Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If anyone was wondering, this is why no one wants to share inside info here anymore.

The worst thing is people taking rumors or possibilities from insiders and running w it as fact. Or assuming it's a static, permanent condition.

People joke about 'grain of salt' or 'fluid', but those concepts couldn't be any more serious, applicable, and necessary in these situations.

Reaction Score
The worst thing is people taking rumors or possibilities from insiders and running w it as fact. Or assuming it's a static, permanent condition.

People joke about 'grain of salt' or 'fluid', but those concepts couldn't be any more applicable, necessary and important.

Not just from insiders. We have posters stupid enough that someone who could be in his basement with no contacts at all says "I spoke to someone" and if the someone is connected they assume that makes it true.

This thread makes me think our fanbase is too stupid to have a winning team.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Oz directly texts KO. The UConn staff obviously recieved some type of commitment from Sidney, however, as everyone says, KIDS CHANGE THEIR MINDS.

Oz's info is absolutely correct; however, that information changes.

The worst part is, KO and company can think they have him locked up until the 12th hour and he switches. It happens all the time.

Sid told UConn last night he was coming, but family swayed him recently a different way.

I will not feel good until October and he pukes after a hill run.

If Sid told KO yes and he ends up at SJU, then his family would have been the ones that changed his mind at the end. See this comment from ZAGSBLOG -
Asked if Wilson had already made up his mind, his father said, “We’re still in the last thought processes of it.”

Reaction Score

People joke about 'grain of salt' or 'fluid', but those concepts couldn't be any more serious, applicable, and necessary in these situations.

I get that recruiting is fluid and that kids change their minds. However, when you declare a date/time for your announcement, I would assume you've made your decision. So nothing at this point should be "fluid". The issue is that information from 24 hrs ago may be stale. I have no clue what will happen or who really has the correct info, but I'm pretty sure Sid and his family have decided.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Nope / no letter change. Still CONFIRMED. Just prudence.
So what you are saying is a "Confirmed" from Chief does not mean that it is really confirmed.

Reaction Score
If Sid told KO yes and he ends up at SJU, then his family would have been the ones that changed his mind at the end. See this comment from ZAGSBLOG -
Asked if Wilson had already made up his mind, his father said, “We’re still in the last thought processes of it.”

That is what I have been suggesting.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I am preparing my prediction.

Based on all sources, I am currently 26.470588% confident that Sidney Wilson will choose UConn.

Supercali-------------------------

I will update this every 15 minutes for the next 29 hours.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Yeah, that quote told me one thing: he had narrowed it to SJU and UConn, and didn't need to visit UT again. He'd make a decision between those two and announce it tomorrow. I don't think anything has changed, and that's still where we are.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Sid: "Dad, I really like UConn plus my boys Larrier and CV are there"

Dad: "Doesn't your boy Larrier play the same position as you would? Also why would you go there if Glen Miller isn't there anymore?"

Sid: "Yea, you're right as always Pops"

Dad: "Get Mullin on the phone"

Reaction Score
Parents pushing him to stay at home does not mean coaching staff screwing this up... KO And Chill can't change geography. Or family making decisions for this kid..

Also I wonder how much of a sudden desperate pu$$$$$h SJU is making or making with said family who are steering him....?????

^^^^THIS^^^^

Nothing they can do if family wins out, not sure what's so hard about understanding this. Seems UConn had him locked but dad would like him to stay home. May still end up at UConn won't know until he puts the hat on at 6:01 tomorrow. If they lose him it will have little to do with the effort and work of the staff, nor will it tell me anything about our recruiting for the future. Sounds like Chill will impact us and I'm good with that!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Sid: "Dad, I really like UConn plus my boys Larrier and CV are there"

Dad: "Doesn't your boy Larrier play the same position as you would? Also why would you go there if Glen Miller isn't there anymore?"

Sid: "Yea, you're right as always Pops"

Dad: "Get Mullin on the phone"
Sid: Coach told me Larrier will primarily playing the four this year, and they don't have any other conventional threes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom