Some Clarification from the Courant | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Some Clarification from the Courant

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I can see it now:

Diablo, Heron in & Waters each stated a dollar amount it would take for a commitment. We said "thanks but no tbanks" so each took a check from an SEC school.

Now under immunity, we get hit for not reporting that the kids asked for cash while the schools and the kids walk away scot free.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
By the way, does Ollie always hand off his half-time interviews to his assistants? I notice it was Chillous taking the questions from Rothstein. Was KO in hiding because he knew this was hovering and didn't want any questions?

He’s got 15 minutes to get back to the locker room, check Tinder, talk to his players, check Tinder, get something to drink, check Tinder and then check Tinder before the second half. He doesn’t have the time for sideline interviews.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
By the way, does Ollie always hand off his half-time interviews to his assistants? I notice it was Chillous taking the questions from Rothstein. Was KO in hiding because he knew this was hovering and didn't want any questions?

Probably not, but who knows.

Yeah Miller used to do it all the time.

Reaction Score
I can see it now:

Diablo, Heron in & Waters each stated a dollar amount it would take for a commitment. We said "thanks but no tbanks" so each took a check from an SEC school.

Now under immunity, we get hit for not reporting that the kids asked for cash while the schools and the kids walk away scot free.
How's the weather in fantasyland?

Reaction Score

Probably not, but who knows.
Ollie stopped doing the halftime interviews in the season following the championship. Always been miller, this year its always been chill.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
LOL it's the NCAA. They are judge, jury and executioner. They do whatever they want
But why is that? That has to be some sort of tampering if true. Is there no governing body for the governing body?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Man, I find myself remembering myself reading Yarders laughing when Cuse fans said this program will fall off a cliff in a few years. I hate remembering that crap.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I just hope this ends up being us trying to pay kids cause I can at least get behind the sentiment. If it's something like Louisville where we were using s e x to recruit kids I would be sick to my stomach. I would have a really hard time supporting the program after that

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
But why is that? That has to be some sort of tampering if true. Is there no governing body for the governing body?

You can appeal the NCAAs decision but the appeals are heard by the NCAA.

Reaction Score
So hold on a second. Let's follow this logic:

- We cheated to try to land a few recruits
- The recruits turned us down for other schools

Doesn't that immediately raise red flags regarding the schools that actually did get these kids?
The bigger red flag is this staff can’t convince kids to come here even when they cheat.

Just kidding. Sort of...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
So hold on a second. Let's follow this logic:

- We cheated to try to land a few recruits
- The recruits turned us down for other schools

Doesn't that immediately raise red flags regarding the schools that actually did get these kids?
Not if the recruits say "Yeah, UConn tried some shady stuff to get me to sign."

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Seriously between Nate Miles not playing a second for UConn and some if not all of these potential recruits not even playing for us, you can't make it up.

If you're going to cheat, get some production out of it for god sakes.
Well, The Boneyard's greeting a lot of traffic; shop Amazon.

On the original thread, were already 130+ comments before sunrise for something posted past midnight that by morning had 0 comments on its publishing website.

The escalating number of comments on the original post, plus 2 offshoot threads reads like a massive brainstorming session triggered by red meat.

There's whatever the NCAA is already investigating, plus all kinds of additional prospects, players, coaches, affiliates, and scenarios.

And I end up being like @WingU-Conn, originally looking forward some, "Hey, how 'bout last night?" chatter when I logged on this morning. This is much more like a game of Clue than was mentioned last night.

Ain't we got fun!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Here's Coach entering the office today...
tenor.gif

Reaction Score
Not sure what happens moving forward but this will be over the programs head for months. 2019 recruiting just took a major blow. Negative recruiting will happen. The end of year exodus will be many more than I thought. Either way I dont see how Ollie is back next year. If their is violations thats a serious death blow to the program.

We would need a new coach who would take over a program that isn't eligible for postseason that probably will lose 80% of the roster.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
View attachment 28059

Well, it appears that we may not have to worry about any 10 million buyout. So we got that going for us. Which is nice.

With a brand completely tarnished. And sanctions. Who's gonna want to come now?

I'm tired of this . It's not remotely enjoyable to follow.

Reaction Score
We need to do this the way North Carolina did it. Deny anything happened, say the coach did nothing wrong, followed by no self punishment. In other words just tell the NCAA to _____ off.

Reaction Score
Rationally im just ready to quit college athletics all together. Unfortunately being an alum makes it harder.
I haven't quit, but I find myself slowly divesting (yes, I'm an alumni).

Reaction Score

Well at some point if/when we are given sanctions, you take your medicine, while offering to pay 2-3 million for a job ..you'll still get some qualified applicants.

Reaction Score

You could have said the same about Indiana post-Sampson. And they're still able to attract top coaching candidates.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Well at some point if/when we are given sanctions, you take your medicine, while offering to pay 2-3 million for a job ..you'll still get some qualified applicants.

LOL at still offering 2-3 million.

Reaction Score
A couple of players got caught up in recruiting scandals such as Waters, Diallio etc.. And got immunity to rat out anything that happened in their recruiting and of the schools mentioned UCONN was the most appetizing to Emmert and the NCAA. Plus they wont touch the P5. Now they will prove they can be hard to improve their image after NC and Louisville. UCONN still looks good in headlines.

OR

Our favorite former employee who it is well known is still bitter (Glen Miller) . Putting the screws to his former boss and destroying whats left of his career.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom