Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oz said this was his convo with the staff:

I asked that Sidney will ride with us right. Great job in getting that done by all!

Response was- yes sir

Then I followed up with so are we done with 2017 now and focus is on 2018 and beyond?

Response- We will be good when Sid officially commits.

So yes we know what the staff is thinking

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Same friend who said Ollie was 100% confident Hamidou was coming here. People with sources here heard the same thing, OZ said he talked directly to the staff and they told him Sid is a done deal for us.

Yeah Oz just posted an unusually longer message explaining that the staff told him Sid to UConn will be official. ....... that was referring to yesterday's msg

Reaction Score
As someone who spent 4 years at UConn with Susan as president I can confirm this. It was pretty bad
I got one year without her. it's probably the single best year of my entire life. I thought college would be like that forever... but no.

Reaction Score
Something is going on here thats unusual. Not normally do you have people predicting locks on both sides. Im going to say the staff knows something the rest of us dont. They have to, if not...This Looks Really Bad
Nothing is going on here that is unusual. We've seen this before, we will see it again. Whatever happens with one recruit who we didn't even think was going to be in this class several weeks ago will happen and everyone will still be fine afterward. The world is not ending.

Reaction Score
Nothing is going on here that is unusual. We've seen this before, we will see it again. Whatever happens with one recruit who we didn't even think was going to be in this class several weeks ago will happen and everyone will still be fine afterward. The world is not ending.
we've been recruiting him for a while and have been pushing for a 2017 re-class for a while. if he reclassed just to commit elsewhere it is definitely not good.

Reaction Score
Same friend who said Ollie was 100% confident Hamidou was coming here. People with sources here heard the same thing, OZ said he talked directly to the staff and they told him Sid is a done deal for us.

Maybe they wanna feel important and actually knows as much as you and I. Ever consider that? Too many different scenarios to hold onto any one.

Reaction Score
Im mr optimist. But losing a recruit to st johns after going all out, and recruiting him for over a yr looks bad. Nevermind the staff thinking he was a lock to commit. Lets hope he does commit so all of this is a moot point

Reaction Score
The scariest part is if this is another whiff (which it seems like it's going to be) is the total disconnect between staff and players. The staff all 100% thinks Sid is committing here. If he's St. John's bound it's amazing how the staff keeps getting blindsided.

And you get that from Oz? Because as Oz just laid out what he asked the staff and how they responded, it's obvious to me he is horrible at basic tasks of reading. They didn't tell him it was a lock. It sounds like they were telling him politely to go away. You are too tied up in this Oz character.

Reaction Score
And you get that from Oz? Because as Oz just laid out what he asked the staff and how they responded, it's obvious to me he is horrible at basic tasks of reading. They didn't tell him it was a lock. It sounds like they were telling him politely to go away. You are too tied up in this Oz character.
it's not just oz hearing that. Chief is and superjohns friend is hearing the same thing

Reaction Score
it's not just oz hearing that. Chief is and superjohns friend is hearing the same thing
And huskyforlife. Somwone thinks sid is a lock to UConn. It seems only logical that it came from the staff

Reaction Score
Im mr optimist. But losing a recruit to st johns after going all out, and recruiting him for over a yr looks bad. Nevermind the staff thinking he was a lock to commit. Lets hope he does commit so all of this is a moot point
We lose recruits to other schools all the time. So do other schools. It is normal recruiting. Sometimes schools lose to us, at least enough that we can field a team. Sometimes we lost to them. Hanging the future of an entire program on one top 100 kid is an over reaction. I want him too. Mainly because I don't want to see what this board looks like in 90 minutes.

Reaction Score
Oz said this was his convo with the staff:

I asked that Sidney will ride with us right. Great job in getting that done by all!

Response was- yes sir

Then I followed up with so are we done with 2017 now and focus is on 2018 and beyond?

Response- We will be good when Sid officially commits.

So yes we know what the staff is thinking
Ollie texted that from the front row of Dunkin Donuts Park as Chris Mullin was sealing the deal

Reaction Score
And huskyforlife. Somwone thinks sid is a lock to UConn. It seems only logical that it came from the staff
How many times does huskyforlife have to say a recruit is going to UConn that doesn't go to UConn before you realize he doesn't know anything? At some point some of you guys gotta get hip to the game some of these bozos are playing...

Reaction Score
We lose recruits to other schools all the time. So do other schools. It is normal recruiting. Sometimes schools lose to us, at least enough that we can field a team. Sometimes we lost to them. Hanging the future of an entire program on one top 100 kid is an over reaction. I want him too. Mainly because I don't want to see what this board looks like in 90 minutes.
Nothing i said hinted at future of the program being destroyed. I simply said its a bad look..

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm naturally optimistic and still am. But if we miss on Wilson that's 2 recruits in a 6 month period that the staff was certain they had locked up and missed on which is concerning

Reaction Score

And last month we heard no one else was leaving. The same character said the staff was blindsided when Vance left. Why? Because of Oz. Then it turns out, as we heard from Vance's father, they told them he was leaving after the season.

Reaction Score

Actually, when I heard that, I thought it is now less likely he is going to UConn

Reaction Score
Lmao @ how this dude has unraveled to a blubbering mess over the past year. Nah I'm actually gonna keep you off that block, I'm enjoying witnessing your meltdown.
You have no clue what's going on with the program but keep dropping by for your hit and runs, it really adds a lot of value to the board.

You actually used to add a little knowledge about the game but now you just come across as BigErn's fluffer.

Reaction Score
How many times does huskyforlife have to say a recruit is going to UConn that doesn't go to UConn before you realize he doesn't know anything? At some point some of you guys gotta get hip to the game some of these bozos are playing...
And there he goes again.

Reaction Score
And last month we heard no one else was leaving. The same character said the staff was blindsided when Vance left. Why? Because of Oz. Then it turns out, as we heard from Vance's father, they told them he was leaving after the season.
Yes OZ is sketchy. But even without the "gurantee" losing a prioritized recruit whom you spent alot of time on to st johns who put in half the effort is a bad look. This isnt duke or kentucky we're talking about. Its st freaking johns....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom