So Carolina vs Miss State | Page 6 | The Boneyard

So Carolina vs Miss State

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
The refs had either too much or too little caffeine. Not a great display of reffing. No doubt that messed with the game's flow and disrupted the teams' game plans.

Not USC's fault but MSU got hosed this game.

AGREED!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The refs gave SC gets two homer no calls on fouls at the end. Dawn, "We don't win this game if it's not in this building". Ain't that the truth.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
My god you have to make those layups Head bang

When the shooter isn't looking at the rim, the percent falls way off. Women tend to flip the ball, looking up, if at all, at the last instant. It's just bad form.

Reaction Score
I saw a lot of home court calls for South Carolina and Mississippi State getting robbed on a few plays at the end.
Great effort!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Except for Wilson and at some times Gray, SC does not look FF to me. Miss St looked like they were going at 2 times the speed
of SC and outhustled them in every phase. When your size fouls out, that's what happens. If we get foul happy refs. we can be in trouble.

Reaction Score
Horrible officiating in WBB? You don't say... :rolleyes:

The officiating was truly something else. The flow of the game was completely butchered, and those two missed fouls were the icing on the bad officiating cake. Both teams deserved better zebras today.

Reaction Score
that was ridiculous , there were 3 bad calls against MSU in the last minute. The officials stole a chance to win from Mississippi State

Reaction Score
Numerous times Coates and Wilson hanging out in the paint on offense! Too many bad calls on fouls that weren't and some mugging not called. Great game though !

Reaction Score
While I disagree with MD as a 3 seed, it has more to do with how good we know they are based on their game vs. UCONN. If their SOS and other quantifiable factors are that poor, it should force coaches to beef up their OOC schedule.

I think they are #2 seed but maybe they know half UConn team was sick and don't give them props for loss too :)

Reaction Score
Ho-hum game. I am far more impressed with 1) Baylor, 2) Florida State, and 3) Texas. I suspect that Maryland has regressed somewhat from when Connecticut played them. Notre Dame not progressing either.

So I feel the Big Four for the Final Four are UConn, Baylor, Florida State, Texas. MSU, USC, Maryland, and Notre Dame fall somewhere between the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight.

Reaction Score
Numerous times Coates and Wilson hanging out in the paint on offense! Too many bad calls on fouls that weren't and some mugging not called. Great game though !

Coach doesn't know how to integrate Coates and Wilson into the offense. Still hanging around.

Reaction Score
Really tough loss by Miss State and Vivians in particular. They just stopped executing on offense late in the first half, and never got their mojo back. But it's the kind of loss that can be character building, and from which they can emerge stronger in time to make a difference for the post-season. Low scoring game, and although SC won, not a whole heck of a lot for them to feel good about tonight.

Reaction Score
Whew, that's over - a tough game to watch. And no one had better say that the game showed how strong defensively all SEC teams are.
The announcers kept saying how great everyone is, and what a great game it was! They did more cheering than the cheerleaders.

Reaction Score
I have to admit that I underestimated Mississippi State in this game and now see why they were undefeated. Respect to Hail State and a tough hard fought victory for Dawn and her crew.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ho-hum game. I am far more impressed with 1) Baylor, 2) Florida State, and 3) Texas. I suspect that Maryland has regressed somewhat from when Connecticut played them. Notre Dame not progressing either.

So I feel the Big Four for the Final Four are UConn, Baylor, Florida State, Texas. MSU, USC, Maryland, and Notre Dame fall somewhere between the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight.
Maryland matches up really well with UConn, it just does. If Maryland has a favorable draw in the tourney, UConn fans could be sweating out another matchup but for me, I'm counting on a team that Maryland doesn't match up well with to knock them off.

Reaction Score
I think that the UConn players all moved up at least one place with the poor performance in a big game by Viviens. 4-16? Not First Team AA performance.

Could we get three First Team AA's? Napheesa, KLS, and Gabby? Plus A'ja Wilson and Plum?

Works for me.

Reaction Score
Maryland matches up with UConn, it just does. If Maryland has a favorable draw in the tourney, UConn fans could be sweating out another matchup. But for me, I'm counting on a team that Maryland doesn't match up well with to knock them off.

But watching Maryland struggle since then suggests to me that they're not the same team they were early in the season. They pulled out a win against lowly Rutgers by less than ten points. Just something about ND and Maryland suggests that they're not progressing.

Baylor and Texas, however, seem to be getting stronger.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Maryland matches up with UConn, it just does. If Maryland has a favorable draw in the tourney, UConn fans could be sweating out another matchup. But for me, I'm counting on a team that Maryland doesn't match up well with to knock them off.
If Gabby & Pheesa stay out of foul trouble, UConn beats Md easily. In fact, that's probably true of any other WBB team right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom