has her issues with telling white lies.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
It will be hard to make a good hire if guilty and the sanctions are bad enough. we will have to find a nobody with potential
Do you think good coaches will want to come to a school with sanctions? Louisville has a ton more money. They're going to hire Padgett soon.
Still better than another year of Ollie

Last edited:
Reaction Score

You would have to ask her that....just indicating that some of the stories in media sources indicate that this has been brewing for more than just a couple of days. If the NCAA has already completed over 100 hours of interviews as was indicated, it just didn't break loose yesterday....

Reaction Score

Source?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom