Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's | Page 33 | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Top booster I talk to says UConn staff thinks they have them

UConn staff thinks they have him ... Got it now!

That's not uncommon, where a staff feels they're in good but end up not, but I admit IF that happens again, it's gonna be deflating.

But I'm not there yet ... Lots of different information, they must feel good about what he's talking about.

I'm not up or down right now, but I'm def hoping this isn't the case.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
47D73E96-93DF-4328-B36D-5588F3A5140A-1355-000002BF4C8263E5.jpeg

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
UConn staff thinks they have him ... Got it now!

That's not uncommon, where a staff feels they're in good but end up not, but I admit IF that happens again, it's gonna be deflating.

But I'm not there yet ... Lots of different information, they must feel good about what he's talking about.

I'm not up or down right now, but I'm def hoping this isn't the case.

If it goes St. John's then I'd have to think it was family pressure to push him that way. We will see.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Or an example of a really strong family bond. We'll see.

Yeah, I don't agree with the whole "bad look" thing. What do you realistically want the staff to do if a family is insistent on their child staying close to home? People are also forgetting St. John's has a pedigree in the area due to their history. They aren't some mid major.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Or an example of a really strong family bond. We'll see.

In my opinion at least, the problem wouldn't be KO not being able to successfully overcome the family issue in making the sale - that sucks, but factors like that are out of our control no matter who you have in the HC's chair. The real red flags lie with the question of the staff being on a completely different page than the actual reality.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't agree with the whole "bad look" thing. What do you realistically want the staff to do if a family is insistent on their child staying close to home? People are also forgetting St. John's has a pedigree in the area due to their history. They aren't some mid major.
The bad is them being 100% sure hes going to commit and he doesnt. Not the end of the world, its just doesnt look good

Reaction Score
In my opinion at least, the problem wouldn't be KO not being able to successfully overcome the family issue in making the sale - that sucks, but factors like that are out of our control no matter who you have in the HC's chair. The real red flags lie with the question of the staff being on a completely different page than the actual reality.
yes, good. join the dark side, stainmaster.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
The bad is them being 100% sure hes going to commit and he doesnt. Not the end of the world, ot just doesnt look good

I'd imagine they would have been told otherwise at this point if he was going elsewhere. It is courteous to. Depends on when @husky99 got that info.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm told that the FiOS at the Wilson house is down, but they've called Verizon for the next available service call.

Announcement may be delayed by 45 days.

Reaction Score
I'd imagine they would have been told otherwise at this point if he was going elsewhere. It is courteous to. Depends on when @husky99 got that info.

I got the info today and i think he got it yesterday

C

Chief00

I'm told that the FiOS at the Wilson house is down, but they've called Verizon for the next available service call.

Announcement may be delayed by 45 days.

LOL
Fortunately, they are at a hall in Harlem.

Reaction Score
This has been the story all day. If he picks elsewhere, it will be a really bad look for the staff.

The real red flags lie with the question of the staff being on a completely different page than the actual reality.

The bad is them being 100% sure hes going to commit and he doesnt. Not the end of the world, its just doesnt look good

I don't buy this at all. It's a bad look for the kid or his family for lying to the staff. If the staff gave up because they thought they had him locked up or got the wrong impression, maybe it's a different story, but we don't think that's true in this case. In fact we've heard staff has been pushing even today. What more can they do but keep pushing despite being lied to?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't listen to anyone until the recruit commits. We've been burned too much and it could change until the announcement

Seriously. All the rumors are just for fun imo. End of the day, only the kid knows, and maybe family. Until he announces, it's up in the air. Every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom