Some Clarification from the Courant | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Some Clarification from the Courant

Reaction Score
You mean we are in trouble for guys we didn’t even succeed in getting? Talk about the gang that couldn’t shoot straight.

and we'll get punished but strangely the schools they ended up with wont?

Reaction Score
A couple of players got caught up in recruiting scandals such as Waters, Diallio etc.. And got immunity to rat out anything that happened in their recruiting and of the schools mentioned UCONN was the most appetizing to Emmert and the NCAA. Plus they wont touch the P5. Now they will prove they can be hard to improve their image after NC and Louisville.

OR

Our favorite former employee who it is well known is still bitter (Glen Miller) . Putting the screws to his former boss and destroying whats left of his career.
I don’t think Glenn would do that to UConn and Calhoun. If Ollie died this way it’d kill the program along with him

Reaction Score
A couple of players got caught up in recruiting scandals such as Waters, Diallio etc.. And got immunity to rat out anything that happened in their recruiting and of the schools mentioned UCONN was the most appetizing to Emmert and the NCAA. Plus they wont touch the P5. Now they will prove they can be hard to improve their image after NC and Louisville. UCONN still looks good in headlines.

OR

Our favorite former employee who it is well known is still bitter (Glen Miller) . Putting the screws to his former boss and destroying whats left of his career.

Stuck between a rock and a harder rock.

Reaction Score
This obviously sucks but we're still a school that's won 4 titles and we'll have 10 million dollars off the books for our next hire.
SuperJohn being the voice of optimism? Welcome to the twilight zone lol

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
A couple of players got caught up in recruiting scandals such as Waters, Diallio etc.. And got immunity to rat out anything that happened in their recruiting and of the schools mentioned UCONN was the most appetizing to Emmert and the NCAA. Plus they wont touch the P5. Now they will prove they can be hard to improve their image after NC and Louisville. UCONN still looks good in headlines.

OR

The fact people are pinning Miller to this is laughable. Its make believe. There is literally no evidence.

You might as well say John Calipari was my barber. And after seeing him give Doug Wiggins a free haircut in 2005 he offered me 4 laptops that AJ Price stole and a free dance lesson from Bunky.

Reaction Score
All I can say is I bet it’s very busy at UConn today a lot of worrying going on

Reaction Score
You can always count on home-based, state tax supported, ESPN to stand by us! Not only do they make sure to publish the story on a timely basis but they make it known to the sports world that this isn’t the “first time UConn has beeen under NCAA scrutiny”. Squarely on our side whether it’s to promote UConn interest when it comes to conference realignment or any other sports needs related to the State’s flagship university. So great to have them on-board and pulling for us in good times and in bad!!!

Reaction Score
A top low major coach would jump at the chance to coach at UConn. Which is what will probably happen.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
and we'll get punished but strangely the schools they ended up with wont?

Nothing strange about it at all. Emmert would love nothing more than making damn sure he never has to get up on a stage and hand another men's NC trophy to UCONN.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
How come Chief didn't know? He knows everything. :p

Reaction Score
Everyone thought Bazz had the last laugh in 2014 embarrassing Emmert after NC game.

Lets see how nice they are to us now !!! Or who gets last laugh.. This could completely destroy mens basketball program at UCONN

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

No chance. Wouldn't do that to Jim.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Everyone thought Bazz had the last laugh in 2014 embarrassing Emmert after NC game.

Lets see how nice they are to us now !!! Or who gets last laugh.. This could completely destroy mens basketball program at UCONN
I keep thinking about that moment. Emmert looking back now....hmmmm

Reaction Score
This entite framework us just so stupid. God forbid a college athlete that helps pull in millions of dollars for his school be allowed to earn the value of his services like any other worker in this free country of ours.

Far better to let Emmert and a few dozen other “executives” at the NCAA siphon off 7-figure salaries for themselves to launch arbitrary investigations into whether somebody gave a kid a sandwich. Because something something “noble amaterism” something.

Pay the damn players already and this whole stupid recruiting cloak-and-dagger routine goes away.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This obviously sucks but we're still a school that's won 4 titles and we'll have 10 million dollars off the books for our next hire.

You think that $10m is going to be available? I don't. It's going to take a big contract to get somebody of note to come here.

You could have said the same about Indiana post-Sampson. And they're still able to attract top coaching candidates.

Indiana is a far greater job than UCONN.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It will be hard to make a good hire if guilty and the sanctions are bad enough. we will have to find a nobody with potential

Have you no sense of respect for our history and tradition?

Reaction Score
This entite framework us just so stupid. God forbid a college athlete that helps pull in millions of dollars for his school be allowed to earn the value of his services like any other worker in this free country of ours.

It is a whole other topic but yes, nearly everything about college athletics is idiotic. It's a cesspool, a farce and a joke. If this kills the program it'll actually be a relief since I'd stop following college sports entirely.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom